The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Good read and very encouraging.  On the Hub since it was mentioned, Saturday was a shambles in terms of service (not the actual people serving who were under massive pressure).  Thankfully I was driving and not drinking, but it took my brother 25 minutes standing in the queue to get served.  Usually the outdoor bar is open to take the load off, but only 3 people working and usually one was out rushing trying to get glasses back.  One thing I do make sure to do when I am drinking there is to take pint glasses back up, must be a hassle for the staff.

Anyone recommend somewhere to go for pints before the game on Saturday? Don't fancy getting the subway just before kick off as it will be full of currant buns but struggling to think of somewhere decent within walking distance to the stadium 

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Willie Collum ref on Saturday to add to the circus for the game...

First one for them since the OF game where they wanted him banned from reffing them. 

Willie Collum AND Scott Brown. There’s going to be some “heads gone” from The Rangers fans before kickoff. Pleasing.

13 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Anyone recommend somewhere to go for pints before the game on Saturday? Don't fancy getting the subway just before kick off as it will be full of currant buns but struggling to think of somewhere decent within walking distance to the stadium 

Unfortunately no. There is literally nothing decent, pub or otherwise, in the vicinity of Ibrox. I would drink in town and taxi it. 

I’ve not been in yet but @Ayr23 has posted previously about The Rose Reilly on the southside being an unofficial Glasgow Ayr Utd pub. Number 38 bus from Union street will get you to walking distance from it.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

Have my son's uncle, Roxanne's brother, telling my boy that he SHOULD be supporting Rangers. Despite the fact we live 30 miles away from Ibrox 🙄 They've won 55 titles and yada yada yada, Usual Gloryseeking 'Look at me' pish.

My boy isn't easily led, he follows Ayr with his Dad. We live 6 miles from Somerset and my son says he's met too many nice people there (at Somerset) to just up and travel to Glasgow (Ibrox) under delusion of Glory (He's eight and clued up) 'It's not about winning dad, it's about meeting nice people who want to support they're local team, like me!'

I don't want to tell him we live closer to rugby park 🤐

Just one of the many reasons I hate Sevco.

Edited by Roxanne's man

31 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Not sure what these places will be like before a match as they all could be rammed. Reckon the old toll bar on prw might be a good option. Slightly more expensive for a pint and sell a range of ales so might not be top of the list for football fans. 

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

This feels like my companies annual statement. 
Start of the year,- we are the tits, money coming out our pores, absolutely crushing it. 

Annual pay Review time- capital investments, poor market, downturns. 

I’m sure we will hear Mathie and Smith in the summer telling us about fine margins and heavy expenditures when it comes to incoming transfers. It’s always the way. 

34 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Have my son's uncle, Roxanne's brother, telling my boy that he SHOULD be supporting Rangers. Despite the fact we live 30 miles away from Ibrox 🙄 They've won 55 titles and yada yada yada, Usual Gloryseeking 'Look at me' pish.

My boy isn't easily led, he follows Ayr with his Dad. We live 6 miles from Somerset and my son says he's met too many nice people there (at Somerset) to just up and travel to Glasgow (Ibrox) under delusion of Glory (He's eight and clued up) 'It's not about winning dad, it's about meeting nice people who want to support they're local team, like me!'

I don't want to tell him we live closer to rugby park 🤐

Just one of the many reasons I hate Sevco.

At least you’re 30 miles away. Imagine having them camped a couple of miles from Somerset Park.

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This feels like my companies annual statement. 
Start of the year,- we are the tits, money coming out our pores, absolutely crushing it. 

Annual pay Review time- capital investments, poor market, downturns. 

I’m sure we will hear Mathie and Smith in the summer telling us about fine margins and heavy expenditures when it comes to incoming transfers. It’s always the way. 

Turnover doesn't equal profit though

Can't believe the statements didn't mention how Lee Bullen and his legacy were responsible for it all

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Good read and very encouraging.  On the Hub since it was mentioned, Saturday was a shambles in terms of service (not the actual people serving who were under massive pressure).  Thankfully I was driving and not drinking, but it took my brother 25 minutes standing in the queue to get served.  Usually the outdoor bar is open to take the load off, but only 3 people working and usually one was out rushing trying to get glasses back.  One thing I do make sure to do when I am drinking there is to take pint glasses back up, must be a hassle for the staff.

Surely this is just good pub etiquette? Can’t stand seeing folk in the boozer with a table full of empties and some poor c**t has to start clearing them. 

21 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Turnover doesn't equal profit though

Just under £20,000 profit. That's a remarkable turn around from being  -£1.4 million a few years ago. Doesn't include the sale of Dippo either.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely this is just good pub etiquette? Can’t stand seeing folk in the boozer with a table full of empties and some poor c**t has to start clearing them. 

People who do that, or leave their rubbish sitting at places like McDonalds are absolute feral scum who need put down.

44 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

At least you’re 30 miles away. Imagine having them camped a couple of miles from Somerset Park.

Thirty miles away, I am thankful for.

However, I've came to the conclusion that in Scotland, you are never more than 400 meters away from an old firm glory seeker, at any time.