The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Scott Brown as manger would certainly raise the profile of the club and you would think it would attract a higher standard of player when you can sell playing under the former Scotland captain but would those players be best for the club or would it be the auld pals act.

I'm sure you'll agree that when in his playing days for celtic he came across as an absolute knob that you wanted to punch in the face.

However I heard an interview of his while he was at Fleetwood and he actually came across really well which i was surprised about. Not sure if he's just screwed his head on all of a sudden cause he's retired or if what he did in his playing days was just for the cameras. 

21 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

But in any case. Why would a good established manager come to Ayr? We’re not a prospect to anybody and haven’t been for years. I fear we’re always stuck with wildcards and folk in their fist job. 

Part of the process will involve Mathie and Smith selling the opportunity to their preferred candidate. If they're waiting for someone who's always dreamed of managing Ayr United they'll be waiting for a long time.

If someone could clarify what the identity of the ‘project’ is I’d like to know. What strategy are we going for to actually prepare ourselves for a future title push? What are we actually selling to the candidates in these interviews?

I feel far too much of the hope and good outlook for the future from Smith’s construction side gets tangled up with this so called ‘project’.

On McCall,

a) have we forgiven his walkout

b) has he forgiven some of the venom from our support during same

c) Mark Kerr might have to come too

Separately, think it’s a joke if the club didn’t have a solid candidate in mind and interested before pulling the trigger, seems like we could very much end up with someone worse.

Also, what has Tam Courts done that he’s too good for Ayr?

Troy Deeney anyone?

Could be a breath of fresh air and not scared to tell his team they would t get a game in the national League which would seem appropriate for our band of non-league jobbers.

Edited by Hazbart

7 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

They're going to make an arse of this appointment aren't they? 

If it’s true and Courts and Bowyer have turned us down then we may have to conclude that like the other nine teams in the league we are going to have to probably appoint either a rookie or a recent failure, simple as that . People on here will be unhappy . Nothing new there . 

While McCall is very tempting let’s not forget his two best seasons with us were probably championed by the signing of LS . Who remarkably nobody on here has claimed was a fluke signing in the same way Dipo was . 

Thistle gambled on a rookie in Doolan , Rover took a chance on a guy in Murray that failed to get Airdrie up via the play offs . Both proved good choices . It’s pretty much in the lap of the Gods . 

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

Troy Deeney anyone?

Could be a breath of fresh air and not scared to tell his team they would t get a game in the national League which would seem appropriate for our band of non-league jobbers.

An arrogant arsehole, who was so out of his depth as a manager that he was punted after a month.