The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Just made the mistake of venturing onto Facebook.

'Hopefully the Bullen haters are happy now' etc etc.

That sounds like quite a positive message to me. One lot happy, one lot hopeful. What's not to like?

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Just made the mistake of venturing onto Facebook.

'Hopefully the Bullen haters are happy now' etc etc.

Some people are so utterly moronic. In football, there comes a time when a managerial change is needed and that time is now. Voicing this opinion doesn't equate to being a 'Bullen hater' nor does it constitute 'abuse'. I'm sure there has been some abuse that was too far, however I agree that it was far more toxic at the end of Hopkin's reign. What I've seen recently was pure apathy and boredom.

As others have said, I would love to know exactly what depths we need to plumb in this division before these people realise that Bullen's time was up. 

Few giving big vibes they've put Vera Lynn on and saluted in the direction of the hub.  

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

For what it's worth I think Dodds is the most likely choice if they don't go with an interim. Not exactly inspiring, but at the same time it's not John Hughes and thus immediate guarateed relegation.

Only because of modern society though! 

On the abuse front, I did think at the time when Bullen started responding to fans on FB that it was all going to end in tears. By no means am I saying it is right that he's had abuse directed at him via his socials, but fairly large sections of our fans aren't exactly known for being a rationale bunch at the best of times. It is the same story repeated a thousand times for players and managers on these platforms. 

Leaving aside personal abuse, there does seem to be a persistent narrative that Ayr fans are somehow exceptionally critical when things aren’t going well.  It’s patent nonsense. John Hughes won a cup for Inverness and seems to be largely held in derision by their fans.  Calum Davidson won 2 cups in a season and still got dug’s abuse from their fans when it stopped working.  And let’s not forget the Celtic fans having a full on riot outside Celtic park after winning 9 in a row…

As the club that’s been out of the top flight the longest, perhaps there is a particular defeatism about our support.  Or maybe we just know failure when we see it.  I can’t help thinking the vision night raised expectations unrealistically about where we were going in the near term.  That wasn’t the intention and Mathie was clearly talking very long term that night, but inevitably some people will have thought promotion to the premier league was something that might happen more imminently.  Now we’re tailspinning back to league 1 and it all just looks like a nonsense.

I certainly can’t think of another club that’s been so badly served by managerial appointments since relegation from the premier league.  Too often we’ve taken the cheap/rookie option.  Ian McCall was the first time since Ally in the mid 80s who had bags of experience and a proven track record of delivering at the level we’re at, and is the first manager since the 70s to be actively poached away from us due to being an actual success - speaks volumes really.

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The mention of abuse is corporate spin designed to deflect some of the attention away from the recent managerial record.   

As much as they are right and I agree with the point, it’s clearly been inserted at the end to garner some sort of sympathy and to discourage any future negative comments towards the regime.

It’s not some anonymous source that’s been sending bullets through the letterbox. At its worst, it’s folk on social media, with names and pictures on show, who they could quite easily dish out a ban to if it went too far.

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just buy McCall out his contract.

I'm sure it'll only be a few buttons anyway.

I’d be surprised if he actually had a contract to buy out. 

A big question why did he change the way we played all because McGinty was suspended for a couple of games,if the players were used to playing in front of them instead of passing game although maybe better to watch but the way we played it to slow them the change of goal keeper didn't help either.

Who ever comes in that need to get that sorted out first.

11 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

As much as they are right and I agree with the point, it’s clearly been inserted at the end to garner some sort of sympathy and to discourage any future negative comments towards the regime.

It’s not some anonymous source that’s been sending bullets through the letterbox. At its worst, it’s folk on social media, with names and pictures on show, who they could quite easily dish out a ban to if it went too far.

The headline on the sun website is around someone at a club being bullied rather than someone making an arse of it and getting grief  

Bullen ran out of runway , the one win in 11 does for any manager . The man was one missed penalty away from Hampden and a good window at Christmas away from a right crack at the title . That was all last season, so thanks for that Lee . This season , sitting 9th in January was too far in the wrong direction . Back to your family in England and take a good break .

For some of the turnips on here , some I’d guess are young some not so , time to have a look in the mirror at your own performance over the last 12 months or so . 

A new guy will be here soon , some will be pleased with him some won’t . Hopefully the “won’ts” will give him a break and back the guy all the way until he either leaves for a better job or the one in eleven returns.

We’re in a dog fight for our championship survival , time to bury the hatchet, stop the Bullen , Mathie , Smith narrative and back the team , coach , MD and owner all the way to May . Never out the fight !

Just now, AyrExile said:

The headline on the sun website is around someone at a club being bullied rather than someone making an arse of it and getting grief  

Thought that was just that rag doing its best to blow the statement out of proportion. Doubt there’s anyone at The S*n with any inside knowledge.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

I really dislike the rhetoric from some of the dafties in our support.

"What to supporters expect?"

"We're not a big club"

"Expectations from some are ridiculous"

"Some folk seem to forget where we were"

The idea that because we are a small club that has had darker days than this, we should just accept runs of 1 win in 11? From our last 45 home league games we've won 14.

We've been awful to watch for a lot longer than just this season - but not to worry, that's just the way it is. Gees a break.

The next appointment simply has to get things going.

#weeayrunited

As I said before the lack of ambition from some within the support is baffling.