The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think the length of contract is a way of convincing these guys to come up to Scotland as it’s a bit of security compared to a two year deal. Giving Ashford that extension last season is bizarre in hindsight but the club maybe felt that if we showed some confidence in him then he’d come good. It’s easy to forget that in his first six months he was doing everything right apart from actually scoring. His work rate, link up play and movement was really good and I had high hopes for him going into last season. 

22 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

It's not just us though most clubs in the championship are giving out multi year deals now,  I wonder if its "we will pay you a bit less but you have security of the 2 years", pretty sure that was one of the reasons JML gave for signing

The two year guys will get paid right through the summer whereas some one year guy might not get fixed up until late August and will have no money since June .

2 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

I would be more inclined it’s right side as at least we have two proper left backs in Reading and Ecrepont meanwhile we really only have the one proper right back in McAllister then your looking at either Hewitt or Bangala as back up which we’ll is not good enough 

Yip i would agree with this. Reading had a dreadful six months but previously showed he was capable. Ecrepont had a few good games but was written off after being rinsed by Fitzpatrick at Firhill. Since then i have seen quite a few established players get exactly the same treatment from Fitzpatrick who can be unplayable in form. Between the pair of them i reckon one could find form, step up and claim the jersey. 

On the other hand right back i don't think McAllister can improve much from being steady cover. Would be looking to push the boat out  and sign an experienced player that allows us to forget about this position ever being problem 

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Yip i would agree with this. Reading had a dreadful six months but previously showed he was capable. Ecrepont had a few good games but was written off after being rinsed by Fitzpatrick at Firhill. Since then i have seen quite a few established players get exactly the same treatment from Fitzpatrick who can be unplayable in form. Between the pair of them i reckon one could find form, step up and claim the jersey. 

On the other hand right back i don't think McAllister can improve much from being steady cover. Would be looking to push the boat out  and sign an experienced player that allows us to forget about this position ever being problem 

This is exactly my thoughts also. McAllister gives his all and actually tackles (which is a rarity nowadays) and I think because of that he tends to get a better reception from the support compared to some others, however the problem remains that he's not really very good at RB and constantly gets caught out positionally when played there.

McAllister I like he maybe is not the best right back but he has improved a lot since he went out on loan to  Clyde and his versatility helped us with covering at CB, he tries hard and I can remember he absolutely clattered someone and got cheered for it think it may have been Henderson from Inverness like to hope he continues improving 

he also for someone who I believe is under 6ft he can jump wins a good amount of headers

Edited by muZZa__44

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

McAllister I like he maybe is not the best right back but he has improved a lot since he went out on loan to  Clyde and his versatility helped us with covering at CB, he tries hard and I can remember he absolutely clattered someone and got cheered for it think it may have been Henderson from Inverness like to hope he continues improving 

It was and I was one of them, he actually didn't hit the little get hard enough !!

They had a running battle from the first minute, so I'm assuming it was to do with an issue they had as both would have been at St Mirren at same time I believe.

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

I would love us to get Michael Smith , the obvious downside is he’s pushing 35 , upside he is vastly experienced , can play full or wing back as well as right centre half . His experience would calm the whole defence down and also allow Sean and Frankie to worry about their own games and not what’s going on on their right … However I guess the guy will have plenty of other offers and again it might take a risky 2 year deal to get him ..

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

McAllister is on a par with Reading. Both are poor full backs. 

That's fair.

If we are only signing a right back (as expected) then we need to hope Ecrepont can step up as Reading looks utterly done at this level.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That's fair.

If we are only signing a right back (as expected) then we need to hope Ecrepont can step up as Reading looks utterly done at this level.

Tbf Ecrepont showed more in two games at right back than Reading did at left back last season. I think if he gets a chance in his actual position then he might come good. Hope he gets his chance as Reading has done nothing to simply be given that position this season. 

McCallister was poor when he joined and was rightly put out on loan, at 19/20 he was still young. 

He came in to the side early last year and gave away the same goal about 3 games in a row, Backing off and showing left wingers the inside, where they curled the ball in to the far top corner. 

He came back in to the side midway through the season and played pretty well, still not great but you couldn't grudge him a starting place. 

At 22 he still has another season to prove he's a capable full back that can take another few steps forward. The problem being, if he isn't, we don't really have cover. 

Well the ticket office continue to be a shambles.
Got an email Wednesday morning that they'd sort me a ticket for Dam Park and my season ticket details would be updated this week.
No joy yet, so I call and just get an answering machine.

quick enough to take the money though. 2 adult season tickets, 2 tops for myself and a strip for the wee man, near 650 notes they've had before a ball is kicked.

seething

On 05/07/2023 at 23:59, Rb123 said:

I know it has been mentioned before but the old railway yard wasteland is just screaming out for something to done with it, would love if Mr Smith's next project was there...

image.thumb.png.bbe401b84b773d369a3b3ad56e30feef.png

Looks as if the line of crash barriers that has been cut down will be where the new stand seats could possibly start so will still be a good amount of terracing which is pleasing.

image.thumb.png.1a7c1d3f7c22bd8470360c81a497d0c7.png

I know in the grand scheme of things its no big deal but that different coloured bit of roof on the main stand really annoys me

5 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

I know in the grand scheme of things its no big deal but that different coloured bit of roof on the main stand really annoys me

Same here, especially with where it is, it might annoy me less if it was at the other end but it's just in the middle of two roof bits that are the same 😂

21 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

I agree and the railway end is a mess as well, they should all be the same colour.

I quite like the black and white on the Railyway end roof. The SRE should be the same as that.

The main stand roof is a horrible thing. I assume the family stand bit was an addition later hence the horrible colour and overlap between the roofs. If it was all the same colour it would be more pleasing on the eye.

To be honest, the hospitality suite was the worst looking part of the stadium. I'm so glad it's been torn down and the new North Stand will be lovely.

That black and white roof on the railway end looks tinpot, the sooner that is replaced the better. While I'm on a rant about tinpot, I would hope we would do away with that half time draw tombola box that they bring on every game, how tinpot is that?