The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Brown shouting instructions to Amartey is a good thing. He obviously thinks there is a player in there or he wouldn't bother.

It kind of reminds me of Mourinho wishing he had a controller for Luke Shaw.

There 100% is a ‘player’ in there but broonie is no mug and will not accept shit. Hiya McGeady. Amartey either toes the line and performs or does not get a sniff. It’ll be a shame for us and Amartey if he doesn’t do what’s needed.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cadden was the only "regular" who's coming back from long term injury. The boy Whittaker has played a few times this season, and the lad Rudi something I can't spell 😂

Whittaker only turned 16 at the start of the season as well, so something for our younger boys to aim towards!

Molitknov? Or something along those lines - sure he’s not much older than Whittaker!

Edited by No_Problemo

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cadden was the only "regular" who's coming back from long term injury. The boy Whittaker has played a few times this season, and the lad Rudi something I can't spell 😂

The lad Rudi is a decent prospect scored for Scotland under 20s (could be 19s) at the weekend, 

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

but broonie is no mug and will not accept shit. 

Bit early for chat like that, he's been in the door a month. 

Bullen was a - run hard, try hard coach. You need a coach that can get the best out a player rather than just a lot of effort. On Saturday, he looked lost. If Brown is trying to change his natural game to fit in to his style of play rather than the other way round, he'd be as well not playing him. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bullen was a - run hard, try hard coach. You need a coach that can get the best out a player rather than just a lot of effort. On Saturday, he looked lost. If Brown is trying to change his natural game to fit in to his style of play rather than the other way round, he'd be as well not playing him. 

He’s already dropped our “number one” goalie, Chalmers and not started McGeady. I’d say he’s made a good start to not making to not taking shite.

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think Uncle Ian is going to be able to turn things around at Clyde.

Does the 10th placed team still get the chance to stay up through the playoffs? 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

What? 

Why would he be as well not playing him…

Players need to adapt to certain roles and fit into the structure of the team. Under Bullen everything just seemed to be go and do what you want, whereas we hopefully have a proper manager now. 

Every single player will be doing this, and it’ll be harder for some than others dependent on level of experience etc etc. 

11 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

He’s already dropped our “number one” goalie, Chalmers and not started McGeady. I’d say he’s made a good start to not making to not taking shite.

Albinson was dropped, Mutch came in and he was pish and Albinson came back in and he was shite, Mutch came back in and got injured and Albinson came back in. 

He dropped Chalmers, who behind Murphy is probably top in goal involvements, He brought him on and he set up a goal. 

McGeady has played about the same, maybe less than he did under Bullen when fit. 

I'm not sure its the best argument to make. 

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Thought they were maybe turning things around after a good win at the weekend. Would be sad to see Clyde go, remember my Dad telling me they were decent back in the day, anytime we drove by Shawfield greyhound track and the old stadium wall was still there. The play off game may save them though, but aye they're finishing bottom  

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye they do

Seems a shite system although in recent years we’ve started losing teams that were more established in the leagues in favour of teams like Spartans, Bonnyrigg and Edinburgh. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Seems a shite system although in recent years we’ve started losing teams that were more established in the leagues in favour of teams like Spartans, Bonnyrigg and Edinburgh. 

Don't think any team that's been relegated have even been close to getting back to the league. Would like to see one of the WOSFL teams get there but it's never going to happen. Lowland and highland league is where they've all came up from iirc

Just now, No_Problemo said:

What? 

Why would he be as well not playing him…

Players need to adapt to certain roles and fit into the structure of the team. Under Bullen everything just seemed to be go and do what you want, whereas we hopefully have a proper manager now. 

Every single player will be doing this, and it’ll be harder for some than others dependent on level of experience etc etc. 

If you have  a player who has played his entire career as a flying winger, using his pace to run at defenders and the overnight tell him he's to sit deep, not run in to space and take the ball while static and facing your own half, its not going to work over night, if you'd rather play Bryden than Chalmers wide left because he does things the way you want him to, rather than what Chalmers does....successfully this season, then why play them when you know they are going to struggle? Bryden was an empty jersey on Saturday, he played well out there in a short spell against Queens Park, It doesn't make him a left winger though. 

If it works, then fine, shift them both on in the summer and sign players to play the way you want. 

20 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think he's had anywhere near the money he thought he would to rebuild. Still a chance to get more players in to help turn things around but it seems to be a club that has been rotten to the core on and off the park for a while now. 

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Don't think any team that's been relegated have even been close to getting back to the league. Would like to see one of the WOSFL teams get there but it's never going to happen. Lowland and highland league is where they've all came up from iirc

Brechin might make it back. They weren’t far away last season.

Would prefer them than chicken man’s EK side anyway.

23 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If you have  a player who has played his entire career as a flying winger, using his pace to run at defenders and the overnight tell him he's to sit deep, not run in to space and take the ball while static and facing your own half, its not going to work over night, if you'd rather play Bryden than Chalmers wide left because he does things the way you want him to, rather than what Chalmers does....successfully this season, then why play them when you know they are going to struggle? Bryden was an empty jersey on Saturday, he played well out there in a short spell against Queens Park, It doesn't make him a left winger though. 

If it works, then fine, shift them both on in the summer and sign players to play the way you want. 

Fair enough from that point of view, obviously you would want players to continue to do things they are good at in the right moments while contributing to the overall set up of the team. I would like to think there will be space for the likes of Chalmers and Amartey to do that within a structure. 

I’m definitely hoping the Bryden over Chalmers thing was a one week only type of thing. 

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Brechin might make it back. They weren’t far away last season.

Would prefer them than chicken man’s EK side anyway.

Aye Brechin seem far and away the most capable of returning, as you say they've come very close last season.

When you look at the teams that have dropped out, it's usually been the ones with the smallest crowds. East Stirlingshire, Berwick, Cowdenbeath, Albion. Those clubs I can see eventually drifting towards the bottom end of the Lowland League (or even into the West and East leagues) as some of the bigger ex junior clubs make their way up.

Visited Bonnyrigg as a neutral for a game last year, was great. They feel like the first proper football club to make it up.

eta. Would be quite funny to see Clyde drop out.

Edited by AUcal