The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

56 minutes ago, AUcal said:

4 points from these 2 home games and you've got to imagine we're safe from the play-off.

Easier said than done considering our inconsistency and our recent record against Morton. 

Just get it over the line and get this season by.

A point against Morton and a win against an already relegated Arbroath. As you say, easier said than done but if we can’t manage it then we deserve ninth. 

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

A point against Morton and a win against an already relegated Arbroath. As you say, easier said than done but if we can’t manage it then we deserve ninth.

With a fully fit group of players we should get through those two fixtures ok , but we are beyond the bare bones in central midfield and at full back ! It’s going to be a nerve wracking week ! 

Said it before, we’ll avoid 9th if Inverness are worse than us on this run in

These next two games, at home, are winnable.

Issue for us is our ability to sabotage results with individual errors.

14 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Said it before, we’ll avoid 9th if Inverness are worse than us on this run in

These next two games, at home, are winnable.

Issue for us is our ability to sabotage results with individual errors.

We need to beat Arbroath, if we beat Morton we drag them in to the mix, if Airdrie beat Raith then they are pretty much safe. 

Best case scenario, we go to Tannadice when Dundee United are already champions and then Firhill when Thistle are confirmed third and we’ll need bugger all from the Dunfermline. 

Quote from Chalmers in the Courier: 

“At the end of the season my contract is done at Dundee Utd, then I’ll be with no-one until the next team I sign for,” he said.

“Right now, I’m focussed on Ayr. I think everyone knows how much I’ve enjoyed my time at Ayr, and whether my future is here long term, or this is my last few games, I’m not sure myself. “But I’ve enjoyed it under the old gaffer (Lee Bullen) and the new one (Scott Brown) as well.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Quote from Chalmers in the Courier: 

“At the end of the season my contract is done at Dundee Utd, then I’ll be with no-one until the next team I sign for,” he said.

“Right now, I’m focussed on Ayr. I think everyone knows how much I’ve enjoyed my time at Ayr, and whether my future is here long term, or this is my last few games, I’m not sure myself. “But I’ve enjoyed it under the old gaffer (Lee Bullen) and the new one (Scott Brown) as well.

The fact he hasn’t played much consistently in this second part of the season might just mean that he ends up sitting tight with us for a season. I don’t think he’s been frozen out or treated harshly by Brown. He had an injury but came off the bench on Saturday and made a difference. If he is fit he should be starting every game for the remainder of this season. 

Whatever happens over the summer will happen. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The fact he hasn’t played much consistently in this second part of the season might just mean that he ends up sitting tight with us for a season. I don’t think he’s been frozen out or treated harshly by Brown. He had an injury but came off the bench on Saturday and made a difference. If he is fit he should be starting every game for the remainder of this season. 

Whatever happens over the summer will happen. 

Making the same noises that Mullen did last year. Be nice if one of our local journalists did some of these types of interviews rather than the baw-tickling they normally churn out. 

We should be in pole position to sign Chalmers, but we wont. He'll be at another Championship team next year. 

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Making the same noises that Mullen did last year. Be nice if one of our local journalists did some of these types of interviews rather than the baw-tickling they normally churn out. 

We should be in pole position to sign Chalmers, but we wont. He'll be at another Championship team next year. 

Aye I suspect the same. Fully expect him to be lining up for Raith next season. Closer to home and a really ambitious club on the park.

Alarm bells will definately be ringing if he goes elsewhere in the division as it will show our best players aren’t buying into the clubs/Browns ambitions. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see chalmers again next season. He’s not been frozen out he had a knock so wasn’t playing. Hopefully he will start tonight and fires us to safety  in the remaining games this season. He doesn’t offer the same work rate as other players (McKenzie and bryden) but he offers so much more imo.

budget next season should be significantly higher than this as we have more potential revenue. Saying all that we need to stay in the league for both these to happen

49 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye I suspect the same. Fully expect him to be lining up for Raith next season. Closer to home and a really ambitious club on the park.

Alarm bells will definately be ringing if he goes elsewhere in the division as it will show our best players aren’t buying into the clubs/Browns ambitions. 

We can’t use the - we didn’t want to give him a 3 year deal excuse. 

He is a good Championship player that can turn a game with a bit of skill and get bums off seats. He needs to be allowed to play his own game and the rest of the team pick up the slack. He scores a fair few goals as well. With him, Murphy and a player scoring. 15-20 goals a season, we’d be top four. 

Im not saying we should break the bank for him but we should be doing everything we can to keep him. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd be astonished if Chalmers hasn't been identified as a target for us for next season. He'd offer us something a bit different to what we already have on the books and would be a great addition. 

I’d be astonished if we hadn’t offered him something, maybe even pending the outcome of this season. But I’d also be astonished if he hadn’t had other, better offers 

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe need to warn the woman that does the half time draw that hard man Dougie Imrie is in town tonight. 

According to the Morton fans she should be ok as long as he keeps his hands in his pockets.