The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

I seem to recall wanting that third kit burned as the only time I recall it being worn was away to Queens Park last season, we played gubbins and lost 2-0 in the televised Friday night game.

Remember it well.

That and the Falkirk debacle shattered the Bullen illusion for me

27 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

An absolute lack of class from the least classy club on the planet. Bottom of the barrel club. Always have been.

I'm certain Lorenzo Amaruso tried the stand on ball thing against Ayr in one game aswell, except he fell on his arse, like the useless arrogant dirty grog spitting girl haired b*****d he is 🤔

You look at the 7-0 scoreline now, after Dalziel has came out as a blue-nosed tosspot and wonder if that would have been a much different score, if we were under a manager who wasn't an in the closet R*ngers fan.

I can also bet that, back then, putting bets on or against your own team wouldn't have been as big of a crime as what it is seen as nowadays. Giving Dalziel a penny or two. p***k.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm certain Lorenzo Amaruso tried the stand on ball thing against Ayr in one game aswell, except he fell on his arse, like the useless arrogant dirty grog spitting girl haired b*****d he is 🤔

You look at the 7-0 scoreline now, after Dalziel has came out as a blue-nosed tosspot and wonder if that would have been a much different score, if we were under a manager who wasn't an in the closet R*ngers fan.

I can also bet that, back then, putting bets on or against your own team wouldn't have been as big of a crime as what it is seen as nowadays. Giving Dalziel a penny or two. p***k.

Just remember the players the **** had . It's like if they were to play real madrid .they'd get horsed aswell .kanchelskis was a top player ,klos ,the de boers, Barry ferguson,Rod Wallace. We had no chance. 

Main thing is we never cheated .

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Just remember the players the **** had . It's like if they were to play real madrid .they'd get horsed aswell .kanchelskis was a top player ,klos ,the de boers, Barry ferguson,Rod Wallace. We had no chance. 

Did they not pay £12mil for Tore Andre Flo that year as well

As much as sporting integrity doesn't win you trophies, we should be awarded that cup since we didn't cheat

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

He was absolutely hopeless but I’ve got a lot of time for Markus. Took to and integrated himself in the club really well and I really wanted him to succeed. Seems to be doing well with his podcast covering the Bundesliga. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He was absolutely hopeless but I’ve got a lot of time for Markus. Took to and integrated himself in the club really well and I really wanted him to succeed. Seems to be doing well with his podcast covering the Bundesliga. 

I liked him, really nice guy. Shit player though.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Best part of the CIS cup final day was Ally McLeod walking to his seat and every Ayr fan applauding him and showing how beloved he was, Dalziel was not in the same planet as a manger or man.

I was at a game with my Papa when I was about 10 or 11. During the game my Papa pointed out an old guy and said "see that man over there? Go and say hello to him and shake his hand". I went over and spoke to him and shook his hand, and he was smiling and chatted away to me for a few minutes.

When I went back, my Papa told me "that man you were speaking to is Ally McLeod, the greatest manager Ayr United have ever had".

That's my one and only first-hand story about Ally McLeod. His tenures were before my time, but I have read and heard so much about his time with Ayr United, his teams, his players, games etc. Me and my Papa used to spend our Saturday evenings after matches talking about all things Ayr United.

I am vaguely jealous of those who got to watch Ayr United in those eras. It must have been tremendous. 

38 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Yeah great team but as you said, cheats. Wonder how many of that squad were ebt’ers. When they died it was so sweet and ironic that it was because of hmrc. “God save the queen but can we just have a wee look in your purse?”

43 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Sadly you can add Seb fuckin Rozental and Dodds to the list of scorers that day. There was a lot of talent in that Rangers team but they were a right pair of fat b*****ds.

Not that I seen their goals. Papped out for goading **** long before the end.

Edited by Scott-ish

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am vaguely jealous of those who got to watch Ayr United in those eras. It must have been tremendous. 

It was tremendous! As a part time team in the top division we were afraid of no-one. It's difficult to imagine anyone from your time watching Ayr being capable of breaking in to Ally's team of around 1969.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Best part of the CIS cup final day was Ally McLeod walking to his seat and every Ayr fan applauding him and showing how beloved he was, Dalziel was not in the same planet as a manger or man.

He was a couple of rows behind me with his wife. Broke your heart to see him looking a bit lost.