The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

I thought chalmers has scored a few for you ? 

whats the problem with Mcgeady  have his legs completely gone ?

Utterly and totally, you can see what his brain wants to do, but he simply doesn't have the physical ability any more.

1 minute ago, Peil said:

Utterly and totally, you can see what his brain wants to do, but he simply doesn't have the physical ability any more.

just looked his age up 38 , didnt realise he was as old as that

Odd that Reading is on the expiring contract list on the club update. Can only assume he's been offered a new deal otherwise he'd be away.

Is he weighing up his options or something, seeing what other offers he gets? Can't imagine there'll be too many banging down his door.

3 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

I thought chalmers has scored a few for you ? 

whats the problem with Mcgeady  have his legs completely gone ?

McGeady is just done.  No idea why we signed him.

Chalmers is capable of moments of sublime quality, but I’d say he flatters to deceive the vast majority of the time.  Hasn’t kicked a ball since Brown came in, which at best suggests he doesn’t fit with how Brown wants to play.  He’s not good enough defensively either.  I was up at the Partick game last week and the number of times his man just ran/jogged away from him was ridiculous.  It’s been a deeply mediocre season for us, and yet Chalmers didn’t seem to trouble many people’s list for player of the year awards, which I think counters the belief from other clubs fans that he was our best player.

If true it is certainly impressive that Chalmers is wanted by the second best side in the league, while not being good enough for Scott Brown. 

I’m pretty sure we will have wanted to keep him, because you would have to be pretty mental to happily allow a player with a 1/2 goal contribution to leave to go to a rival far further ahead in terms of having a “Premiership ready” side than you do. 

Managers need to get the best out of players, so I would be worried if Brown didn’t want someone with his technical ability as if he gets him going he is potentially one of the best players in the league - he certainly was at the start of this season. You don’t tend to get any high energy, pressing, good defensively wide midfielders at this level that are also good creatively - they don’t really exist. 

Was it not reported in the local press that Brown wanted to keep Clarke, Sanders, Chalmers and Dowds, or am I mis-remembering?

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If true it is certainly impressive that Chalmers is wanted by the second best side in the league, while not being good enough for Scott Brown. 

I’m pretty sure we will have wanted to keep him, because you would have to be pretty mental to happily allow a player with a 1/2 goal contribution to leave to go to a rival far further ahead in terms of having a “Premiership ready” side than you do. 

Managers need to get the best out of players, so I would be worried if Brown didn’t want someone with his technical ability as if he gets him going he is potentially one of the best players in the league - he certainly was at the start of this season. You don’t tend to get any high energy, pressing, good defensively wide midfielders at this level that are also good creatively - they don’t really exist. 

Dundee Utd loaned him out to the team that fiinshed 2nd in the league last season.  Doesn’t prove anything, but suggests Brown isn’t the only manager to have doubts about him.  In the end, if Chalmers was available at a sensible price, I suspect we would take a punt on him, but presumably Raith have offered him silly money the same as they did with Josh Mullin.  If he does indeed live locally, then that’s probably the end of it.

16 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

I'd very much imagine that they are looking for Volunteers.

That would be the kind of ludicrous, small-time move that I had rather hoped we were looking to leave in the past.

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

Was it not reported in the local press that Brown wanted to keep Clarke, Sanders, Chalmers and Dowds, or am I mis-remembering?

yes Ayrshire post reported that it was those 4 he wanted to keep on 

2 hours ago, Only me... said:

McAllister for captain? That's a thought, would struggle to keep the armband on his arm due to the amount of elbow tackles he does. 

Please why,Mcallister should be a bit player next season,only because he is contracted,he has been woeful most of the time.

24 minutes ago, Iain said:

I thought that too, but assumed I was wrong with the other comments around Chalmers. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I thought that too, but assumed I was wrong with the other comments around Chalmers. 

People like to believe their own theories.

52 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Yes there are better out there but they all play in the premiership, he is one of the better players in this league and has shown that with partick and Morton hence why partick are going after him

I actually liked him first time round. I'm probably basing my opinion a lot on him being one of the main antagonists in a truly horrible Morton side who've routinely pumped us this season. 

As I said earlier, if you play for us then you're one of the good guys.

Same with Easton from Raith. An irritation when he's playing for the opposition but exactly what we're needing for our team. Apart from McAllister we've nobody who gets in folks faces and winds up opponents.

36 minutes ago, Iain said:

Why let that get in the way of some panicking.

32 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Has anyone heard of any fan zones being set up in the town for the euros?

Announced there's going to be a mega size one in killie at the athletics arena so won't be one in Ayr too...

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Robbie would be a great signing but I don’t think he will be back here. As mentioned yesterday he was blamed a lot for being played out of position he is exactly what we need but it’s not happening 

Maybe a testimonial might sway him

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

1) i think we will free Chalmers would you sign him ?

2) Is Mcgeady been any good ?

We would love to sign him and should be in pole position, he was with us before, gambled and went to Tranmere where he sat on the bench. He had multiple cracks at Dundee United and never got a run. Being offered more money and location may hurt us though, unless he plans to move to Glasgow. Unless he signs for Dundee or St Johnstone, which I would doubt. Raith and Dunfermline would save him a few hours a day travelling. 

McGeady hasn’t been fit since he signed, he’s not played more than an hour and has barely featured in two games in a row. He has been ok at times and other times, just dreadful. I don’t care if he stays on as a player next year if he plays as much as he did last year. I’m not sure we are paying him that much anyway.