The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’m well aware that a sizeable chunk of our supporters are wee bams who often embarrass the club, but unless the club had a tip off that Pablo Escobar was in the Somerset Road End I’m struggling to see any justification for patrolling the place with a sniffer dog.

When we played at Inverness in May there was a sniffer dog at the away turnstiles.  Nothing new.

Was interesting listening to McCall today on off the ball, he said he signed Lawless for Thistle despite knowing he didn't have pace, didn't header and had no left foot. He offered something else that could be of use to Thistle and knew that because he had previously been a fans favourite. the support would take to him. 

This is the difference on signing players based on scouting data alone. 

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

yeah your right read it wrong so maximum of 6 Domestic

We are going to end up with a ridiculously sized squad, but if an experienced central midfielder or good right back comes up we need to take the hit. 

Once AFCON starts we are one injury away from a backline that includes all of McAllister, Reading and Ahui. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

We are going to end up with a ridiculously sized squad, but if an experienced central midfielder or good right back comes up we need to take the hit. 

Once AFCON starts we are one injury away from a backline that includes all of McAllister, Reading and Ahui. 

according to Transfermarket Senga has played Centre back a couple of times for Reading Youth but even then still require a proper 4th choice Centreback on a short term loan till AFCON ends

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

Absolutely begging people to have a basic understanding of how The Ayr United Football And Athletic Club Limited is actually structured.

Long story short, no he isn't an employee.

I can see he's listed as a Managing Director on Companies House, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's also not got a contract of employment or service agreement.
Is the structure laid out somewhere?

11 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

according to Transfermarket Senga has played Centre back a couple of times for Reading Youth but even then still require a proper 4th choice Centreback on a short term loan till AFCON ends

I thought it started a little earlier than it does, so that can be rectified in January fine. 

You know it’s bad when you are worried McAllister gets injured, because of the back up option. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Conversation has moved on a bit I know (overnight in Ayr then long drive home north of Inverness before typing this!) but agree with posters who thought Rose was mince. Some of the defending was awful, but at times we were ok verging on the decent. Could have put the ball in the net with a bit more quality up front. But overall the warning bells about how things might pan out this season are getting louder...

11 minutes ago, Peil said:

I can see he's listed as a Managing Director on Companies House, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's also not got a contract of employment or service agreement.
Is the structure laid out somewhere?

He’s not a paying director like McIntyre et al. He was hired as Managing Director to take over the playing side of the club while Smith took a step back and concentrated on the business/infrastructure side as has been said in interviews. Graeme Mathie most certainly does not pay circa 25k a year to sit on Ayrs board.