The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Going by his interview with AU Media, doesn’t sound too convincing that Dowds will be back. 

Yeah between what McRoberts said and how Dowds tone totally changed when asked that's him away.  Tbh that's fine, hopefully get someone as effective but a little bit quicker. 

5 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Thank f*ck this season over at least it ended on an entertaining game. Getting Dowds signed on would be a good start, he had a good game last night.

Looked a sore one for Dunfermlines keeper.

Minor point but I swear that when "Somerset Boab" announced Amartey getting subbed on last night he said "Cammy" Amartey. Wouldn't surprise me.....

I can't understand why Amartey isn't getting starts, honestly the game changed when he came on yesterday.

Tomlinson for McGinty was an odd one for me 🤔

Stood for photos at the end with the wee man. Was told Dowds, Albinson and McGinty were away, though it was from a teenage boy, so pinch of salt obviously.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Tomlinson for McGinty was an odd one for me 🤔

Brown has all but carved into the North Stand concrete that he doesn't think McGinty is there when the going gets tough. At the very least he's going to be stripped of the captaincy next season.

I’d rather Dowds stayed as you know what you’re getting from him. He’ll get you 10-15 goals in a season easily. If he goes then I’m not sure who’s readily available to come in but I think Brown will want someone who can hold the ball up and compete physically with centre halves. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

If he goes then I’m not sure who’s readily available to come in but I think Brown will want someone who can hold the ball up and compete physically with centre halves. 

Brown's words after the match were literally that McRoberts is the only centre forward on the books right now, which at least does something to push back the horrible idea that the club is going to try to lead with the academy players next season.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d rather Dowds stayed as you know what you’re getting from him. He’ll get you 10-15 goals in a season easily. If he goes then I’m not sure who’s readily available to come in but I think Brown will want someone who can hold the ball up and compete physically with centre halves. 

Oli Shaw on loan from Barnsley??

When do we expect the retained/released list, Monday/Tuesday? And if McGinty does leave as I think we all expect now I'd expect he's likely one of the top earners so that will free up some wages.

11 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

When do we expect the retained/released list, Monday/Tuesday? And if McGinty does leave as I think we all expect now I'd expect he's likely one of the top earners so that will free up some wages.

Lol..... going by our communication of late.... I expect to hear around the 32nd of Julember.

17 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

When do we expect the retained/released list, Monday/Tuesday?

Do you mean from VOR, Twitter, YouTube, or the website? A week on Thursday for the first, July for the next two, Christmas for the last.

Martindale says he's already got 3 players signed up on pre-contacts so it makes you wonder with Dowds... pretty sure he's from Edinburgh area

Would imagine Chalmers will end up at Raith or Falkirk next season

5 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Martindale says he's already got 3 players signed up on pre-contacts so it makes you wonder with Dowds... pretty sure he's from Edinburgh area

Wouldn't be against that, especially if Easton leaves which I expect to happen.

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

This fear scares me... I hope we get a shift on sharpish! Make the most of no play off pish.

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Make the most of no play off pish.

There was nothing stopping Bullen from doing anything while the playoffs were on. Pre-Bosman, managers would be expected to be handling signings all year round. Yet another myth that's been built up.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There was nothing stopping Bullen from doing anything while the playoffs were on. Pre-Bosman, managers would be expected to be handling signings all year round. Yet another myth that's been built up.

To busy on booking.com sorting the next holiday oot

Posted (edited)

I'd rather keep Dowds over Chalmers

Chalmers is a luxury player like McDaid who you get flashes of brilliance and only 1 or 2 good games each quarter and then the rest of the time he's a passenger.

Dowds however you know he's going to give 110% each game

Edited by Rb123