The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Is Bullen a bit of a shitebag when it comes to going for the win at the end of a game. Seems like he's a bit apprehensive and is thinking more about just grabbing a point. Or maybe we just don't have the squad to do that. 

Fear for Tuesday, Morton have us sussed out and expect a proper 80's style bullying from them. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Bullen has clearly blanked out the Kilmarnock game.  And the 2nd half of the Falkirk game. And the 1st leg against Partick.

Wish I could do the same!

Got a bit of deja vu reading his comment, was sure I've heard that before from him. #RaceToTheBottom

I'm just home and I'm not happy at all. What the f**k were we doing in the first half?

Mutch can get in the sea, get Albinson back pronto.

You'll take 2-2 when you have given the opposition a 2 goal lead on 9 minutes. End of the game I had some sympathy for Bullen. He had nothing on the bench, I'm glad he didn't make a sub but we were holding on at the end. Grim.

I also believe I am the jinx. The last home win I witnessed in the league was 29th April versus Raith. 

51 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

Frankie Musonda has apparently made Zambia's 27 man AFCON squad who will apparently meet up on Monday. Hope he has negotiated a 48 hour grace period or we are stuffed at centre back on Tuesday. 

Is that right, i know the 30 man preliminary squad has already met up and he and their 'star' players Daka and Sakala hadnt joined up yet but were due to join, i thought they were joining that squad rather than the final one.  

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Is Bullen a bit of a shitebag when it comes to going for the win at the end of a game. Seems like he's a bit apprehensive and is thinking more about just grabbing a point. Or maybe we just don't have the squad to do that. 

Fear for Tuesday, Morton have us sussed out and expect a proper 80's style bullying from them. 

I don’t think we had anything to throw at it without comprising our entire shape. Could’ve chucked Rose on I suppose but who for? 

57 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Atmosphere was shite. Little bit of booing and any negativity towards manager/ players met with the usual defensive pish from the SRE. 

The Facebook page?

Tbh the prevalent attitude is one of apathy and boredom, mixed in with a crèche for the P7-S3 groups

26 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is that right, i know the 30 man preliminary squad has already met up and he and their 'star' players Daka and Sakala hadnt joined up yet but were due to join, i thought they were joining that squad rather than the final one.  

Looks legit.

https://www.facebook.com/100053215086541/posts/915175986932896/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think we had anything to throw at it without comprising our entire shape. Could’ve chucked Rose on I suppose but who for? 

Surely it’s just a discussion about set up. 

We went from pushing high up the park and causing Dunfermline issues, to sitting back in our shape and giving Dunfermline chances. 

It happens far too often to be a coincidence. This team is good at a high tempo, if it attempts to defend it is absolutely woeful. 

33 minutes ago, Peil said:

The Facebook page?

Tbh the prevalent attitude is one of apathy and boredom, mixed in with a crèche for the P7-S3 groups

The FB page is full of bangers but the crowd today weren't much better. Heard a few folk shouting at Bullen and getting the usual 'he's not on the pitch' reply.

And it seems some players are immune from any criticism. That first half today was as bad as you'll see. Better 2nd half but why can't we do that the whole game.

We made slow Joe look majestic at times, there's no excuse for that.

Apathy is starting to take me over. I was keen to go to Greenock on Tuesday but not sure I can face it after that. I'll maybe thaw a bit over the next two days but I'm struggling to be fucked.

Although we are better away from home. So there is that.

Anytime you think we've turned a corner you get body slammed back to earth. Thoroughly scunnered. 

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

If they’re taking applications for centre backs on Tuesday I’ll get my boots back on purely to put Muirhead, Crawford, Oakley, Power, Baird or Broadfoot directly into the Cooshed.

We should have a vote on which P&B regular to nominate.

22 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

so looked it up Young's loan expires January 1st we better be calling Wycombe and asking for an Extension (Senga's loan expires January 21st)

An update would be nice - I imagine we’ll found out when we see the teams on Tuesday. 

We were going to win that today until they announced the man of the match and the players realised there was only 5 plus stoppage Time left, at which point its like a switch was flicked and we sat back and hung on.  Its fucking bizarre. 

Edited by Hursty

If any game ever showed what McGinty brings us it was the first 5 today.   They didn't have a clue.  Ahui was in asking the CBs if he was meant to he marking the very wide open Jakubiak and got a vague wave as if to say "f**k knows". 

It's very under appreciated how much a steady head / organiser adds there.    Morton away gives me the fear 

1 hour ago, Scott-ish said:

The FB page is full of bangers but the crowd today weren't much better. Heard a few folk shouting at Bullen and getting the usual 'he's not on the pitch' reply.

Ah, let's just never sack a manager again then seeing as they are not on the pitch. It also is absolutely not part of their role to ensure that the players are organised and know what they are meant to be doing.

30 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

especially with no Musonda since he'll be at that Zambia Camp, means either a centre back pairing of Stanger/Senga or Stanger/McAllister 

Stanger looked way off the pace first half, he did look a bit better second half but he is going to be the only actual centre half available against Morton who have ripped us apart on two occasions already this season.