The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

We also have the situation where our best players might not be back next season. Other fans favourites because the previous manager liked and backed them may also leave. Could be a new level of mind shift this close season 

Could be a new level of shiteness too though. 

Ah, we live in hope... 

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson leaving Hibs, Stevenson probably to old now but Hanlon could do a job.

Rumours in our thread is that Hanlon is joining us

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I want off Ayr's crazy transfer merry-go-round. For every Dipo there's about 3 or 4 (insert any one of f**k knows how many jobbers here) 

Aye, experienced championship players the way to go this season. 

Posted (edited)

It's like Dot Cotton's laundry in here with the rumours.... hate this time of Yr for this! I think the majority of us have the fear and hopefully a few signings/ clarifications on re-signs/who's left will settle us all. We can see what direction we're heading in and start handing our £ over to the club to crack on and sign well. Until then, ama hide!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I want off Ayr's crazy transfer merry-go-round. For every Dipo there's about 3 or 4 (insert any one of f**k knows how many jobbers here) 

Aye, experienced championship players the way to go this season. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I believe it’s a volunteer role at most clubs ,

I have always just assumed that it was a voluntary role at all clubs. A labour of love becomes conflicted by remuneration and would then attract ‘wronguns’.

3 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Aye no chance of it being down the low green, the ‘Summer family fest’ is on 22nd June.

Canny have the football getting in the road of the ‘flag raising ceremony’ and ‘military attractions’

The same military that’s kept you tucked up in your bed (single) safe for how ever long . Ukraine’s getting hot you could show us what you got?  If that cowardly crap was bait you got me baby ! 

15 minutes ago, railwayend said:

The same military that’s kept you tucked up in your bed (single) safe for how ever long . Ukraine’s getting hot you could show us what you got?  If that cowardly crap was bait you got me baby ! 

RUUUUUULLLLEE BRITANIA!!! 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

image.jpeg.2a254651413244afeec7e5bd2116a3f4.jpeg

17 minutes ago, railwayend said:

IMG_5547.webp

On 05/05/2024 at 13:29, stevep56 said:

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere but might be of interest anyway..   The site heading says it is shirts from the Dunfermline game on Friday but it includes other shirts from previous seasons too. 

https://www.matchwornshirt.com/event/03-05-2024-ayr-united-dunfermline-athletic

Yes all proceeds to the AU Player Fund. Auction going well but still some shirts without a bid.

30 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Who was invading like?

59 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Rumours in our thread is that Hanlon is joining us

Ignore all the chat on here, we will speculate every time a player comes available, moan when they sign for a team round about us then have a tantrum when we sign a no-mark from an English village who was once on the books at Swindon when he was 12.  

Looking about squads etc and I wouldn’t mind us taking a punt on Dean McMaster from Airdrie. Tidy footballer with a bit of dig about him (was him with the challenge on Syla) and reminds me a bit of Docherty when we signed him. Seems like a Brown type of midfielder. Out of contract this month. 

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

nigelv2.jpg

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Interesting no Rose in the Hamilton squad, wonder if we’ve recalled him or if he’s just injured?

Just dropped by the look of it, was in their training pictures 

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I doubt they would totally drop him out of the squad. My guess is he’s injured 

Could it be they cocked up his loan and only signed it until end of our season ? 

2 hours ago, railwayend said:

If this means Killie is fair game for invasion forces because they're having a fan zone then I'm all for that personally.

Shelling Riccarton could end up doing millions of pounds worth of improvements though.

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Could it be they cocked up his loan and only signed it until end of our season ? 

Just found out he got injured in training and was close to being included tonight but looking like being back for second leg