The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

We have some lovely hands and lovely feet maybe we should get the players to set up an only fans page and all proceeds go to the player fund 😂

Give your support to our lads.

#weareunited

2 hours ago, Peil said:

Any update on Mutch's shoulder and what we need to do to get cover sorted?

If it’s a dislocation, he’ll be out for the season. 
mum not sure what age the keeper coach is but it might be an option to have him on the bench for emergencies and bring in an emergency loan if Albinson gets injured

12 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Surely you would not want to drop a player who has just scored a hat trick when we are playing a team at the top of the league ? If he was suspended against a Partick  would you still drop him in the previous game ? 

Really pleased that’ fans are begging to appreciate Dowds- certainly your manger seems to from his interview- and he knows what he is talking about.

We loved him at EF. When he started he  got a hostile reception .  But we quickly noticed 3 things - his work rate- being a small club his  positive presence around the club- but more importantly his game intelligence and smart runs and his ability to not only lead the line but score- when we had Agnew fit - he always spotted Big Tonks runs- and we scored or assisted - Not so long ago we beat Hearts, Dundee Utd, Morton, , Partick with Agnew , Watson, Dunsmuir, Long, Meggatt , Smith and Dowds etc 

Had a surprisingly and unexpected poor progress since he left us- had an unorthodox entry into the game - always wondered  had that had an impact …..being way more intelligent than most in the dressing room.

Anyway wish him well and can’t wait till he returns home to play under his eternal God Fathers(  who saved his career at Arbroath) Dick and Ian and he returns to his first love ,  his first professional  club East Fife.

ok- let us dream ……

Wonder what kind of team we'll put out v Hibs reserves tomorrow. Bet365 offering a cracking price for us to win. Surely worth a punt considering we've played quite a few first teamers in reserve games this season, and from what I've seen Hibs have predominantly been playing kids 

Edited by Thereisalight..

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wonder what kind of team we'll put out v Hibs reserves tomorrow. Bet365 offering a cracking price for us to win. Surely worth a punt considering we've played quite a few first teamers in reserve games this season, and from what I've seen Hibs have predominantly been playing kids 

In our last match the oldest player was 19. 

28 minutes ago, RedEd said:

In our last match the oldest player was 19. 

Amartey, Smith, McHugh, possibly Willoughby, Guthrie, possibly McGeady you would think. Not sure if Ecrepont and Watret are able to play as now out on loan. 

15 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

He's 45 

Don’t know if we can recall Ecrepont during the current window but he’s getting game time at East Stirling so I think they would prefer he stayed there. We do have another, older keeper who can sit on the bench on match days I’m sure. 

15 hours ago, AUcal said:

Your mum itk?

I didn’t proof read my post but I did manage to spell I’m wrong to a degree that spell check changed it….thats a concern

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Amartey, Smith, McHugh, possibly Willoughby, Guthrie, possibly McGeady you would think. Not sure if Ecrepont and Watret are able to play as now out on loan. 

I believe loan players can play for reserves as Holding, Viviani and Jenkins all have but I think it might depends on what the loanee club say could be wrong thou 

6 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I believe loan players can play for reserves as Holding, Viviani and Jenkins all have but I think it might depends on what the loanee club say could be wrong thou 

Depends on the type of loan.  Id imagine that given we are full time and the clubs our players are on loan to are part time they will all be on development loans meaning they can train with us and it allows them to play for our reserves.  

7 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Holding has, but is playing in WOSFL, as opposed to say Carter Jenkins and Viviani (when he was at Gretna he didn't play reserve).  With Gretna and East Stirling playing at a higher level and a more important league, I don't see East Stirling and Gretna wanting their players who are in and around the first team playing reserve football for us and I would say rightly so.  I remember Ryan McGowan stupidly played a reserve game for Hearts away to Motherwell on a Tuesday afternoon before playing a league game for us the same night, was terrible as well.

34 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

All loan  players are available for todays game although 2 of them are not in squad