The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Why could this not have been the case all season? 
Dempsey could be out for another 3 weeks so it’s not giving the opposition an “unfair advantage” but Al least the support know that A. He is injured and B. It’s not serious. 

The fact Reading has been out since before Christmas and we have only found out this week he is officially done for the season is a farce. 

Hopefully they will just be as honest as they can be going forward. 

I have no idea why you feel so passionately about this, it's almost control freak level man. Your work or my work would not realise personal medical information.... I do not understand why you feel, you have the right to know who's in work and who's not and for what reason!?

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Why could this not have been the case all season? 
Dempsey could be out for another 3 weeks so it’s not giving the opposition an “unfair advantage” but Al least the support know that A. He is injured and B. It’s not serious. 

The fact Reading has been out since before Christmas and we have only found out this week he is officially done for the season is a farce. 

Hopefully they will just be as honest as they can be going forward. 

Reading only got injured in February. 

24 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I have no idea why you feel so passionately about this, it's almost control freak level man. Your work or my work would not realise personal medical information.... I do not understand why you feel, you have the right to know who's in work and who's not and for what reason!?

Fist of all, f**k up

Second of all, I’m not asking for details of injuries or in Willoughbys case illness. I just want to know why they are no longer playing for the club, why they drop out of the team, never to be seen again. When we have a pointless  press conference before every game where the manager (sometimes) appears to tell us everyone is fit and available. 

Ben Dempsey, Injured, hopefully back within a couple of weeks isn’t information that should be covered by the data protection act.

If your work doesn’t tell you if a coworker is off sick or how long they are off for, that is weird. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Fist of all, f**k up

Second of all, I’m not asking for details of injuries or in Willoughbys case illness. I just want to know why they are no longer playing for the club, why they drop out of the team, never to be seen again. When we have a pointless  press conference before every game where the manager (sometimes) appears to tell us everyone is fit and available. 

Ben Dempsey, Injured, hopefully back within a couple of weeks isn’t information that should be covered by the data protection act.

If your work doesn’t tell you if a coworker is off sick or how long they are off for, that is weird. 

If your work are telling you anything of the sort, they are breaking the law.

It's a business and if you don't like it then don't part with your cash for the product on offer, the same as we all do, with every other business. Imagine staunin at tesco, quizing them why your favourite checkout lassie isn't in today 🤷

You have no right to know anything medical about anyone or for whatever reason they may be off work. 

5 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

If your work are telling you anything of the sort, they are breaking the law.

It's a business and if you don't like it then don't part with your cash for the product on offer, the same as we all do, with every other business. Imagine staunin at tesco, quizing them why your favourite checkout lassie isn't in today 🤷

You have no right to know anything medical about anyone or for whatever reason they may be off work. 

Fucking hell

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Fucking hell

You seem to be gunning for a fight with anyone on here mucka. I'd normally say difference of opinion is perfectly fine and move on but I'm stating fact, not my opinion.

Have you considered, the players may have choicen not to disclose medical conditions with the public, as is their right? And that the reason the club could not realise a statement is because none of the players had granted them permission to disclose medical information!? 

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

You seem to be gunning for a fight with anyone on here mucka. I'd normally say difference of opinion is perfectly fine and move on but I'm stating fact, not my opinion.

Have you considered, the players may have choicen not to disclose medical conditions with the public, as is their right? And that the reason the club could not realise a statement is because none of the players had granted them permission to disclose medical information!? 

I’ve came on here 3 times in 24 hours, accused of being drunk, someone said I called them out on something when I didn’t and you have gone in, full studs up on 3 posts. 
I explained why you were wrong about what you think I meant in the first reply and now you are equating asking why Ben Dempsey has been out for a month with sexually harassing supermarket workers. 

I think the fight here is in your head. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’ve came on here 3 times in 24 hours, accused of being drunk, someone said I called them out on something when I didn’t and you have gone in, full studs up on 3 posts. 
I explained why you were wrong about what you think I meant in the first reply and now you are equating asking why Ben Dempsey has been out for a month with sexually harassing supermarket workers. 

