The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

He was a massive Rangers fan and then signed for Celtic. His standards can't be that high 

To be fair to the guy, someone who would compromise their own career based on a childish football rivalry would definitely be the wrong person, so he passes that test.

Courts would be my first choice. The only one in that list with enough experience you could class as being a manager. He has also had to fight his way up and rely on his efforts getting him places. His last position didn't work but that will have  brought him some learnings and experience in a totally different environment. 

Not against Brown but his managerial career has been fairly short and arguably it's his high profile on the pitch that has taken him places. Would certainly bring some steel to the team and have some useful contacts. Right not though with our our need to get this right and my reservations around Mathies approach would go with the prior experience. 

Gray would be another Bullen although better contacts in the Scottish game 

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

To be fair to the guy, someone who would compromise their own career based on a childish football rivalry would definitely be the wrong person, so he passes that test.

Tbf he compromised his own career by staying in Scotland. Should have went down south early doors and who knows what would have happened 

I'm feeling excited but also got a real sense of trepidation. One thing is for sure, the new boss is only going to have about a week of the January transfer window left. We will need to strengthen.

If we continue with the squad as is (even if the new guy can improve our existing players) we are an injury or two away from being in a tricky situation.

I still fear the second half of the season will be a slog. Admittedly, I'm maybe being a bit glass half empty.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

I'm struggling to understand why anyone who supports the Kilmarnock Veterans Rehabilitation Program would have come out with this tbh.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Will be some laugh when it's someone that no-one has thought of. Some guy from down south that took Poshtown Spa FC to a historic promotion to the 7th tier.

Have you by any chance had a gander at the (very very short) history of Fleetwood Town?

Edited by Thumper

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm feeling excited but also got a real sense of trepidation. One thing is for sure, the new boss is only going to have about a week of the January transfer window left. We will need to strengthen.

If we continue with the squad as is (even if the new guy can improve our existing players) we are an injury or two away from being in a tricky situation.

I still fear the second half of the season will be a slog. Admittedly, I'm maybe being a bit glass half empty.

I think we already are in a tricky situation personnel wise tbh! 

I’m assuming Senga has now left, so if White plays the same team we have no replacement centre backs, left backs or central midfielders. 

Given we still have no idea about the injury to McGeady or Amartey not being in the squad we don’t have any back up in the wide areas either - unless you count a 17 year old or McKenzie playing out of position. 

I don’t think there’s any option other than the rest of the reason being a slog, unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A thoroughly disappointing appointment if true.

Though did we expect anything more?

Meh, I'll give him a chance just like everyone else. Even gave Hopkin and Duffy one when they first came in. Expect it'll be a bit of a circus the first few weeks anyway.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A thoroughly disappointing appointment if true.

Though did we expect anything more?

Who? Brown? 

I think it’s a gamble but I don’t think I’d file it under disappointing. I’d rather have him than a complete rookie like Gray or Mulgrew or a proven idiot like Hughes or Dodds.