The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This no football for almost two weeks is shite. Thought I’d enjoy sitting back and waiting for Thistle or QP but it’s just making me more demented for the semi final. 

I see Logan Chalmers was an unused sub for Tranmere today, can't help but think that move was a complete waste, pointless I know to think of what could have been but you've got to fancy us for a few extra results if he'd stayed, ah well it wasn't our clubs fault and plenty to play for anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

I see Logan Chalmers was an unused sub for Tranmere today, can't help but think that move was a complete waste

I'm sure Logan Chalmers's new garage with Logan Chalmers's third Range Rover in it would disagree.

Put it this way - there are plenty of people who would rather Daire O'Connor didn't spend most Saturday afternoons sitting on his arse (other than Ayr fans of course). To an extent there are always going to be players who could be getting a game elsewhere finding themselves as unused subs at "bigger" clubs. That's in the very nature of having substitute players.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I'm sure Logan Chalmers's new garage with Logan Chalmers's third Range Rover in it would disagree.

I thought it was still a loan at Tranmere and his weekly wage didn't change (although I read that Tranmere covered all of it)?

7 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I thought it was still a loan at Tranmere and his weekly wage didn't change (although I read that Tranmere covered all of it)?

He was. Thumper had a bit of a nightmare 

I don’t blame Chalmers for going down there. Hes still young so has time to make that move again but he’d have been thinking that he’d get more exposure to other sides and try and earn a better contract. Plus I don’t think people are mentioning how big a deal it was that he’d worked with Mellon before and that probably swayed him quite a bit. 

He’ll probably be available in the summer to anyone who can pay him whatever Dundee United are. 

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’ll probably be available in the summer to anyone who can pay him whatever Dundee United are. 

If Dundee United were to be relegated could see him possibly staying there but if they stay up he'll be definitely released. 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t blame Chalmers for going down there. Hes still young so has time to make that move again but he’d have been thinking that he’d get more exposure to other sides and try and earn a better contract. Plus I don’t think people are mentioning how big a deal it was that he’d worked with Mellon before and that probably swayed him quite a bit. 

Would we pay him that for a promotion push next season? (caveat that we fail in the playoffs)

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Dipo the only Ayr man to make the toty.  No Morton players and Dougie ‘Chino’ Imrie is surprised!

There must be some hefty hallucinogens kicking about inverclyde.

Morton won the "we were in the play-off places for a few minutes before Mark McKenzie scored" trophy.

5 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Dipo the only Ayr man to make the toty.  No Morton players and Dougie ‘Chino’ Imrie is surprised!

Midfield and Attack are spot on for me.  Would have Albinson in nets.  Defence is all over the place.  Of course, this is voted by players themselves so folk can't get too upset over it.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Midfield and Attack are spot on for me.  Would have Albinson in nets.  Defence is all over the place.  Of course, this is voted by players themselves so folk can't get too upset over it.

A bit strange that the team that finished 3rd have the most players, but as you say players vote for it. 

3 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Not overly surprised at the team of the season.  

I'd have had Gaston in nets but I think until Friday Ferrie's stats were the best (could still be).  

Thought Kevin Holt would have got in but maybe Tam O'Brien getting in to make up for last year.  

Only other one would be Simon Murray instead of Graham.  

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone else watching tonights game like some kind of analytical tactician?

Or is it just another Championship coin toss no matter who we play?

In terms of head to head, Queens Park would be the preferred option as we have statistally had the better of them (2 wins 1 draw 1 defeat) compared to Thistle (1 win 1 draw 2 defeats).  If it is Queens Park there will be a scramble for away tickets as we'd only get 1100 with around 2000 at Thistle from what has been said.

7 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone else watching tonights game like some kind of analytical tactician?

Or is it just another Championship coin toss no matter who we play?

I will, and will send my findings to manager@ayrunitedfootballclub.co.uk.