I think the fight here is in your head. 

Yikes. Have a good day mate.

5 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I get the point your trying to make but football is a bit different. Providing it’s a football related injury it does tend to be normal practice to let the fans know what the injury is or at the very least an estimate return date, although in fairness McCall was always very guilty of undercooking the injuries and getting fans even more frustrated. 

Given Willoughbys absence seems  to be non football related I can completely understand if there was privacy around that. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I get the point your trying to make but football is a bit different. Providing it’s a football related injury it does tend to be normal practice to let the fans know what the injury is or at the very least an estimate return date, although in fairness McCall was always very guilty of undercooking the injuries and getting fans even more frustrated. 

Given Willoughbys absence seems  to be non football related I can completely understand if there was privacy around that. 

Considering his point is that it is illegal for the club to give injury updates…..in reply to a post about the club giving injury updates. Football isn’t that much different. 

if you pay for a new window fitted and the company tell you on the day, we can’t come out today due to sickness, you will be given an approximate date of when they will be able to. What you can’t demand is to know if it’s a cold or a doze of the shits. 

17 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I fully understand the football related side to this point, for years we've been given information on such things and now that's not as ready available, people are frustrated. 

None of that changes a players right to whether or not they publicly disclose medical information and if the club had done so, without permission, I've no doubt they would find themselves in court. Just because it's football, doesn't make it above the law and tbh, people should be afforded the decency and privacy to recoup and recovery, as any one of us would expect, in our various forms of employment/life situations.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Considering his point is that it is illegal for the club to give injury updates…..in reply to a post about the club giving injury updates. Football isn’t that much different. 

if you pay for a new window fitted and the company tell you on the day, we can’t come out today due to sickness, you will be given an approximate date of when they will be able to. What you can’t demand is to know if it’s a cold or a doze of the shits. 

Again, it would be your consumer choice, if you felt let down, to take your business elsewhere. However, you would props have signed a contract with said company so would need to make sure that your cancellation of that product was within your right to cancellation....

Have you signed such a contract with AUFC!? Nope, so they don't need to tell you a thing. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

Ultimately it makes absolutely zero difference to me whether I know if a player is out or not in advance.

They'll either be in the squad or not. Will it stop me going if I know a certain player won't be playing. No.

At the same time do I think going public on a football related injury would make a bit of difference to how other teams play against us? No chance.

I miss the good old days of moaning about Bullen. Life was simpler then.

9 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Again, it would be your consumer choice, if you felt let down, to take your business elsewhere. However, you would props have signed a contract with said company so would need to make sure that your cancellation of that product was within your right to cancellation....

Have you signed such a contract with AUFC!? Nope, so they don't need to tell you a thing. 

Don’t quote post me again.

you’ve gone through the whole spectrum of rage on here today, mad accusations, making stuff up and the sure sign of someone who has lost the plot, the - don’t pay and watch the team then.

moon howling stuff

Feel like we are in a good place with Brown, he's done a decent job with a pretty hefty injury list.  I was looking at points gained Vs Bullen coming in.

I think the circumstances are not too dissimilar, this squad is a little better than what Bullen was working with but the injury crisis probably evens it out enough.  

First 9 games - Bullen 11 | Brown 15

Game 15 - Bullen 15 | Brown TBC but at least 15

Bullen then has an extra game Brown won't get and got to 18 points.  

I'd be surprised if that 18 point haul isn't surpassed.  It was seen as very good and the club were shouting about ending on mid table form that off-season.  Currently we are top of the form table over 10 games (1 of those belongs to Davie White) and third over 5 games.  Again, this has all been with at least 4 starting first team players injured in almost every game.  

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of squad he puts together next season.  

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Don’t quote post me again.

you’ve gone through the whole spectrum of rage on here today, mad accusations, making stuff up and the sure sign of someone who has lost the plot, the - don’t pay and watch the team then.

moon howling stuff

I'm only stating facts, facts you cannot seem to grasp then you throw the dummies out the pram and start swearing and ranting at people mate. You need to take a long hard look at yourself.