The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’d heard a rumour a few weeks back that we were close to another striker. Didn’t believe it at the time as it’s definitely the last position we need to be filling.

For me, we need at least one more at the back - in addition to Hamilton signing. We’ve lost Sanders and McGinty and only replaced with McMann thus far. Question is Hamilton ready to be relied upon or should we be viewing him as a project?

Imagine we might pick up Hastie too if the price is right but can’t see anyone else coming in.

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

They're all coming down to see their messiah Brown, they'll not be caring about what's on the pitch

Gonnae be some laugh, thousands of grown adults with their arms out, "leTS aLL dO THe BrOoNy,"

8 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Wonder if we will start Watret against Celtic 

I probably would. He's looked promising so far and with it being a friendly that we are already expected to lose anyway, it might be a good opportunity to let him go out and play without any real pressure.

41 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I probably would. He's looked promising so far and with it being a friendly that we are already expected to lose anyway, it might be a good opportunity to let him go out and play without any real pressure.

True thou my worry would be if he’s facing a Maeda and gets torn a new one I know he’s played very well so far but he hasn’t really been tested defensively and even if not Maeda it might be Johnston who would be a challenge still 

6 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm actually surprised that since Bangala's departure, Bullen, Mathie or Smith haven't came out and told us about that signing. I would honestly love to know what he was like in training and how other players felt like when he was on the field. 

None of it made any genuine sense and god knows what sort of scouting went into him, if any.

I'll be proud of him if he was never actually a footballer and has Ali Dia'd us a belter.

Gotta respect the hustle.

8 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ftfy 👍

Agreed, we don't need another striker. A right back/centre mid and centre back 

Given Oakley’s recent injury record, we could probably be doing with a 3rd striker - someone with a bit of pace and movement would be ideal.  Suppose we’d have to move on McKenzie or Bryden for that to happen.

6 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

True thou my worry would be if he’s facing a Maeda and gets torn a new one I know he’s played very well so far but he hasn’t really been tested defensively and even if not Maeda it might be Johnston who would be a challenge still 

The alternative is playing McAllister who is also likely to be rinsed by whatever winger Celtic play so doesn’t make a difference imo. I’ve not been at any of our two friendlies so far but based on reports Watreat should probably be ahead of McAllister in the pecking order this season. 

7 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

That's true, wouldn't want to have a negative impact on his confidence. I'm hoping celtic really play a 2nd/3rd rate side, so that its more a open and we can try stuff out, as opposed to us getting a battering.

With the emergence of watret I'm not as concered as I was about bringing in a RB it will be really interesting to see how he does against Falkirk and Dundee United in the cup, the main position to strengthen for me would be that more attacking midfielder Rus has had a good start in it but I'd say he's out only natural number 8, Dempsey, Syla and Murdoch are more 6's we need some one to provide competition and push him on.

Could Henderson play in that attacking midfield role, definitely looks like he might be able to? Maybe what seems like bringing in extra wingers is really cover for that eventuality?

2 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

With the emergence of watret I'm not as concered as I was about bringing in a RB it will be really interesting to see how he does against Falkirk and Dundee United in the cup, the main position to strengthen for me would be that more attacking midfielder Rus has had a good start in it but I'd say he's out only natural number 8, Dempsey, Syla and Murdoch are more 6's we need some one to provide competition and push him on.

Maybe Walker can play that attacking midfielder role and that's why we're looking at Hastie.  Didn't see much of him last night to suggest he was a great winger.  Only 45 mins I know, but wouldn't see he would be ahead of either Henderson or Murphy.

3 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Could Henderson play in that attacking midfield role, definitely looks like he might be able to? Maybe what seems like bringing in extra wingers is really cover for that eventuality?

Absolutely no chance Henderson going central, final ball is superb and exactly what Dowds and Oakley will be looking for.

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

......................................................says a club who are handing out 2 and 3 year deals to players in their 30's

Murray does talk some amount of pish.  Raith may not be offering more money in absolute terms, but its obvious location plays a part in a players decision.  Partick or Ayr might offer 50 quid a week more to Hanlon, but if he’s based on the east coast then it’s a no brainier to choose Raith.

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

'Pottsy'

ooft.gif

Up there with hearing Ian 'Wrightey' Wright calling the presenter 'Poogs' the other night.