The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

47 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Has anyone heard of any fan zones being set up in the town for the euros?

Find it mental that they're not doing one down the low green with the success of the ravey festival thing the lats few years.  Big screen and sell pints.  No one will want to bother though.  Pubs will be murder to watch it in.

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Find it mental that they're not doing one down the low green with the success of the ravey festival thing the lats few years.  Big screen and sell pints.  No one will want to bother though.  Pubs will be murder to watch it in.

That’s exactly my thinking, surely it can’t be that hard to pull together plus local business with food trucks and bars would absolutely rake it in?

Pretty sure they showed all the Scotland games at Cameron’s bar during the last tournament, wonder if the club would do something like that again?

13 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

That’s exactly my thinking, surely it can’t be that hard to pull together plus local business with food trucks and bars would absolutely rake it in?

Pretty sure they showed all the Scotland games at Cameron’s bar during the last tournament, wonder if the club would do something like that again?

They could use the car park but I’m not sure the neighbours would like it too much. 
The council will be spending too much on making up for the neglect over the last 15 years on the roads around Troon. Can’t have American tourists seeing the scabby roads. 

29 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye no chance of it being down the low green, the ‘Summer family fest’ is on 22nd June.

Canny have the football getting in the road of the ‘flag raising ceremony’ and ‘military attractions’

20 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Aye no chance of it being down the low green, the ‘Summer family fest’ is on 22nd June.

Canny have the football getting in the road of the ‘flag raising ceremony’ and ‘military attractions’

The Summer Family Fest with Armed Forces and Pipes in the Park

What a name, catchy as hell. 

2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I see the club are looking to recruit two SLO's without any detail whatsoever regarding whether its full-time/part-time or what kind of wage it would be...

I believe it’s a volunteer role at most clubs ,

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

.  Hasn’t kicked a ball since Brown came in, which at best suggests he doesn’t fit with how Brown wants to play.

He has been injured for most of that time 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I believe it’s a volunteer role at most clubs ,

Looking at the job description, it looks quite a bit of commitment. Probably someone who is retired or on shift work 

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Mind when we were all sympathetic about McInroy not signing for us because it was too far from home, then he signs for the manky mob up the road?

Love this time of the season when the mental gymnastics are in full effect. Players don't sign for us, eh, they're not that good anyway etc...

We also have the situation where our best players might not be back next season. Other fans favourites because the previous manager liked and backed them may also leave. Could be a new level of mind shift this close season 

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

We also have the situation where our best players might not be back next season. Other fans favourites because the previous manager liked and backed them may also leave. Could be a new level of mind shift this close season 

Apart from Dowds, Chalmers and Murphy I'd struggle to name another 'fans favourite'. Albinson would have been on that list last season too but otherwise this squad is almost entirely dispensable.

McGinty has been better this year but is certainly not irreplaceable either.

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

McGeady is just done.  No idea why we signed him.

Chalmers is capable of moments of sublime quality, but I’d say he flatters to deceive the vast majority of the time.  Hasn’t kicked a ball since Brown came in, which at best suggests he doesn’t fit with how Brown wants to play.  He’s not good enough defensively either.  I was up at the Partick game last week and the number of times his man just ran/jogged away from him was ridiculous.  It’s been a deeply mediocre season for us, and yet Chalmers didn’t seem to trouble many people’s list for player of the year awards, which I think counters the belief from other clubs fans that he was our best player.

Under Bullen Chalmers used to float around the entire pitch, gather the ball and make things happen. Slightly different with Brown where he does a bit more defensively and fits into a system. Whilst i would rather he stayed we will need to see the way Brown wants to play next season.  

Just now, Scott-ish said:

Apart from Dowds, Chalmers and Murphy I'd struggle to name another 'fans favourite'. Albinson would have been on that list last season too but otherwise this squad is almost entirely dispensable.

McGinty has been better this year but is certainly not irreplaceable either.

We don’t know who’s out there that is going to suit the management style of play  for next season and I believe they will get the players required , you just never know what gems are out there rather than always looking at the normal merry go round 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

You don’t tend to get any high energy, pressing, good defensively wide midfielders at this level that are also good creatively - they don’t really exist. 

Josh Mullen certainly fits that description, he's been a great signing. 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

We don’t know who’s out there that is going to suit the management style of play  for next season and I believe they will get the players required , you just never know what gems are out there rather than always looking at the normal merry go round 

If they suit what the managers after and are confirmed as competent before they sign then that's ok.

Please no more last minute randoms who look like they've never seen a ball before this season though. Watching guys like Ahui was truly grim.

Tough job they've got with this rebuild, no doubt about that.

31 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

you just never know what gems are out there rather than always looking at the normal merry go round

I’d agree if it wasn’t for the evidence built up over the last 3 years. 

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Let’s not start this nonsense again, given our lack of success on the signing front in recent years we should be sticking to “the normal merry go round” thanks very much. Hasn’t done Raith any harm. 

2 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

Scott Burns reporting Muirhead to Livi if that's the case I can't see Martindale wanting Dowdes as well.

Need a pinch of salt with all these reporters. Says Livi want Muirhead. That's as far as it goes just now. Livi may well hand pick the strongest from this league to weaken the competition IF they have the funds to do so. If we don't sign Dowds I think its because we are getting someone better in. 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Let’s not start this nonsense again, given our lack of success on the signing front in recent years we should be sticking to “the normal merry go round” thanks very much. Hasn’t done Raith any harm. 

Thing is, signing players from the lower leagues in England won’t create interest re season tickets. Not bought mine yet which I’ve normally done by now (no real reason why I haven’t) but if they signed a Robbie Crawford or a Dillon Easton or numerous other good quality Championship player’s that are available I’d go and get mine straight away probably as others would do. Would show folk intent.