The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I wonder if he'll start Rose up front.  He's obviously been studying games and Dowds has done absolutely f**k all since the Raith game while Rose has been getting better of late.  

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I wonder if he'll start Rose up front.  He's obviously been studying games and Dowds has done absolutely f**k all since the Raith game while Rose has been getting better of late.  

A decent cameo against Kelty, after an abysmal outing against Arbroath isn’t nearly enough to start IMO but hopefully he continues to show something off of the bench. 

We also know he can’t play up front himself, as much as Dowds has been off it he still holds it up at times. Chalmers early chance against Arbroath for example. 

I’d be more tempted to play a three of Rose - Murphy - Chalmers in behind Dowds. I don’t really rate Amartey tbh. He’s quick and direct but I think he’s a classic case of players getting better the longer they’re out the team. Rose isn’t a striker though but I think he might be better suited out wide. If we’re playing Chalmers on the right and Murphy as a ten then I’d make a left winger a priority. 

From where I stand, Dowds is playing well enough just now - gets on the end of passes forward and muscles away any defender, just needs a goal (even a tap in) to be back to where he was a few weeks ago (undroppable)

Rose is frustrating because there's a player in there somewhere but I just don't think we've worked what type of player he should be yet. He was signed as a striker but that's not worked out so far. Maybe a somewhat free role behind Dowds? 

Rose is cack. He plays like the ball is trying to skin him. He never seems fully in control of his limbs, kinda like a guy at a game of 5s. I’d be happy with dowds playing alone with Murphy and chalmers cutting in to make it a 3. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be more tempted to play a three of Rose - Murphy - Chalmers in behind Dowds. I don’t really rate Amartey tbh. He’s quick and direct but I think he’s a classic case of players getting better the longer they’re out the team. Rose isn’t a striker though but I think he might be better suited out wide. If we’re playing Chalmers on the right and Murphy as a ten then I’d make a left winger a priority. 

I really struggle to see how you can get to a place where you don’t rate Amartey but want Rose to start in his place tbh… 

15 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Rose is frustrating because there's a player in there somewhere but I just don't think we've worked what type of player he should be yet. He was signed as a striker but that's not worked out so far. Maybe a somewhat free role behind Dowds? 

Rose is another Ashford type. Drop him down a division and he'd probably make an impact. Might get away playing against the bottom teams in the championship but will need to step up to cut it at this level

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Rose is another Ashford type. Drop him down a division and he'd probably make an impact. Might get away playing against the bottom teams in the championship but will need to step up to cut it at this level

Said the same after midweek- his performances v Arbroath twice and Kelty suggested he'd defo be worth keeping if we did end up in L1 next season haha