The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Scott Martin would probably work for someone in the Championship removed from that team.  

We need a player of that type anyway because our midfield has very little combativeness.  

I was thinking the exact same. No idea how he has been the last season, but has been half decent in the league above too (I think) 

3 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Dipo will be on the bench at least on Friday, I think.

It’ll be the last time the supporters will see him in an Ayr jersey so he’ll get 10 mins at the end if he’s still no fit.

Can you share what you know?

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Who was it that asked the question specifically about Dipo in the pre match interview? Was he from the club or was he front a newspaper, west fm or that? Surely the question should have been edited out? It's effectively backed Bullen into a corner and forced him to lie. Surely not to mention it all was the best way to go. 

totally correct it should have either not been asked or at least edited out ,it was not a club employee or volunteer who asked the question 

Given the amount of people who have apparently heard about Bullen moving on then I’d imagine there’s perhaps something to it. Not sure I’m too keen on the idea of Davidson coming in though. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given the amount of people who have apparently heard about Bullen moving on then I’d imagine there’s perhaps something to it. Not sure I’m too keen on the idea of Davidson coming in though

John Candy No GIF by Laff

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Ayr appointing Davidson is an SRE level rumour.

Aye not sure why he’d turn down a move to Dundee where it’s a Premiership team, decent wage and closer to where he stays to come to Ayr. 

Why would appointing Davidson be a bad move? He did well at at Johnston and a lot of their fans weren’t happy when he was sacked. 

I couldn’t tell you anything about his preferred style of play but bullen doesn’t really have a style of play full stop

Edited by ryanayr1987

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye not sure why he’d turn down a move to Dundee where it’s a Premiership team, decent wage and closer to where he stays to come to Ayr. 

Because Dundee really are a club that want success and if he doesn’t perform he will only get a season. Coming to Ayr he will get time and a chance to build something? That’s the only reasonable explanation I could come up with 

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Why would appointing Davidson be a bad move? He did well at at Johnston and a lot of their fans weren’t happy when he was sacked. 

He won 2 cups with Tommy Wrights team which fair enough was a great achievement. But his recruitment is horrific, his style of play is eye bleeding and you’ll be hard pushed to find any match going St Johnstone fan that wasn’t happy to see the back of him.

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I couldn’t tell you anything about his preferred style of play but bullen doesn’t really have a style of play full stop

Davidson is of the same ilk as Hopkin. Did well in his first season but fell apart when they sold their best players. 

The thing to remember is that it’s important first of all that we sign a good coach with a clear style of play. He’ll have help on the signings front. 

Davidson is a younger version of John Hughes. Can do well with the previous managers team but he then signs utter shite when they leave. 

48 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

😂

Would love to know where you found "a lot" of fans unhappy he was sacked. The vast majority thought he was kept far too long and for many last Summer, after the Play-Off win, was the perfect parting moment as it was clear he couldn't avoid another relegation battle despite spending well over quarter of a million pounds in transfer fees.

On a different note, its interesting that McAlear is performing almost exactly the same for you as he did for Tranmere. Wonder if he was a "data" signing or not? 

mcalear.thumb.png.722607e356a8d883e78146a0030bde0a.png

Just less creative in his passing for you. Pretty much below average, or around average, at everything except safe passes and disrupting opponents on the ground.

Edited by RandomGuy.