The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I don't think it's too small, it was just designed wrong, the placement of the bar has caused all of their issues.  I asked about the single file queue and was told it was for health and safety reasons.  

Never have I ever heard that about a bar before :lol:

It’s too small when 300 folk try to get in it between 2pm and 3pm on and at 16:45 on a Saturday. 
The bar is too small to cope with the volume and without a queue it would be a case of survival of the fittest to get a pint. I think it holds just over 100 + the beer garden going by ticketed events. 

The usage probably doesn’t justify and expansion but an expansion may increase the usage. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I don't think it's too small, it was just designed wrong, the placement of the bar has caused all of their issues.  I asked about the single file queue and was told it was for health and safety reasons.  

Never have I ever heard that about a bar before :lol:

Half the problem with the queue is folk who get their order taken at the very end of the bar and don't move down, so it all concertinas behind them

Fair play to Bullen’s ‘man management’ with Ahui. He’s a young lad, and had a dreadful start at Cappielow, but Bullens built his confidence up since then and he’s now turned in a pretty decent performance at Dunfermline. That takes guts from Ahui and shows a good bit of character. And so a good time to be part of the press conference. (He disnae look comfy but don’t think I’d be great with a camera pointing at me either!). He’ll hopefully lay his debut ghosts to rest on Saturday and be a solid player. 

41 minutes ago, Highland Exile said:

Fair play to Bullen’s ‘man management’ with Ahui.

He dropped him like a hot brick and didn’t play him again until he literally had no other options nearly 4 months later. Ahui did well though. 

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Good one as usual from the BBC... no idea why none of then actually were on the TV

The Scottish women’s team were playing tonight 

7 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

2 games in the championship tonight with 10 goals over both games and neither on the TV...

Good one as usual from the BBC... no idea why none of then actually were on the TV

They don’t always choose a game on the week of European action. Dundee Utd game was moved recently and was the one Dick Campbell was greeting about 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He dropped him like a hot brick and didn’t play him again until he literally had no other options nearly 4 months later. Ahui did well though. 

To be fair it sounds like he had an absolute horror show at Morton and he's then been taken out the firing line.  I think Bullen does well in that press conference, even has to jump in early on-  but can't help but thinking it's literally the one time I'd rather have had Callum asking the "well lee / elicha"  very easy loaded questions.   Surely the first time you send the students in asking questions you stick McGinty in there who is totally at ease with whatever gets asked.  That was more awkward than it had to be .