The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

It must be something to do with internet or something cause i was sitting directly behind the platform where they film and it's a fricking Panasonic 4K camera they use so it's not as if it's some knocked off Derek Trotter camcorders 

Watch out! Trotter’s about! | Facebook

I had the issue explained during COVID and it seems to be the same issue.  Memory is hazy on it but the problem was it coming back out of where it gets uploaded to.  

10 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

All though dowdes is good he's no shankland,tomi,or depo.thats what need for next season,also why don't the central defender talk or shout at each other.

Dowds is miles ahead of Adeloye. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dowds is miles ahead of Adeloye. 

I think they are probably a similar standard to each other, but entirely different players. I actually think you could argue it either way, but definitely don’t think you could say either were miles in front!

Surprised more hasn't been said about Clarke

Came charging out at the free kick into a crowd of 6ft+ BFG's compared to him and ended up doing a superman impression getting nowhere mear the ball. 

I could literally just see his head..

Good shot stopper but teams are starting to expose the massive weakness at set pieces with his lack of height

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Surprised more hasn't been said about Clarke

Came charging out at the free kick into a crowd of 6ft+ BFG's compared to him and ended up doing a superman impression getting nowhere mear the ball. 

I could literally just see his head..

Good shot stopper but teams are starting to expose the massive weakness at set pieces with his lack of height

He doesn't speak. He needs to be a lot more vocal and keep his defence right. He looked a bit lost at the goal from my vantage point of an entire pitch away. He showed good hands a few times but I think if we signed him for next season, having him and Mutch could be problematic. Maybe Dohan will be part of the Aberdeen clear out. 

5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He doesn't speak. He needs to be a lot more vocal and keep his defence right. He looked a bit lost at the goal from my vantage point of an entire pitch away. He showed good hands a few times but I think if we signed him for next season, having him and Mutch could be problematic. Maybe Dohan will be part of the Aberdeen clear out. 

Wasn’t there last night but at the Raith game he was shouting so loud I thought it was someone behind me. 

3 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Good.  We need to get to a point where minimal incoming players are quality additions, rather than a wholesale influx of 'projects'

Sorry, you think it's a good thing we're going into a new season with yet again the same fullbacks?

12 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Good.  We need to get to a point where minimal incoming players are quality additions, rather than a wholesale influx of 'projects'

The year is 2049 and Ayr United are delighted to announce contract extensions for Nick McAllister, Paddy Reading and Sean McGinty.  Manager Finn Ecrepont beleives they will be vital this season and the hip operation for Sean McGinty won't hinder his pre season.

Edited by callum-ayr

It’s a weird one.

Based on this season does Reading deserve a new contract? Probably yes.

Do the past few seasons tell us that he is consistently good enough to help us get promoted? No. 

I think people will struggle to look past just how poor he was last season.  Wasn’t even so much on the ball or going forward but his positioning defensively was woeful and it cost us goals in games. The playoffs would’ve finished most players off but again I think Bullen lacked that ruthless streak to get rid of players that he really should’ve. I take the point about not wanting an overhaul as regardless of Reading or McAllister we still need around 5-6 new bodies. If he signs a new contract then you can only hope there’s someone there pushing him to perform or can take his spot if he drops off. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I think Bullen lacked that ruthless streak to get rid of players that he really should’ve.

Unfortunately our board also lacked the ruthless streak to fire Bullen and most of the squad into the sea after the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s a weird one.

Based on this season does Reading deserve a new contract? Probably yes.

Do the past few seasons tell us that he is consistently good enough to help us get promoted? No. 

I think people will struggle to look past just how poor he was last season.  Wasn’t even so much on the ball or going forward but his positioning defensively was woeful and it cost us goals in games. The playoffs would’ve finished most players off but again I think Bullen lacked that ruthless streak to get rid of players that he really should’ve. I take the point about not wanting an overhaul as regardless of Reading or McAllister we still need around 5-6 new bodies. If he signs a new contract then you can only hope there’s someone there pushing him to perform or can take his spot if he drops off. 

Mutch, Ecrepont* / Watret*, McAllister, McGinty, Stanger / Dempsey, McGeady**, Murphy, Syla, Tomlinson* / McKenzie, Bryden, Rose***, Guthrie*, McRoberts*

*Excpect to be loaned out/in and out match day squads

**Will probably retire football side

***Unlikely to stay

So far 16 signed up with 5 you can't rely on being involved starting 11 or even bench and don't expect McGeady to carry on and don't see Rose staying.  Think signings will be more likely in the 8-10 range.