The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

just read VOR report there and he seems to be playing the “player trading” card. 

Smith should be playing the "manager trading" card. Right now.

I don't think Bullen has ever had a home game straight after a result like this, its always been an away game or a few weeks in between. 

We'll beat Inverness, or draw and we'll roll on to Arbroath, maybe a draw there then a narrow win in the cup. Pumped at home to Arbroath the week after and the whole cycle begins again.

We beat teams that let us play and lose to the ones that don't or are better than us. Two draws against Fifes finest that we tried so fucking hard to throw away, two teams who stuck to their game plan and it nearly cost them. 

Today we played a team that don't let us play, so we tried it anyway, for a full 95 minutes, with not a shot on or off target again. we didn't try and stretch Morton, or get them on the back foot at all. These are the games where you need the meat and potatoes guys like McKenzie playing and Amartey to defend from the front and try and stop Morton getting at us. McKenzie hasn't played for a month now after Bullen remembered he'd actually signed Amartey. 

Every week, you hope he's not going to f**k it up and he does, then does nothing to fix it. Or things are going well and he fucks it up. 

Just now, Shibuya said:

How have we allowed Greenock fucking Morton to body us for nine points already this season? That alone is a sacking offence. 

After every time, Morton fans post about Morton being "back" and they will now "kick on"

Currently 3 points ahead of our own shit show. 

28 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

An XI made up of random Ayr United P&Bers would have put up more of a fight.

For ten minutes, then be blowing out their arse and collapse on the field from exhaustion/stroke/heart attack

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don't think Bullen has ever had a home game straight after a result like this, its always been an away game or a few weeks in between. 

We'll beat Inverness, or draw and we'll roll on to Arbroath, maybe a draw there then a narrow win in the cup. Pumped at home to Arbroath the week after and the whole cycle begins again.

We beat teams that let us play and lose to the ones that don't or are better than us. Two draws against Fifes finest that we tried so fucking hard to throw away, two teams who stuck to their game plan and it nearly cost them. 

Today we played a team that don't let us play, so we tried it anyway, for a full 95 minutes, with not a shot on or off target again. we didn't try and stretch Morton, or get them on the back foot at all. These are the games where you need the meat and potatoes guys like McKenzie playing and Amartey to defend from the front and try and stop Morton getting at us. McKenzie hasn't played for a month now after Bullen remembered he'd actually signed Amartey. 

Every week, you hope he's not going to f**k it up and he does, then does nothing to fix it. Or things are going well and he fucks it up. 

A Bullen desperation move will quite possibly be McKenzie starting at the weekend… 

I think maybe in terms of Bullen Saturday will rely less on the result (unless it's an absolute horsing Morten style)and more about what type of performance the team put in, if it's another one like today, by what people are saying, then it will be quite obvious he's lost the dressing room and it will be out Mathie's/Smiths hand. But if they show a bit of spirit etc then I can see him hanging on.

47 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We’re not actually thinking about giving him the transfer window are we? We deserve every bit of misery coming to us if that’s the case

It would be such an Ayr thing to do to give him the window then sack him when it shuts.

Pretty unanimous verdict across all the social media forums R.E Bullen, which won't have gone unnoticed by Mathie/Smith. I do wonder if they will respond to it, given they do have form for that type of thing, perhaps a vote of confidence statement?...

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

What an absolute disgrace today was. How Smith and Mathie can think this is even remotely acceptable is beyond me.

My big concern is the apathy that's manifested at the games due to Bullen's ineptitude will be taken as fans being Ok with things.

Has Bullen ever come out and admitted when he has fucked up, or is the default just to chuck his players under the bus? They were awful today but they probably don't have a clue what they are supposed to be doing.

Edited by super_carson

The transfer window depends on how much money is available and how much of a say Bullen has in who we bring in. It's then up to him to get a tune out of them.

Played 18, so half the season. won 5. Drawn 4 and lost 9. conceded 35 goals (1.94 a game) and scored 24 (1.3 a game) we scored 4 twice this year, and conceded 6 in the two games. 18 games, 19 points. 

So the whole thing is fucked, there is clearly nothing working, we abandoned last seasons tactic of booting f**k out of it to be more attacking, we are now conceding 2 goals a game and scored less than Dipos total on his own. 

That is relegation form. pure and simple, we can hope Queens park and Inverness out-shite us or we can fix it now.. 

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

After every time, Morton fans post about Morton being "back" and they will now "kick on"

Currently 3 points ahead of our own shit show. 

Our first game was literally the first game of the season and we were bottom of the league in december and have now won 4 and drawn 2 of our last 6 games with 4 clean sheets in a row so please forgive me for pointing out that you're talking absolute pish. 

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

What an absolute disgrace today was. How Smith and Mathie can think this is even remotely acceptable is beyond me.

My big concern is the apathy that's manifested at the games due to Bullen's ineptitude will be taken as fans being Ok with things.

Has Bullen ever come out and admitted when he has fucked up, or is the default just to chuck his players under the bus? They were awful today but they probably don't have a clue what they are supposed to be doing.

I don’t think so. He seems to blame it all on the players and give himself a pat on the back for shouting at them at half time.

Just now, port-ton said:

Our first game was literally the first game of the season and we were bottom of the league in december and have now won 4 and drawn 2 of our last 6 games with 4 clean sheets in a row so please forgive me for pointing out that you're talking absolute pish. 

Screenshot2024-01-02225802.thumb.jpg.8aad36182d0ca660254eb2a1d64d914d.jpg

22 - 19 was 3 when I was at school you thick f**k. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Screenshot2024-01-02225802.thumb.jpg.8aad36182d0ca660254eb2a1d64d914d.jpg

22 - 19 was 3 when I was at school you thick f**k. 

At no point in my post did I mention the points difference. Maths clearly your strong point in school 'cause your reading is fucking mince. 

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

At no point in my post did I mention the points difference. Maths clearly your strong point in school 'cause your reading is fucking mince. 

I think you are the one with the reading problems, either that or a massive chip on your shoulder. 

You proved my point with your second reply but were too thick to notice.