The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Scott-ish said:

Just like to point out Bowyer allowed his Dundee team to lose against us. At Somerset.

To be fair it was earlier on in the season, and we were playing fantastic football…He steadied the ship and won the league…Think we lost 3 times to them? Would be a great appointment for us.

3 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Just like to point out Bowyer allowed his Dundee team to lose against us. At Somerset.

In probably our best performance that season. We absolutely ran over the top of them in the last half hour. 

3 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

True, but they also beat us after going down to 10 men after 20 minutes.  David Bangala’s finest hour…

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I'm more than certain him and the board weren't aligned with how they were going to be doing business in the summer and that's how it came about him leaving Dundee.

The inside story of Gary Bowyer's Dundee exit as tensions laid bare before the hand-delivered note which sealed his fate | The Scottish Sun

I suppose though that the expectations for a team in the prem would be higher than championship so maybe he would be happy to come in till at least the summer. 

Just now, Tommy_ayr said:

To be fair it was earlier on in the season, and we were playing fantastic football…He steadied the ship and won the league…Think we lost 3 times to them? Would be a great appointment for us.

I'd 100% be happy with him. Can't see it happening but would definately be a good move.

2 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

To be fair it was earlier on in the season, and we were playing fantastic football…

Two Akinyemi beauties that night following an absolute horror show early away goal. I don't remember a lot of fantastic football being played. On the other hand, I was quite drunk in a German hotel room at the time.

Edited by Thumper

On the club communication stuff - last time we appointed a new manager Mathie was excellent throughout the process in terms of setting out what they were looking for, the process and when they wanted to achieve it by etc. 

I would be disappointed if he didn’t do the same thing again, as it would just be symptomatic of the general decline in relations. 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

On the club communication stuff - last time we appointed a new manager Mathie was excellent throughout the process in terms of setting out what they were looking for, the process and when they wanted to achieve it by etc. 

I would be disappointed if he didn’t do the same thing again, as it would just be symptomatic of the general decline in relations. 

Whatever happened to the new board member that club wanted last March with significant experience in communications, production, media and marketing? Maybe hoping nobody remembers or they had a look at the current set up and ran away.

32 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Where is mathie henis very quiet 

Not commented in a while, but here's my 2 pence worth, Bullen seems a very nice guy but nice guys mostly come last. I hope he enjoys more time with his family now, looking backthis has been coming since the Fir Park Disaster in the playoffs, Bullen was given a tactical lesson by rookie manager and probably should have left with the goodwill of the fans after that, but we are where we are now, who do I want Tam Courts maybe, Garry Bowyer to end of the season is a shout but the thing the new manger must have is a decent back room staff, Davie White has been a brilliant servant to the club but he's the Academy Manager he's not an assistant maybe if Bullen had not been so stubborn and admitted he needed help and brought in an experienced number 2 we would not be in this situation.

Edited by Superhursy7

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

White in charge interim, Chalmers staying and Young away.  No mention of Senga, would rather Young stayed, but them the breaks.

Reading probably forgot to recall Senga.
Situation there is a bomb scare, looks like the owners just walked away and left wages unpaid