The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Honestly couldn’t be happier tonight, expected a draw at most tonight. Bullen set the team up correctly imo everyone played their part and all subs made an impact. Hopefully we can build on this next season. Bullen deserves another shot, I have questioned him at times (rightly so at times-I think) hats off tonight though

I hope we give the play offs a real go although I don’t expect anything as it’s all a bonus at this point 

Is Alex Kirk not due back from injury soon? just to help with cover and help with changing tactics if needed

Edited by ryanayr1987

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hope you lads can come up with us. Mostly a great bunch of lads on here. All the better if you pump the DABs.

You mean our pet? 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Agreed. This 2nd place finish makes basically every bad thing that's happened this season irrelevant, except maybe Falkirk. Now all of us that have been criticial the past few months just have to clamp it now.

Surely you can just enjoy tonight?  

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Agreed. This 2nd place finish makes basically every bad thing that's happened this season irrelevant, except maybe Falkirk. Now all of us that have been criticial the past few months just have to clamp it now.

I may seem angry about a lot but generally I'm not actually angry.  Falkirk I was completely furious about and didn't watch them in person after until the Queens Park game due to this.  However the second place finish completely makes up for it.  

We are sitting in the position that has been the only way to get promoted to the top flight without winning the league since the playoff came in.  I think it's unlikely we make it through the 4 games but I'd take a chance at the top flight over a chance to lose a cup final if I could only have one.   

Before we get carried away about cash,  the £475,000 figure needs some perspective.  At least half is paid in advance in 3 instalments throughout the season.  At a rough guess that'll be £200,000 (ish) to us in the close season.  

Another money thing to head off in advance, we'll make f**k all in gate receipts in the playoffs, the SPFL takes a high % in the playoffs (possibly 50%). 

11 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I’m couldn’t make tonight as I finish at 4:30. I am absolutely wrecked right now to be quite honest. If this comes across as shite I’ll delete it when I wake up.

I’m only 20. Had a season ticket since I was 4 in 2007 and we’ve been quite shite ever since. This means so much to me. My dads only getting older and to see us in the playoffs fighting for promotion means the world to me. I’ve only ever wanted to see us in the Premiership fighting for promotion means the absolute world to me. I’m crying in Vics in Prestwick as I write this because I expected 6th tonight. Also because I’ve had too much to drink.

Even if we don’t go up I’ve enjoyed this season so much. I love this club and I’ll support it through and through til the day I die. Get everyone to the semi final and be the 12th man to take us to the 1st tier.

I love this town and this club so much. Up the fucking super Ayr.

This is the way.

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Another money thing to head off in advance, we'll make f**k all in gate receipts in the playoffs, the SPFL takes a high % in the playoffs (possibly 50%). 

p***ks.   Almost hope its Queens Park now 🤣.    Would be 2 massive crowds if it's Partick then 2 more again if whoever won that happened to get Killie

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

it is mental that teenagers with smartphones can capture better footage than 99.999% of all documentarians of all time.

The guy in front of camera with his hands up blocking the view of McKenzies winner deserves a lifetime ban IMO 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

More amazed that they scored a second under those circumstances than I am at the second place finish tbh. 

Absolutely wild what transpired last night. 

Yeah considering our lack of goals over the last few weeks, for someone to have the balls to put that away last night was incredible. 

I don’t think I’ve ever felt that nervous/stressed waiting for full time ever. Certainly not for a long time. Never been so happy to see a linesman raise the flag, and to see the Inverness young team running over towards us without realising the goal didn’t count… Glorious! Delighted to finally see us win up in Inverness, after what must be at least 6/7 visits.

I went to all 18 home matches this year, and 11 of the away games. Probably the most I’ve ever been to in a season. I was at a point last night where I just couldn’t be bothered, sick of watching the same stuff, sick of the same selections from Bullen, but when he took Ashford and then Reading off, I genuinely felt like a new man. And the subs made a huge impact. 

To sum up, I’m absolutely buzzing we’ve somehow finished 2nd, and to do it in the manner we did with the late goal. I reckon we’ll relegate St Johnstone after beating Partick on pens, and be playing Premiership football next season. 

24 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Yeah considering our lack of goals over the last few weeks, for someone to have the balls to put that away last night was incredible. 

I don’t think I’ve ever felt that nervous/stressed waiting for full time ever. Certainly not for a long time. Never been so happy to see a linesman raise the flag, and to see the Inverness young team running over towards us without realising the goal didn’t count… Glorious! Delighted to finally see us win up in Inverness, after what must be at least 6/7 visits.

I went to all 18 home matches this year, and 11 of the away games. Probably the most I’ve ever been to in a season. I was at a point last night where I just couldn’t be bothered, sick of watching the same stuff, sick of the same selections from Bullen, but when he took Ashford and then Reading off, I genuinely felt like a new man. And the subs made a huge impact. 

To sum up, I’m absolutely buzzing we’ve somehow finished 2nd, and to do it in the manner we did with the late goal. I reckon we’ll relegate St Johnstone after beating Partick on pens, and be playing Premiership football next season. 

I thought Ashford was pretty good last night tbf, and Reading didn’t seem to do a lot wrong either. 

I’m still in disbelief about last night really. We have been written off for months, not even in the conversation in terms of being closest to the title winners - all about the great form of Partick and Inverness. And yet we kept in touch and managed to pull that off last night. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Think we just about deserved 2nd for our form and performances pre Xmas plus our budget being slightly lower than the other contenders. . No team really found any form or consistency and had they done so would have walked the league. Best bit for me was getting the extra cash which will set us up nicely for next season. 

Think McKenzie has now fully paid for his contract extension so there can be no dissenting voices next season. Finishing second might also get Bullen onto the radar of other teams and a move closer to home. Not really sure we are in any shape or form to be taking part in the play offs as we have been running on empty for months. Some strange results occur in these games though and perhaps the season may have caught up with the likes of Queens Park 

B

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I thought Ashford was pretty good last night tbf, and Reading didn’t seem to do a lot wrong either. 

I’m still in disbelief about last night really. We have been written off for months, not even in the conversation in terms of being closest to the title winners - all about the great form of Partick and Inverness. And yet we kept in touch and managed to pull that off last night. 

I’d say it’s the best Reading has played all season, and you’re correct, Ashford didn’t really do anything wrong, but he also didn’t really do anything.

We’ve only lost twice since the Falkirk game, and got three very important draws (in hindsight) in a row against teams around us in that run. If I had the choice, I’d have taken finishing 2nd over a Scottish Cup semi.

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Before we get carried away about cash,  the £475,000 figure needs some perspective.  At least half is paid in advance in 3 instalments throughout the season.  At a rough guess that'll be £200,000 (ish) to us in the close season.  

The club finishing 10th gets 175k so I presume they can safely pay that in instalments earlier in the season, but I don't see how they could go above that figure? Surely we will now get the remaining 300k?

Do we get any additional money for the TV coverage or is that all wrapped up in the money received already from the BBC deal?

For the gate receipts, it is money that won't have been budgeted for so it should still be viewed as a bonus. I hope it's Partick since that will maximise our revenue.

I had a dream last night, that we somehow finished second in the league, and not the sixth I predicted. 

Oh it was not a dream! Been following Ayr since 1983, seen highs and lows (mainly lows tbh), but last night is why I support Ayr. 

Come on lads, we can get into the SPFL. Believe!!!