The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 hours ago, Iain said:

Thought Hamilton looked like a shadow of the side we beat 3-2 earlier in the season. Not a great home performance, but comfortably the better side and the more dangerous. Thought a few of our guys made some poor decisions to stall attacks, but it's that part of the season where results matter much more than performance, so can't complain too much.

Pitch had a lot to do with it yesterday , was in very poor condition right through the centre that’s why we tried to keep playing it wide making it easier for Hamilton to defend , players were slipping all over the place and not happy to run with it on the ground in middle 

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If only there was someone we know who has a good track record of producing a quality highlights package.....

So true , he was very good at both quality and timing of posting highlights , you always knew they would appear in a timely manner and always a good watch 

Edited by Finlay21

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Bully said that O'Connor's partner gave birth to their child on Friday night which makes you think he'd be hesitant this month to up sticks and move to Glentoran if the rumours are true.

Him moving closer to home may be a bigger draw then- may increase the risk of losing him

As the man says really poor watch, but three points nearer to the safety figure. Back four were very good especially Reading best game for a long while. Hewitt done well but If Murdoch is out Young Smith is not the answer, thought it strange he took Hewitt off instead of him, liked the boy last year but he hasn’t kicked on. Quite pleased big Dipo isn’t firing at the moment so we keep him after January, big man still works his socks off for the team.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The record icon on the video is a classy touch. 

FFS

It’s beyond tinpot now. How on Earth have we not figured out yet how to put a quality highlights package together this season? Our highlights were better in 2007! 

Good to see the old JVC handycam is still in use....

The fact the camera was at a wonky angle, coupled with the frame rate, made that video unwatchable. 

I know it's volunteers and they mean well but it's really not a great reflection of the club.  

27 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

As the man says really poor watch, but three points nearer to the safety figure. Back four were very good especially Reading best game for a long while. Hewitt done well but If Murdoch is out Young Smith is not the answer, thought it strange he took Hewitt off instead of him, liked the boy last year but he hasn’t kicked on. Quite pleased big Dipo isn’t firing at the moment so we keep him after January, big man still works his socks off for the team.

Reckon it would have rocked smiths confidence as he was a sub himself and bullen doesn’t want to sub the sub? Hewitt can fill murdochs role for a few weeks if he is out. Smith again like bryden needs playing time and should go on loan

I thought Smith looked a lot better than Hewitt. He was tidy in possession especially in tighter areas. Hewitt was definitely decent as well and should’ve had a goal. I think it’s obvious that we have four very similar midfielders with Dempsey being the only one capable of actually carrying the ball forward. We need someone a bit more dynamic who is able to link things up to the attackers so that Dipo doesn’t get isolated as much. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Our media team have lost a couple of really good people this season and it shows , don’t believe we have anyone producing the highlights and are possibly using some of our match analysts footage 

Cannot understand why Wuffster is not still doing his excellent work for the club. 

3 hours ago, North British 2 said:

However he's only 19 and playing at the top end of the championship.

Bryden is 18, not 19 till June, which sort of makes it more impressive. Imo, he's doing well but slightly punching above his weight. That boy is Ayr through and through and getting on the pitch means the world to him, as many players don't play for the badge like he does anymore. 

I'm unsure whether sending him to a L2/L1 team on loan would be deflating for him, though it may be best for his development.

Still think he does a better job than Ashford.

Fixtures are looking good again on Saturday, if we can pick up another 3 points then we could easily solidify our position in the top 4.

That way we won't need to worry about who's potentially or arguably better than us as we'll be factually better and that's really all that matters.....

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

That way we won't need to worry about who's potentially or arguably better than us as we'll be factually better and that's really all that matters

Correct , and games will start to run out . I love to break tasking into bite sized bundles , on that we are entering a three game bundle with  games that should be described as doable . Inch our way through these games with victorys,  1-0 shit fests if need be , then suddenly it's February and a huge Ayr support going crazy in that SRE type shed in Larbert and Queens metal being tested to the full . A test Queens have failed twice already . 

Nothing is ever going to be perfect when we have half the budget of Thistle , Queens and Dundee however we are back in the fight . Lady luck has been kind to us , so fine and bring it on . 

By my (possibly dodgy) maths we took 17 points in the first quarter. That’s if you consider the first game against Partick in the first quarter despite the fact it was pushed back slightly. We then took 15 points in the second quarter. If we continue on that average then we will be there or thereabouts for 1st. Of course we need to make sure that we keep the pace with other teams in terms of recruitment and don’t allow the likes of Dundee or Queens Park to spend money whilst we sit about twiddling our thumbs. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought Smith looked a lot better than Hewitt. He was tidy in possession especially in tighter areas. Hewitt was definitely decent as well and should’ve had a goal. I think it’s obvious that we have four very similar midfielders with Dempsey being the only one capable of actually carrying the ball forward. We need someone a bit more dynamic who is able to link things up to the attackers so that Dipo doesn’t get isolated as much. 

Totally agree with this, thought Smith did really well especially first half, Hewitt took a wee bit to catch the pace but did well overall. Reading had a decent game considering his recent form, but he was absolutely not or best defender yesterday McAllister was excellent, Kirk is as good a defender as there is in the league and McGinty again hardly put a foot wrong. 

Total nonsense about the performance getting spouted, we won after a shaky spell, were never troubled, lost an influential player straight away and got good performances from 2 kids especially after the Bangala nightmares, our defender's all played well, the pitch was testing and it was a rotten day ,still 2/3 out injured and we moved back into 2nd place, remind me where we were 8th January 2022......

The criticism of Bryden again totally overboard I actually thought he did well, what did McKenzie or JML do when they came on..........nothing AGAIN 

33 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

The criticism of Bryden again totally overboard I actually thought he did well, what did McKenzie or JML do when they came on..........nothing AGAIN 

Nothing again would suggest that McKenzie doesn't have 2 goals and 2 assists when he's been subbed on this season, and other solid performances when he's started.

The criticism of Bryden is over the top but attempting to defend him by criticising others is unnecessary. I'm not 100% sure what position McKenzie was being asked to play yesterday as he was closer to the midfield than Dipo but I'm sure both players are following the manager's instructions so for me it should be more questions asked of the tactics and the roles they've been given.