The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I wonder if the Mutch injury isn't as bad as first feared then since he's not mentioned it and no back up signing has come in.  

Its hard to see what happened to him from the footage, he has a weird landing position but then tried to make a follow up save and his arm moves freely enough, he doesn’t make contact with anyone when he lands on the follow up. 

He went off with his arm in a sling, he’s maybe jarred it and went off as a precaution but I don’t understand why it would be in a sling. 

Maybe to keep Raith guessing up until 2pm to see if we are playing a keeper or not. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Its hard to see what happened to him from the footage, he has a weird landing position but then tried to make a follow up save and his arm moves freely enough, he doesn’t make contact with anyone when he lands on the follow up. 

He went off with his arm in a sling, he’s maybe jarred it and went off as a precaution but I don’t understand why it would be in a sling. 

Maybe to keep Raith guessing up until 2pm to see if we are playing a keeper or not. 

It wasn't a sling as such,  but his own shirt being used as one.  After receiving treatment from the physio, he stood up and moved his arm and shoulder about. Something clearly happened because it looked like an involuntary jerk to his shoulder and he had an expression of pain on his face.

Am I the only one who likes waiting until 2pm on match day to see who's playing? I do get fans wanting to know how injured players are getting on but I'm all for the opposition not knowing exactly who will be playing or what format. I think this tactic will work better under Broon more than L.B. as Broony has shown, he's not afraid to mix the team up. It might only be a small advantage, but I do believe it's an advantage.

41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I wonder if the Mutch injury isn't as bad as first feared then since he's not mentioned it and no back up signing has come in.  

We don't seem to be in a rush to bring in a RB so not sure how much that extends to a goalie if he is out long term 

4 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Am I the only one who likes waiting until 2pm on match day to see who's playing? I do get fans wanting to know how injured players are getting on but I'm all for the opposition not knowing exactly who will be playing or what format. I think this tactic will work better under Broon more than L.B. as Broony has shown, he's not afraid to mix the team up. It might only be a small advantage, but I do believe it's an advantage.

I enjoy the ritual of reading the lineup and expressing approval/disapproval of it.

19 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We don't seem to be in a rush to bring in a RB so not sure how much that extends to a goalie if he is out long term 

Players there that can patch up that position for now (Tomlinson, Stanger, Musonda), but a keeper is different, can’t just have no sub keeper and 3rd and 4th choice are out on loan. 

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Players there that can patch up that position for now (Tomlinson, Stanger, Musonda), but a keeper is different, can’t just have no sub keeper and 3rd and 4th choice are out on loan. 

Stevo's turning up to the hub early on Saturday with the goalie gloves on.

Club maybe missing a trick on Saturday they should be getting the wrestling on in the hub seeing it's on at 10am because it's in Australia, play off the fact that a Ayrshire lad will be a major part of it (even if he's a current bun) and maybe some if folk would stay for the game.

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

Club maybe missing a trick on Saturday they should be getting the wrestling on in the hub seeing it's on at 10am because it's in Australia, play off the fact that a Ayrshire lad will be a major part of it (even if he's a current bun) and maybe some if folk would stay for the game.

"Come and watch scripted fake fighting in the hub."

24 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Oiled up lads in their scants trying to wedgie each other probably has a different demographic to what we serve up

29 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Tbf, I like the idea of a 'sports bar'. Whether that could be a money spinner in the current climate is another question. 

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

You know the rules, we don't want to give the opposition a competitive advantage.

3 hours ago, Highland Exile said:

From my vantage point behind the goal it looked like he dislocated it when he landed and then it was loose again when the physio tested it. Looked bl*ody sore.

Fortunately it was not dislocated 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

That lad used to go to the same gym as myself in Ayr, he's actually been back a couple of times too.