The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Seems like we have some defensive issues more than anything. Can’t keep conceding goals from set plays like that.

with McGinty in there we should be clearing most crosses etc. obviously the deficiencies at FB aren’t helping but Bullen needs to be fixing this in training.

we had plenty of chances to score, McGeady needs to do better, he could’ve had a couple.

I think at this point the full backs weaknesses aren’t anything other than poor recruitment. There comes a point where players just aren’t going to develop from their weaknesses and can’t be coached!

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think at this point the full backs weaknesses aren’t anything other than poor recruitment. There comes a point where players just aren’t going to develop from their weaknesses and can’t be coached!

I wasn’t suggesting he can fix the fullbacks in training. I meant fix the defence in general.

2 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I wasn’t suggesting he can fix the fullbacks in training. I meant fix the defence in general.

Yeah, but they are a pretty huge part of the defence - it’s hilariously incompetent they are both still starting games this season. 

54 minutes ago, AnonGuy7991 said:

You either die a hero or stick around long enough to become the villain

Bullen has been seen as the villain with ever increasing pace, even from well into last season, rightly or wrongly.

He was never going to leave as the hero.

His proposed replacement from some on here walked out on us before as soon as his true love came calling.

Edited by BukyOHare

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

If Ahui isn’t showing up as any better than McAllister in training then I don’t know what to say. In 5 minutes of highlights he was skinned about half a dozen times.

If he doesn’t play on Tuesday night then what’s the point in having him here? I know he had a horror show against Morton but does he also look hopeless in training and that’s why he’s no where near the starting eleven? 

I said that Bullen has the first quarter but everything is set up for us getting papped out another cup by Falkirk on Tuesday and then a shame game against Partick on the tele the following week. I don’t know how Bullen hangs in there without wanting to walk but there has to come a point where Mathie and Smith look at it and consider if they have a decision to make. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he doesn’t play on Tuesday night then what’s the point in having him here? I know he had a horror show against Morton but does he also look hopeless in training and that’s why he’s no where near the starting eleven? 

I said that Bullen has the first quarter but everything is set up for us getting papped out another cup by Falkirk on Tuesday and then a shame game against Partick on the tele the following week. I don’t know how Bullen hangs in there without wanting to walk but there has to come a point where Mathie and Smith look at it and consider if they have a decision to make. 

The only reason he won’t start on Tuesday is if Bullen feels he is now under a lot of pressure and Bullen feels he can’t even trust him to play in that type of game. That would also be an indictment of how poor he is though - if he doesn’t play we are as well seeing if we can terminate his loan early and get an actual first choice in. 

But yeah - that Partick side is absolutely full of goals. Full back, central midfielders, wide players, strikers - packed full of them. Compare that to us and…

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Agree on Ahui and if he's not up to it what about Watret. He played against Stirling Albion (same level as Falkirk) and was largely fine. He does need someone experienced to talk him through the game now and then.

On Bullen:

A win would alleviate the pressure but there is so much discontent on the terraces that if we were to concede against Falkirk it will get toxic quickly. It could be shades of that Raith game with Hopkin (I couldn't make that one either). 

Lose on Tuesday and on Friday and the slide becomes hard to stop and the jungle drums grow louder. 

Ultimately we haven't fixed our deficiencies. The team are making the same mistakes and setup for turgid football.

He said in the post match that he can't understand why the players resorted to playing it long. That's pretty damning to be honest. We are in the final chapter of Bullen's time at the club (of that I have know doubt).

Edited by Trogdor

26 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If Ahui isn’t showing up as any better than McAllister in training then I don’t know what to say. In 5 minutes of highlights he was skinned about half a dozen times.

Not to mention Paddy Reading abandoning his man at the opener. Criminal. 

20 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Having watched a few of the national league games recently i can see why some of them may need a period of adjustment. Whilst the standard isn't as good it's perhaps more entertaining and a completely different type of football. You still see players trying to beat 4 at a time and defenders trying to run the length of the pitch with the ball. 

Tuesday though is the game to see where he is up to now. There were a few comments from fans of his previous club to suggest he is half decent. It's whether or not he can take over the right back position or become another that sits on the bench 

47 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Bullen has been seen as the villain with ever increasing pace, even from well into last season, rightly or wrongly.

He was never going to leave as the hero.

His proposed replacement from some on here walked out on us before as soon as his true love came calling.

That last part plainly isn’t true btw. 

I’m against McCall coming back but it’s got nothing to do with how he left. 

29 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I had a look on wyscout recently since I haven't had a chance to see him yet.

He is a bull in a china shop with the ball (every run he was trying to do an aggressive version of Tierney v Carvajal) but rarely coming off and totally lost without it (every bit of defending was the ball going by him) from watching clips of his on wyscout from Drogheda.  

I almost wonder if he's in the wrong position.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I had a look on wyscout recently since I haven't had a chance to see him yet.

He is a bull in a china shop with the ball (every run he was trying to do an aggressive version of Tierney v Carvajal) but rarely coming off and totally lost without it (every bit of defending was the ball going by him) from watching clips of his on wyscout from Drogheda.  

I almost wonder if he's in the wrong position.  

I honestly can’t wait to see him play on Tuesday! 

What might his position be then though? It doesn’t exactly sound suited to anywhere. 

I do wonder what the f**k we signed him based on, but still.