The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Livingston, Raith, Partick Thistle, Airdrie, Morton, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Hamilton we thank you got attempting to win the championship but we will accept guards of honour from week 1

Db4bZeEXkAAsc0R.jpg

Not even out of May and already everyone's concluded that Callum Davidson will settle for Queen's Park staying up while everyone else tries to win the league.

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

Could Murphy play the number 10/playmaker in a 352 

I reckon so, I don’t think when he was signed last season as well he was intended to play as much as he did, so between maybe starting there and being an option from the bench would add a lot to our strength in depth. 

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

Could Murphy play the number 10/playmaker in a 352 

think he somewhat played that role last couple of games where we played him alongside Chalmers and Amartey

2 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

This seasons morton. 

HOOF ball baby

Just good, working class football. What is it with you hipsters? 

Presuming everyone else we sign will be quick, or a goalkeeper because the squad is severely lacking in pace.  

10 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Good piece of business there. Hopefully both Dowds and Oakley can get around 25 league goals between them this season.

Anton would have got 20 last season if he’d signed in July . 

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

obviously will need more additions but for now it's taking shape at least 

image.png

Similar to my thinking with what's there but Musonda isn't signed.  

Screenshot_20240525-123303.png

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Stanger shag your bird? 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Similar to my thinking with what's there but Musonda isn't signed.  

yeah mixed those two up in my over excitement for signing Dowds but yes it's meant to be Stanger in that back 3 

I genuinely did think he was away so to have what will probably be our two first choice strikers signed up before the end of May is brilliant.

I suspect we might see one of Bryden or McRoberts go out on loan now. I don't think it'll be McKenzie as he has the attributes for the high pressure that Brown seems to be looking for. 

A new GK, a new RB, another defender who could also play LB, Musonda and/or Sanders (would prefer the former if I could only have one) and a couple of wide players (Chalmers?) and that's a very decent foundation.

You’ve got two strikers there who in theory should be getting 15 goals each this season. If you’ve got that then as long as the rest of the team is semi competent you’ll be up the right end of the table. 

If we’re going with a 3-5-2 then we need to secure someone to play on the right. It can’t be McAllister as he’s more of a defensive full back. You could see Tomlinson being back up for that position but I’d like us to get someone that’s more used to it. 

In terms of centre backs you need to make sure the two players playing on either side of the back three are quick enough. Stanger should be fine on the right but I’d hope we can get someone to play on the left. Might be Musonda but I see him being better as playing more centrally. 

Just now, super_carson said:

I genuinely did think he was away so to have what will probably be our two first choice strikers signed up before the end of May is brilliant.

I suspect we might see one of Bryden or McRoberts go out on loan now. I don't think it'll be McKenzie as he has the attributes for the high pressure that Brown seems to be looking for. 

A new GK, a new RB, another defender who could also play LB, Musonda and/or Sanders (would prefer the former if I could only have one) and a couple of wide players (Chalmers?) and that's a very decent foundation.

preferably Bryden he needs starting minutes more while McRoberts is still young enough to develop through cameo minutes and reserve games

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ve got two strikers there who in theory should be getting 15 goals each this season. If you’ve got that then as long as the rest of the team is semi competent you’ll be up the right end of the table. 

If we’re going with a 3-5-2 then we need to secure someone to play on the right. It can’t be McAllister as he’s more of a defensive full back. You could see Tomlinson being back up for that position but I’d like us to get someone that’s more used to it. 

In terms of centre backs you need to make sure the two players playing on either side of the back three are quick enough. Stanger should be fine on the right but I’d hope we can get someone to play on the left. Might be Musonda but I see him being better as playing more centrally. 

Liam Smith would be a brilliant signing for that formation .  McMann from DU would balance it on the left . Am I getting carried away ? Yes probably! But what a start to the summer , well done to all concerned with these deals . 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ve got two strikers there who in theory should be getting 15 goals each this season. 

Not sure how either of them 'should' get something neither of them have achieved....

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Not sure how either of them 'should' get something neither of them have achieved....

Both scored 13 last season and neither had a full season without injury or regular game time.

With both of these things then they “should” manage 15 goals. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Both scored 13 last season and neither had a full season without injury or regular game time.

With both of these things then they “should” manage 15 goals. 

You are delusional. Look back beyond this season and he averages about seven.  Have you asked him how his shoulder is.?

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

You are delusional. Look back beyond this season and he averages about seven.  Have you asked him how his shoulder is.?

Why are you all so annoyed if you say he is not worth it anyway , sounds like you would be disappointed if he signed on with you again