The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Nah, just point out the shit state of your pile, maybe mention bodying you 8-0 a month or so ago...

Even after our fuckup later on, still gives us all a warm feeling - thanks 👍

The Ross County game still gives me a chuckle. Proper funny it was.

I actually do envy you in one sense, you can build your ground in your own time for what you want/need.

We had to fling up stands to satisfy cirteria to et into the Premier League, which means we end up with 1 huge stand, 1 smaller one (actually pretty much perfect in size), a listed building that will cost a fortune to renovate (or just a few quid  in petrol and matches), and a wildlife reserve.

Still, I would find it hard to swap them for the memories they've given us.

19 minutes ago, baba douche said:

I actually do envy you in one sense, you can build your ground in your own time for what you want/need.

We had to fling up stands to satisfy cirteria to et into the Premier League, which means we end up with 1 huge stand, 1 smaller one (actually pretty much perfect in size), a listed building that will cost a fortune to renovate (or just a few quid  in petrol and matches), and a wildlife reserve.

Still, I would find it hard to swap them for the memories they've given us.

Genuine question that I've always wondered, what's under that scaffolding that's up behind the goal with no stand

Is it old terracing or something?

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd imagine we should try and get there a bit earlier. With the NT closed it's going to make the SRE turnstiles even busier than they usually are at 2.50pm! Dont want to be missing all our quick goals this season 😂

There was bowling on at Northfield this week, not sure if it still is but there was a load of Police cones about the surrounding area so parking might be tight. 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There was bowling on at Northfield this week, not sure if it still is but there was a load of Police cones about the surrounding area so parking might be tight. 

Yeah I forgot about that! Craigie car park will probably be the best bet for anyone who usually parks Northfield way and only a 5 min walk to the turnstiles 

26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd imagine we should try and get there a bit earlier. With the NT closed it's going to make the SRE turnstiles even busier than they usually are at 2.50pm! Dont want to be missing all our quick goals this season 😂

You are correct there , will certainly help for people to turn up earlier than usual as the turnstiles are limited 

Decent article here with Bullen https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23687498.lee-bullen-eclectic-career-mcgeadys-ayr-united-role/

Couple of notable points regarding McGeady

“I asked him if he was interested in coaching but he said going down the director of football route was more interesting to him,”

He was up doing the warm-up at St Johnstone last weekend, but I asked him to focus specifically on one of the players we have to make a decision on, whether we keep him in the building, put him out on-loan or even release him.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Decent article here with Bullen https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23687498.lee-bullen-eclectic-career-mcgeadys-ayr-united-role/

Couple of notable points regarding McGeady

“I asked him if he was interested in coaching but he said going down the director of football route was more interesting to him,”

He was up doing the warm-up at St Johnstone last weekend, but I asked him to focus specifically on one of the players we have to make a decision on, whether we keep him in the building, put him out on-loan or even release him.

Sam?