The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Highlights somehow managed to make us look decent, McGeady the only one with any form of creativity funnily enough

I think McGeady could still provide something but if he’s starting I think he should be in a number 10 role with Chalmers and Murphy as your wingers

28 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I think McGeady could still provide something but if he’s starting I think he should be in a number 10 role with Chalmers and Murphy as your wingers

I would quite happily play that side in home games, such as this weekend - away games we probably need a bit more in the middle of the park. 

Bullen wont move away from his 4-4-2 though - it’ll be Bryden up front and our most creative players limited as they have too much defensive work to accommodate Bryden/second shite striker up front. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I would quite happily play that side in home games, such as this weekend - away games we probably need a bit more in the middle of the park. 

Bullen wont move away from his 4-4-2 though - it’ll be Bryden up front and our most creative players limited as they have too much defensive work to accommodate Bryden/second shite striker up front. 

Assume you forgot about Dowds unless there’s an injury I’m not aware of

43 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I see where you are coming from and on paper it could work but im not sure we have the squad to utilise a ageing number 10. I think the McGeady experiment has run its course. I’d be delighted to be proved wrong.

McGeady is done.  Not sure why some fans can’t accept that.  Maybe it’s just desperation talking.  It really was a truly mindless signing.  

I’m not really surprised that a midweek trip to Greenock was too much for Inverness, but it piles in the pressure for Saturday.  Anything other than a win and the board will have to act.

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Nah, Dowds starting was just a given - alongside the second striker. 

Usually go across to see my team in Fife but watched the game from a neutral perspective due to awful weather.

1) size of Dundee Utd as a club is impressive - 7000 fans in a dreadful day.

2) really surprised how slow and. Bad Dundee Utd are, scarily  Rovers might win the league .

3) Middleton a different class- humiliated the FB’s

4) Thought Dundee Utd Forwards really poor.

5) Re Ayr - wow - should have been 3 nil down at half time . Whist CB’s good both FB’s really bad.

Midfield , other than no 8, awful . That poor boy Syla was hopeless re pace, energy - embarrising how off the pace he was- hopefully boy was injured And can recover.

Dowds miles ahead of any of the other forwards- bizzare Bryden stayed on beyond him- he is young, can’t control the ball,never looks up and make the pass always late…... 

Ayr looks like they are in trouble - they will be in further trouble if they take off their best forward with 20 to go

6) Rovers will win the league and I will lock myself in a dark room for a year🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Usually go across to see my team in Fife but watched the game from a neutral perspective due to awful weather.

1) size of Dundee Utd as a club is impressive - 7000 fans in a dreadful day.

2) really surprised how slow and. Bad Dundee Utd are, scarily  Rovers might win the league .

3) Middleton a different class- humiliated the FB’s

4) Thought Dundee Utd Forwards really poor.

5) Re Ayr - wow - should have been 3 nil down at half time . Whist CB’s good both FB’s really bad.

Midfield , other than no 8, awful . That poor boy Syla was hopeless re pace, energy - embarrising how off the pace he was- hopefully boy was injured And can recover.

Dowds miles ahead of any of the other forwards- bizzare Bryden stayed on beyond him- he is young, can’t control the ball,never looks up and make the pass always late…... 

Ayr looks like they are in trouble - they will be in further trouble if they take off their best forward with 20 to go

6) Rovers will win the league and I will lock myself in a dark room for a year🤷‍♂️

I agree with that. Ayr could have been scudded on the day and I agree about the overall poor quality of the team. As for the bizarre Dowds substitution, words fail me. All in all a pretty scary marker for the rest of the season, we're definitely in trouble. To add insult to injury I also got a parking ticket near Tannadice! . Set the seal on a grim afternoon...

Edited by Highland Exile