The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, GaryMc93 said:

Always surprised people want us to go 4-5-1 this season when we tried it last season with a far better all round striker that was still left isolated and left us creating very little.

People want a new head of recruitment the day after the window shuts. Always worth remembering that fully 50% of the population have a sub-100 IQ.

Genuine question, where do we go from here?

I doubt Bullen is going anywhere at least for another 5 league games. I fear it could be too late by then. Bullen is a very limited manager but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the recruitment has been pretty shambolic this summer.

Edited by Trogdor

Just now, Trogdor said:

I doubt Bullen is going anywhere at least for another 5 league games. I fear it could be too late by then. Bullen is a very limited manager but we shouldn't loose sight of the fact that the recruitment has been pretty shambolic this summer.

I think lose to Falkirk and partick he will be away

Just now, Thumper said:

People want a new head of recruitment the day after the window shuts. Always worth remembering that fully 50% of the population have a sub-100 IQ.

Umm planning for the January window needs to start immediately, there is also still a month to bring in loan players.

What were you saying about IQ…

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

He said himself that both fullback positions were an issue. The structure of recruitment or Bullen is to blame for not addressing a l-o-n-g standing issue. Just one of our problems but a huge one.

Is there any free agents that could help with this?

5 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

You bumped yer heed?

I feel like I’ve been beaten over the head with a baseball bat!

in the end, we’ve been relegated before and regrouped, so I’m sure we can do it again.  The vast majority of that pish on our books isn’t contracted beyond the end of the season so we can start with a clean slate.  The question for Smith is whether he perseveres with Mathie and his “plan”.

People suspected McGeady might be our next manager, and I think you’d get short odds on it playing out that way.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I doubt Bullen is going anywhere at least for another 5 league games. I fear it could be too late by then. Bullen is a very limited manager but we shouldn't loose sight of the fact that the recruitment has been pretty shambolic this summer.

Which coming off of last season, coupled with the extra income, and knowing early doors what areas needed to be strengthened. For it to turn out like this, Mathie has got questions to answer.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

This is hilarious. Our squad last season was bottom 4 but we had the leagues best player and top scorer. We sold him and suddenly everyone expects us to still be pushing for the title. We have improved our squad but realistically we are still bottom 4.

What exactly have we improved squad wise from our best side last season?! 

Amazingly people expect better than a relegation battle. 

Tuesday night going to be some laugh with McAllister at CB if McGinty is injured and Musonda away with Zambia.

Can honestly see us losing this match.

My prediction of alas Hopkin with the Tuesday night game under the lights at Somerset in September turning toxic is becoming more and more likely by the day.

What a fucking mess we're in btw, how can you get it so badly wrong from finishing 2nd in the league and 5 points off top to 3 months later being utter dross with no win in your first 4 league games 

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

This is hilarious. Our squad last season was bottom 4 but we had the leagues best player and top scorer. We sold him and suddenly everyone expects us to still be pushing for the title. We have improved our squad but realistically we are still bottom 4.

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Bottom 4? 

i admire you’re optimism.  

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Tuesday night going to be some laugh with McAllister at CB if McGinty is injured and Musonda away with Zambia.

Can honestly see us losing this match.

My prediction of alas Hopkin with the Tuesday night game under the lights at Somerset in September turning toxic is becoming more and more likely by the day.

What a fucking mess we're in btw, how can you get it so badly wrong from finishing 2nd in the league and 5 points off top to 3 months later being utter dross with no win in your first 4 league games 

Back up there…

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Would you not be better bringing one of scally/Stewart in then? I just don’t see McCall doing anything within this current set up. He won’t be bringing in players so what is he doing just picking the team? I really think someone like Callum Davidson who would be looking to build something and be here long term 

Bullen says he has a say in signings. If that is true, McCall wouldn't put his name to half the shite we have signed. McCall is all about McCall and if he hasn't signed a player then we would know.