The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Obviously the players outside the starting 11 aren't as strong but on the plus side they're still grinding out points. I don't think it's sustainable though throughout the season if the injuries don't clear up and at some point something will break. Will reserve judgement until the Falkirk and Livi games though to see where we are one way or the other. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Dunno the crap performances roll on and I'm not sure I buy this as much now.  Think we just have a couple good players. 

I don't think you need to be great to win the championship this season. A bit of pace makes all the difference.

I also don't understand why people think that Falkirk are going to go through the season without any challenging periods due to a combination of injuries, suspensions or just simple loss of form in key players. I think we will be up there - I can't see why anyone would write us off at this stage given the circumstances we are in and yet are still undefeated. Dowds is a clear loss but we are not dependent on him in the same way we were with Akinyemi for example.

3 hours ago, Nelson said:

Don’t get too attached to any of them is all I’m saying.  They all break your heart in the end..

Players, managers and hamsters 

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of the best youth set ups built in the country, a millionaire American investor group who have promised huge investment in facilities (which has already started) and increased budgets, club turnover topped £8m  there's over £5m in the bank, and we had a crowd of 9k+ for our opening league game.

We've spent the past decade qualifying for Europe, making the top six, selling folk for millions while having owners who didn't invest or show interest in growing the club.

Our main suites blow virtually every other club in the country out the water in terms of income it generates.

Fair play on you post m8 . I think it’s safe to say that the gulf between our two clubs has grown exponentially since the year of 88 when you got your schooling from Ally’s dream team . Saints are where we want to be , and where we (I believe) are actually going , all be it in the fullness of time . Ayr and Perth are very similar places with very similar catchments so there is no reason we can’t close that gap . 
No farmer gifted us land and no supermarket bought our old ground , so it’s been a long and tough road for plucky little Ayr . So in short it’s very possible that Brown’s head could get turned . If that is the case it’s just another road bump for us . Our trajectory is up and it’s when not if ! Bring on the Ton . 

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

So in short it’s very possible that Brown’s head could get turned . If that is the case it’s just another road bump for us . Our trajectory is up and it’s when not if ! Bring on the Ton . 

It seems like Larnes manager is the target just now, but the media in Scotland is so obsessed with Scott Brown they're driving the narrative it's him.

25 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I also don't understand why people think that Falkirk are going to go through the season without any challenging periods due to a combination of injuries, suspensions or just simple loss of form in key players. I think we will be up there - I can't see why anyone would write us off at this stage given the circumstances we are in and yet are still undefeated. Dowds is a clear loss but we are not dependent on him in the same way we were with Akinyemi for example.

Of course we will but I would also add that we are missing three key players through Injury. Tom Lang and Aidan Nesbitt were outstanding last season but have been out all this season and that’s not to mention Calumn Morrison who is deadly and probably our best player has been out so we are already having injury issues. 

It’s a long season and every team will go through challenges so nobody should be writing anyone off

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

You’ll be getting folk stalking you round the site with that kind of post.

We miss Rus badly and have had two keepers in the last two games, playing behind a makeshift defence. McCann has been one of our best players.

Dunfermline were desperate not to get beat when we played them and did the worst thing possible and conceded first and early. The Brazil 1970 team would have struggled to score.

Saturday was very flat, the keeper made a save he didn’t have to make and then didn’t come for the cross. 

Injuries are absolutely hammering us and despite having a big squad, the talent doesn’t go much far beyond the first choice 11, I’ll give you that. 

It was the tactics that fell short on Saturday and not the players we had to choose from. Had the game run on for another fifteen minutes or we had made changes earlier then we would have edged the game.. Granted it would have been easier having less injuries but we kept that shit show of a formation going until half time. That's on the management team but in their defence they are probably still learning loads as early days in their management career 

13 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It was the tactics that fell short on Saturday and not the players we had to choose from. Had the game run on for another fifteen minutes or we had made changes earlier then we would have edged the game.. Granted it would have been easier having less injuries but we kept that shit show of a formation going until half time. That's on the management team but in their defence they are probably still learning loads as early days in their management career 

I disagree, Howley and Hastie did nothing in the first half and were hooked at half time, Bavidge was moved 3 times and did nothing in any position before coming off. We ended the game better because Syla and McKenzie improved us. Walker was ok going forward but gave a lot away and didn’t do the defending that’s needed. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I disagree, Howley and Hastie did nothing in the first half and were hooked at half time, Bavidge was moved 3 times and did nothing in any position before coming off. We ended the game better because Syla and McKenzie improved us. Walker was ok going forward but gave a lot away and didn’t do the defending that’s needed. 

In the first half it looked like we had 4 in defence, 4 up front and a few in midfield missing as a lot of ground to cover. The defence had lots of the ball and mostly tried to play it out but it kept coming back as not many options. Very difficult to judge some if not really getting much of the ball. The changes at half time brought some presence in midfield and we got more players into the game. Had we been able to take the game to them earlier it would probably have been a different result. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not but apparently Mulligans is the only pub for the busses. 

Owned by a director, good bit of business if it works.

Pubs in the town need to get involved with the club. With the Hub and the only bus running from the vice chairman’s bar, there is no incentive for the “black and white pound” to be spent in the towns pubs

I don’t overly get some of the negativity, albeit I haven’t seen our away games so others are better placed to comment than me. 

In McMann, Rus, Henderson and Watret (on current form, but I appreciate he will most likely dip) we have four players who are stand out players at this level. 

You then have Dempsey who is pushing to be included too, backed up by several other good players at this level in Stanger, Murphy, Musonda and Oakley. On form so far this season, Paddy is in that list too. 

Still plenty to be hopeful about this season, we just need a little luck on the injury front. I very much want to be watching Marco Rus playing football again this weekend!

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

You’ll be getting folk stalking you round the site with that kind of post.

We miss Rus badly and have had two keepers in the last two games, playing behind a makeshift defence. McCann has been one of our best players.

Dunfermline were desperate not to get beat when we played them and did the worst thing possible and conceded first and early. The Brazil 1970 team would have struggled to score.

Saturday was very flat, the keeper made a save he didn’t have to make and then didn’t come for the cross. 

Injuries are absolutely hammering us and despite having a big squad, the talent doesn’t go much far beyond the first choice 11, I’ll give you that. 

If he's so good, why do you keep getting his name wrong? :D 

I wasn't sure about any keeper coming for that ball, he'd have been at full stretch going backwards away from goal, it was poor defending from Hastie to lose his 1v1.

I was at it .and the 3rd top is minted . Sponsor let's it down though.

Mathie didn't deny the rumours about the land behind railway end 

The Club is on an upward trajectory in everything it does . 

Mulligans have agreed to be the venue for busses .

No-one wants the hassle of running bus .

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t overly get some of the negativity, albeit I haven’t seen our away games so others are better placed to comment than me. 

In McMann, Rus, Henderson and Watret (on current form, but I appreciate he will most likely dip) we have four players who are stand out players at this level. 

You then have Dempsey who is pushing to be included too, backed up by several other good players at this level in Stanger, Murphy, Musonda and Oakley. On form so far this season, Paddy is in that list too. 

Still plenty to be hopeful about this season, we just need a little luck on the injury front. I very much want to be watching Marco Rus playing football again this weekend!

Honestly, I think Ben Dempsey has been our best player this year. 

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

If he's so good, why do you keep getting his name wrong?

I have some mental block where I seem to connect 2 players for f**k all reason.

Mickey Donald and Mick Dunlop. Andy Murdoch and Paul Agnew, Scott McMann and Jim McCann