The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

For January I’d be looking at sending Young and Senga back and bringing in another midfielder for cover or seeing what players are maybe going to be dumped if they aren’t playing enough. We need another striker and if this means letting one of Amartey or Rose go then I think that’s what might happen. Let Ahui go if we can find another right back and maybe get a centre half in for cover as Musonda will be away for the AFCON and there’s every chance he comes back injured. 

Getting Dowds tied up on a long term deal would be the priority for me though. 

That seems like more business than they usually do in January

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was the epitome of a big game player for us but went through months of that League 1 season where he didn’t do anything. Then when we went into the final run in he turned up again. 

Would take mcdaid back in a heartbeat, in fact, I'd take any of that league winning team, especially the farmer.

Imagine watching a team like that from the new stand? This is what we dream about 😊

52 minutes ago, Iain said:

That seems like more business than they usually do in January

Yeah, that's way too much IMO.  Especially getting rid of 2 centre mids to then bring in another, who may take 3/4 games to get up to speed and get used to the team.  Senga probably goes and keep Young.  Priority is most definitely a centre half.  A striker comes in if Bryden goes out on loan.  We have Dowds/Rose/McKenzie/Bryden/Amartey so it'll be 1 out before 1 is in.  Ahui possibly goes back if they have someone lined up to replace him.

I've just picked up my Hamburg derby ticket for tomorrow, bought a beer and pack of stickers while I am in and that cost me in total €16.  

Just to see Ayr never mind the rest would be €25!

PXL_20231130_152022621.jpg

Edited by itzdrk

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I've just picked up my Hamburg derby ticket for tomorrow, bought a beer and pack of stickers while I am in and that cost me in total €16.  

Does the Hamburg derby come with the experience of getting your arse sniffed by a dug in the pishing rain watching 22 players who have accidentally made a career out of football? That’s where my extra €12 goes.

44 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Just to see Ayr never mind the rest would be €25!PXL_20231130_152022621.jpg

Very jealous. 

Germany's football culture and respect / treatment of fans is light years ahead of ours. 

Hamburg derby instead of Bully's Band of Hard Running Heroes v The Dickless Smokies. Enjoy.

Edited by AuAl

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Not really a fair comparison but great that you can get to a sell out game so cheap, enjoy.

15 hours ago, AuAl said:

Very jealous. 

Germany's football culture and respect / treatment of fans is light years ahead of ours. 

Hamburg derby instead of Bully's Band of Hard Running Heroes v The Dickless Smokies. Enjoy.

I paid €150, which is ten times the asking price, to see Pep's Bayern absolutely horse Werder Bremen 5-0, and it was worth every penny. Of course you couldn't have that in Scotland because if you let Scottish people stand up in the seating area, or give them a beer during a specific two-hour window despite them having turned up pished anyway, or otherwise deigned not to treat them like an extremely unwelcome criminal element disrupting the harmony of a nice peaceful empty fooball ground, the world would collapse.

Fact there's been nothing this week about help required for covers I presume pitch isn't protected in anyway apart from maybe that strip at the stand. 

Unless they've got grounds team from ayr racecourse to borrow their covers as I believe that has happened in the past

Edited by Rb123

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Cue an upturn in temperature and posts from folk saying that it would be fine.

Better to call it off today, it’s always a pain in the tits when it’s called off a few hours before. 

I'm sure I mind a game at home to Caley being called off around 1:45/2pm once.

a few unhappy highlanders that day