The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Mark McKenzie to step up and score double digits this season anyone?

season 7 GIF

He's just not that sort of player. He's better as a second striker making a nuisance of himself and getting the odd goal.

Edited by Trogdor

42 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

National League at best 😂.

just remind me please which league York City play in?

I don't know what age you are but can only assume from your posts that you're under 30 given that WE in Scotland have already been down this road of "Billionaire and Multi Millionaire owners" and look where it left many of the clubs and the league ??

The point I'm making is that it's simply about money and clubs spending WAY beyond their means. Any club can sign any player if they have the financial backing, just look at Man City, it wasn't so long ago they were languishing in the 3rd tier of English Football or Bournemouth and Brighton who were both playing in the 4th tier in front of a couple of thousand fans. Now the top clubs in Germany, France and even Spain can't compete with them in the transfer market !!

I could give you Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, Gretna, Sevco etc, etc who were all doing what your clubs in England are doing just now and it's simply unsustainable, all it takes is a Global recession / market crash (which is coming), boredom, ill health etc and your club is gone, erased from History and nobody will give a toss apart from a few shedding crocodile tears in the media for the first week or two.

Be careful what you wish for......

When a team loses their undoubted best player it creates opportunities for others to step up and for the powers that be to try and create the next chapter.

Thanks for a brilliant season Dipo, time to look forward not back.

The panda knew what was happening.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We need five players IMO, four at an absolute minimum. All need to be good players at this level ready to start. 

Depends what our aims are, if we are happy to just be in the championship next year 2, maybe 3.  

If we want to go a step further we will likely need 5 bodies in and it'll all be a waste of time if two aren't starting full backs.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Depends what our aims are, if we are happy to just be in the championship next year 2, maybe 3.  

If we want to go a step further we will likely need 5 bodies in and it'll all be a waste of time if two aren't starting full backs.  

Yeah, that’s a fair point. Consolidation and three good signings would be fine, I think. 

Two full backs were absolutely in my thinking for challenging for the playoffs again. Even if we could upgrade one full back position now and look to pick someone up in January for the other side. Whatever happens, there needs to be the beginnings of a plan for those positions. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

we want to go a step further we will likely need 5 bodies in and it'll all be a waste of time if two aren't starting full backs.

Don’t think this will be our “step further” season ! Perhaps next season or more likely the one after that ! IMHO ! But the football is starting , dry your eyes and grab your scarf ! 

I'm utterly astonished we have not signed two new first choice full backs.

We also need a bare minimum of 2 strikers with Dipo looking likely to go.

Having Bryden as the only centre forward in the squad is league suicide. He's nowhere near it, in terms of first choice/regular starts.

6 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Don’t think this will be our “step further” season ! Perhaps next season or more likely the one after that ! IMHO ! But the football is starting , dry your eyes and grab your scarf ! 

I don't think it will be either.  

Certainly no desire to grab my scarf and head to Stirling, Cumnock or Perth.  

Somerset for Alloa in the maybe pile, if not I'll force myself along to the Inverness game.  

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Alex Jakubiak and Kai Kennedy are about the only Scottish league experienced players I can think of who are still free agents atm.

Not sure if we're in for any of them or not, both would be decent additions IMO

Kennedy won’t make it as a player in the championship. How many clubs is that he’s now been on loan to and failed to make any real impact at?