The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

Highlights from last night.

A comfortable enough win but signs of the midfield being sliced through on the break and Paddy Reading being Paddy Reading, both massive issues from last season.

Have the club acknowledged there was a game yet?

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

A lot of outspilling of pent up rage over, well, very little if we're all being honest, in fact it verges on hysterical from some.

Who cares about "updates" on a pre-season kick about against basically an amateur side.

Why all the panic over season tickets when the club have already stated the position and we're ages away from our first match.

The "Dipo saga" is quite clearly outwith the clubs control, they have stated their position and it's what ANY well run club would do, so I'm really puzzled on the anger over that one. As it stands Dipo goes if we get an acceptable and fair offer, if we don't, then Dipo stays. Simples....

As for "the full back situation", it's already well publicised that the club are active looking at recruiting at least a RB and love them or loathe them, we have 2 LB's already signed.

Everything might not be "perfect" but honest to God some of you find the most ridiculous things to moan at !!!

“Why are people who’ve spent hundreds of pounds on season tickets annoyed that there’s been next to no communication about when they’ll be issued, several weeks after paying for them?” is an impressive one, even for the self-declared best Ayr United fan on Pie and Bovril.

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

all i remember was Bangala was 29 last season for us but i wasn't there so could be wrong

Aye it was definitely Bangala. He only had two touches in the highlights but they weren't straight out, so that's progress. 

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

A lot of outspilling of pent up rage over, well, very little if we're all being honest, in fact it verges on hysterical from some.

Who cares about "updates" on a pre-season kick about against basically an amateur side.

Why all the panic over season tickets when the club have already stated the position and we're ages away from our first match.

The "Dipo saga" is quite clearly outwith the clubs control, they have stated their position and it's what ANY well run club would do, so I'm really puzzled on the anger over that one. As it stands Dipo goes if we get an acceptable and fair offer, if we don't, then Dipo stays. Simples....

As for "the full back situation", it's already well publicised that the club are active looking at recruiting at least a RB and love them or loathe them, we have 2 LB's already signed.

Everything might not be "perfect" but honest to God some of you find the most ridiculous things to moan at !!!

I'll address the first two points, as they are ones I've spoken about.

The lack of updates, even acknowledging that we have a team out would be a start, shows a gap in the clubs ability to present a product which people want to engage with.  The fact that teams even at that level are able to put together basic updates about a game in progress, which people were actually wanting to find out about, shows we are missing an offering to the fanbase.

Following on from that, if I send any business the thick end of £570 quid in June, it shouldn't take several follow ups and repeated chasing for them to confirm they have actually received the bank transfer.  Likewise, when they advertise games where season ticket holders can get a free ticket, but a) haven't even updated season ticket applicants if they qualify and b) then resort to word of mouth efforts to ensure people get into the game, with zero official communication, it just shows a level of fan engagement halfway between inept and contempt.

I came back to watching Ayr after a long time away, and after being gifted a half season ticket.  From deciding to buy a couple of tickets to now, the level of engagement from the club, whether they have issues with their ticket supplier or otherwise, have been awful.

I find it bizarre that a fellow fan tells someone who has spent money on a season ticket with no update to basically suck it up. What a nonsense, #weareunited right enough. More like #imallrightjack. What a poor attitude towards your fellow supporters.

If you have bought a season ticket (in some cases months ago). You should by now expect a personalised update on the status of your ticket. You have also effectively been excluded from two events: a free friendly and the Q&A because you opted to pay in instalments rather than via one payment. I would be pissed off and you have every right to be.

Edited by Trogdor

8 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

assuming McAllister and Musonda aren’t avaliable for Saturday and Akinyemi suspended at worst case this is probably our strongest line up for Stirling

2797B7A0-FEF9-4944-B59D-0DA2FC99C40A.jpeg

Smith over Pendlebury for me, and Amartey might be the striker?

I’m guessing McAllister and Musonda were just being saved for this weekend. Regardless - a poor side!

I don't really care if they don't do updates for games but they should be acknowledging that they aren't, it takes about 5 seconds to do so.  

Season ticket holders on the pay up scheme had their money taken off the ages ago, absolute shambles that they haven't had a confirmation that all is fine.  

Perhaps we will get a photograph of some rubble to appease the oiks. 

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I don't really care if they don't do updates for games but they should be acknowledging that they aren't, it takes about 5 seconds to do so.  

Season ticket holders on the pay up scheme had their money taken off the ages ago, absolute shambles that they haven't had a confirmation that all is fine.  

Perhaps we will get a photograph of some rubble to appease the oiks. 

Aye if they didn't have anyone  to do it then a quick tweet advising would have be fine. Even if they were doing updates I don't think we'd of expected much, Team line up, goal alerts, HT and FT score. Not expecting minute by minute updates.

The Season Ticket issue is bang out of order though. Like you say £285 taking our people's bank and not even acknowledgment. Seen on the SRE FB page that someone had emailed the club about it and got a pretty cheeky response. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye if they didn't have anyone  to do it then a quick tweet advising would have be fine. Even if they were doing updates I don't think we'd of expected much, Team line up, goal alerts, HT and FT score. Not expecting minute by minute updates.

The Season Ticket issue is bang out of order though. Like you say £285 taking our people's bank and not even acknowledgment. Seen on the SRE FB page that someone had emailed the club about it and got a pretty cheeky response. 

My season has appeared today in my account but no notification through email

34 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

This another one of these 'Wear one time' third shirts?

Not a fan of it but like the idea of the names on it. 

IMG-20230712-WA0003.jpg

Think that's just an example of what the names on it will look like .that won't be the finished article   let's hope it a bit more exciting. 

5 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Because although we might vent here about them, we are only a tiny minority, and the majority of fans are of the same opinions as Wattoo, so the club thinks all is well and that, and there's nothing that needs to be addressed

It's not as if that "vast majority" is especially vast though is it? Ayr are surely going to be in the bottom half with respects to season books sold this season regardless of last season's standings. And fairweather fans are actually more, rather than less, reliant on club communications with respect to what's happening than your 500 or so core support who will turn up with a twenty quid note on a Saturday regardless.

5 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

And not give a shit ultimately, or have a good laugh at it.

Historically contradicted.

That paper report is fantastic. Can't even provide the score from a game that happened the previous night while interviewing the fucking manager.

Edited by Thumper

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That paper report is fantastic. Can't even provide the score from a game that happened the previous night while interviewing the fucking manager.

Whit? It was written before the game.