The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Totally agree, the off field achievements have been outstanding. If they can turn that energy into on park... we'll be laughing.

Dave smith and mathie have always said get off the park sorted and  it will start to show on the park. With the hospitality being doubled it means that we have the opportunity for much higher income than previous and that will hopefully find its way into the playing budget. 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Dave smith and mathie have always said get off the park sorted and  it will start to show on the park. With the hospitality being doubled it means that we have the opportunity for much higher income than previous and that will hopefully find its way into the playing budget. 

I know bud and I'm behind that. But if the footie continues to be atrocious, you're not going to increase hospitality bums on seats or increase attendances in general. Which is just a downward spiral to less £, and even poorer quality football. I've always stated my heartfelt gratitude to Smith, I'm just praying this summer is the start of the focus shifting. We are, after all, a football club, not a building firm.

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

On the new north terrace stand. I’ve been going to Somerset Park for over 50 years and in that time the only ground development I have seen have been the family stand, the seggie fence, new floodlights and some toilets replaced. Believe me this development is a big deal.

The 'temporary' buildings for hospitality and club shop must've popped up in that time

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Agreed, I just wish the chairman and the club didn't come across as being so pleased with themselves about it. Just personal taste, I guess.

This might be your best shitpost yet. 

8 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

We need to sign Dabrowski as our keeper, geeso man 🫶

He is an excellent shot stopper, which is of course hugely important. But I don't really rate much else about his game though. 

16 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Wasn't he absolutely minging in the 4-4 game before Christmas?

Now that you mention it, yes. He was all over the place. 

I think he's the kind of keeper that is tremendous at making those reactionary saves from efforts at short distances, but if he is expecting a shot and has to set himself properly he isn't anywhere near as effective. 

I remember thinking he could have done a lot better for all 4 goals we scored that night (one was a horrendous error, but the others were awful positioning).

Edited by AUcal

2 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I know bud and I'm behind that. But if the footie continues to be atrocious, you're not going to increase hospitality bums on seats or increase attendances in general. Which is just a downward spiral to less £, and even poorer quality football. I've always stated my heartfelt gratitude to Smith, I'm just praying this summer is the start of the focus shifting. We are, after all, a football club, not a building firm.

He did say he had a 5 year plan , we are about to enter year 3 of this and building infrastructure to raise funds for the playing side are almost complete so really looking forward to what happens in the next couple of years 

55 minutes ago, AUcal said:

He is an excellent shot stopper, which is of course hugely important. But I don't really rate much else about his game though. 

Yeah, which means when he has an off night it's abhorrent.  

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He did say he had a 5 year plan , we are about to enter year 3 of this and building infrastructure to raise funds for the playing side are almost complete so really looking forward to what happens in the next couple of years 

I know mate... but you've already read how scunnered even longterm season ticket holders are and a good few not just handing their money over.... Then there's all the other points I've made previously about trying to get us disenfranchised fans back and new support. If they don't get the finger out, I don't believe the build it and they will come ethos will work. It's a football club and football is the product they sell to us paying public.

While I fully understand the need for a sound financial business, shiny new stuff is not what it's about and going on various posts of yours, and I don't want to sound like a twat here, but you seem to have the blinkers on, as does the club about what the fans, outwith the core support feel. 

I am not parting with hard worked for money to stand and admire a stand.... even if it is fucking beautiful!

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Does anyone know how much revenue we can expect to make from the new hospitality and how much that would mean in terms of net income for the club? I don't really have a feel for how significant the revenue will be.

5 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

On the new north terrace stand. I’ve been going to Somerset Park for over 50 years and in that time the only ground development I have seen have been the family stand, the seggie fence, new floodlights and some toilets replaced. Believe me this development is a big deal.

Somerset Road end wasn't covered when the original floodlights went up