The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Disappointed that the club never purchased the hotel and let fans live in it. The first ever football club commune.

Could you imagine our fans trying to live in peace and harmony with each other. They struggle for 90 minutes every other Saturday. Security would be class though. 

People imagining that this will breathe life into the top of the town when Ayr Central, the last great hope, still hasn't even managed to get someone to take over the Debenhams lease. And even Troon still only has a skeleton two and a half years after it was gutted.

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

People imagining that this will breathe life into the top of the town when Ayr Central, the last great hope, still hasn't even managed to get someone to take over the Debenhams lease. And even Troon still only has a skeleton two and a half years after it was gutted.

Because of contamination, it’ll need to sit for a while once the site is cleared like Troon station.

45 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I believe works have started at Troon, plan is to have it open in time for the Open next year. In fairness the council have moved pretty fast by their standards to fix it, including holding a consultation and a final design consultation. Although that is probably due to the potential embarrassment factor of hordes of tourist arriving for the golf seeing a burnt out shell.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Ayr central has went right downhill, since they changed H&M into the Jobcentre.

It’s telling that the people most up in arms about it are people from elsewhere in the country who had never heard of the station hotel before yesterday. Restoring the place was fantasy-land stuff.

As sad as it is that it got into the state it was in, you’ll be hard pushed trying to find someone local who isn’t glad it’s due to be demolished now.

48 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s telling that the people most up in arms about it are people from elsewhere in the country who had never heard of the station hotel before yesterday. Restoring the place was fantasy-land stuff.

As sad as it is that it got into the state it was in, you’ll be hard pushed trying to find someone local who isn’t glad it’s due to be demolished now.

It was a landmark of Ayr, though I do concede that it was falling to bits and was never going to get finished. 

I am trying to remember a time that it was still used as a hotel and I can’t. Says a lot doesn’t it? 

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It was a landmark of Ayr, though I do concede that it was falling to bits and was never going to get finished. 

I am trying to remember a time that it was still used as a hotel and I can’t. Says a lot doesn’t it? 

I can barely the remember the last time I was in it as an actual station. 2017 maybe? 

It closed in 2013 i'm pretty sure and it was a case of open one day and shut the next and i think in the last couple of years only half the building was open either due to costs or safety.

Will be a blow for away fans to Somerset as i'd imagine the closest station you'll get trains to is prestwick for the foreseeable, people thinking ayr train station will be back open next week are in cukoo land

16 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

It closed in 2013 i'm pretty sure and it was a case of open one day and shut the next and i think in the last couple of years only half the building was open either due to costs or safety.

Will be a blow for away fans to Somerset as i'd imagine the closest station you'll get trains to is prestwick for the foreseeable, people thinking ayr train station will be back open next week are in cukoo land

Don’t think Prestwick can be used until Ayr opens unless for diesel trains 

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I can recall a few of the younger Ayr players around 2002/3 getting into some bother wth a party they had in there

1 hour ago, Peil said:

I can recall a few of the younger Ayr players around 2002/3 getting into some bother wth a party they had in there

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/DEFEATED+FOOTBALL+STARS+ON+RAMPAGE.-a061358761

Funnily enough came across that when I was looking at our U18 team that had played in the 2002 Scottish Youth Cup Final. Think the one mentioned above is from the  2000 team.