The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This, communications is terrible at the moment. We got a less than two minute ‘press conference’ that you can barely hear. What’s the point?. Add that into the poor highlights package and poor social media presence it’s really not great. That simply needs addressed in the summer. I’d be looking at bringing someone in to purely focus on that side of things. 

Did the club not put out an advert in the summer for a new board member who had media experience?

Ultimately if you run on volunteers and uni students you're limited with what you can do, but I honestly think a bit of investment in that area would go a long way in making the club look far more professional.

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Did the club not put out an advert in the summer for a new board member who had media experience?

Ultimately if you run on volunteers and uni students you're limited with what you can do, but I honestly think a bit of investment in that area would go a long way in making the club look far more professional.

I hope to god this happens in the summer. 

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Raith fancying him if they don’t go up. 

The club gearing up for another summer of being outbid for players by Raith. 

66892A1B-2709-4577-AB8E-5EBD87D7949D.jpeg

We are not alone in being secretive when it comes to discussing injuries. Fans of various clubs in this league have said the same about this issue and it's only something i've noticed in recent years. Perhaps the bigger financial crisis means clubs don't have the quality of depth of squad as before. When you look at some of the shite we signed on extended deals it may be this was just a way of balancing the books. Knowing certain players are missing might help the opposition more as the back up options are limited  

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

He wouldn’t be going there as a starter, so that would be a strange one all round. 

Rudden only on loan and double the amount of league goals as Jack Hamilton. Vaughan not really a striker so on the face of it, it would be an upgrade on what they have. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Rudden only on loan and double the amount of league goals as Jack Hamilton. Vaughan not really a striker so on the face of it, it would be an upgrade on what they have. 

I’d imagine we’ve already made some sort of offer to him but he’ll be holding out as most players do. 

27 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Based on this season, I guess you could argue that. 

I would still have Hamilton as a more effective player than Dowds at this level though. He hasn’t quite provided what everyone thought he would for Raith, very in and out. 

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

Think someone said they had lined up Ian Ferguson from Ayr racecourse but he took not well before it was finalised and he died shortly after. 

Have they read us discussing the form table on this thread and posted it? Fair enough 😂

Seen as you're reading, can we shoot towards the SRE in the second half? I prefer that. Please and thank you.

49 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

We are not alone in being secretive when it comes to discussing injuries. Fans of various clubs in this league have said the same about this issue and it's only something i've noticed in recent years. Perhaps the bigger financial crisis means clubs don't have the quality of depth of squad as before. When you look at some of the shite we signed on extended deals it may be this was just a way of balancing the books. Knowing certain players are missing might help the opposition more as the back up options are limited  

Have to say  as a neutral , I didn’t know you 8 first team players missing -that is really bad luck and must contribute  to your inconsistency .

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Based on this season, I guess you could argue that. 

I would still have Hamilton as a more effective player than Dowds at this level though. He hasn’t quite provided what everyone thought he would for Raith, very in and out. 

I truly hope as a much loved X - EF player he doesn’t go to the Lino lickers!!!! - but to compare his goals stat with your  really poor midfield vs the goal stat of Hamilton with a much higher quality midfield  and team doesn’t make any logical sense- Hamilton should be miles ahead , trust me it pains me to say that….

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

a shame Ayr United didn't take advantage of April Fools day to announce contract extension to McAllister and Reading just to find out it was legit

Sanders had taken the pressure off the two of them in recent weeks.