The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:

The club need a professional to run the media side. I’ve said it for years, but it really does make us look like amateurs. 

Even just hiring someone for a week to show them what buttons to press would do. 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

I’m just glad it’s not Callum, he makes me cring me almost as much as boab does

I know what you mean.

It can sometimes seem petty, but they are "touch points" with the public, and it does matter.

Last week it was like radio silence from the club. Today they have been on top of social media  with posts every few hours. You really notice the difference.

another win on Saturday you will see a lift in the support and the club overall. I’m desperate to go cheer the team on Saturday 

She asked good questions, just needs to work on how she puts them across. I’m sure it was McCall who eventually managed to get Somerset Boab out the door, albeit he wasn’t the stadium announcer, he was supposedly wanting access all areas. So there’s hope Brown can help us to look more professional!

Just now, Trogdor said:

Let's get along to Hampden in numbers on Saturday. It's a new beginning and another opportunity to move up the table. Let's go!

If we get along in numbers let’s hope we don’t crumble like we did under bullen for every big match 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Because even though he finished second everything about his team that was predictive pointed to eventual failure.

What is success for Ayr United though? If 2nd isn’t good enough to retain any goodwill then is it simply promotion or bust?

If Scott Brown plays a better style of football, comes across as charismatic in interviews, has better contacts, tactics and subs than Bullen but finishes lower down the table, is that still preferable?

Edited by Cardle is Magic

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

What is success for Ayr United though? If 2nd isn’t good enough to retain any goodwill then is it simply promotion or bust?

If Scott Brown plays a better style of football, comes across as charismatic in interviews, has better contacts, tactics and subs than Bullen but finishes lower down the table, is that still preferable?

Yes

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Man you are slow your brain dead pal beat you to that exact joke 5 hours ago

Why would I want to wade throu 5 hours of shite just to check for a similar post ?

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Should listen to the Terrace Podcast that was released earlier today with Ayr supporter Ally Gemmell talking to Craig Fowler. I agree with his fine margin analogy. Had it not been for a last minute injury time winner on the last day of the season, we would've finished 5th. The playoffs were a disaster against Thistle.
Messed up our best chance at going to Hampden in 20 years or so in the Scottish Cup by not being able to beat Falkirk despite going up, and changing our penalty taker to Chris Maguire who had only just walked in the door.
He was in the middle of a horrendous run of games without wins, something needed freshened up.
Everyones saying he is a nice guy, thats fine, but I dont think the board had an option.

Lets see what happens

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You didn't have to endure some of the most tedius football I've ever seen for the last year. League position is not the only measure of success.

Lee Bullen got goodwill - 1 league win in 11 league games shows that. It's nonsense to suggest otherwise.

In your hypothetical, I'd take a lower placed finish for the sake of enjoying my Saturday afternoons again. It was utterly grim as a punter under Bullen.