The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, North British said:

I’d say our priorities would be replacement for Harvie (Sean Kelly) and for Kerr himself (Stephen McGinn) plus a keeper and a centre forward(Drinan) , of course a centre half (Peter Hartley) would be usefull as well  . The bracketed names are available but I’m aware of our place in the pecking order so I won’t hold my breath ... over to you Mr Kerr .

So a goalkeeper is not a priority? Bold

Michael Doyle

Steven Saunders

Fraser Kerr

Sam Wardrop

Joe Thomson

All showing as available on the not quite up to date PFA Scotland list and all fit under our 'could do a job' policy. 

Michael Doyle
Steven Saunders
Fraser Kerr
Sam Wardrop
Joe Thomson
All showing as available on the not quite up to date PFA Scotland list and all fit under our 'could do a job' policy. 

Joe Thomson signed for Derry a couple of weeks back. I only remember because I was gutted we never got him.

I’d take Doyle. Not overly enamoured with the rest of them.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Joe Thomson signed for Derry a couple of weeks back. I only remember because I was gutted we never got him.

I’d take Doyle. Not overly enamoured with the rest of them.

Just as well I added it wasn't up to date, wasn't sure on any of them. 

Paddy Boyle is there too. 

Goal keeper shouldn’t be too hard as all the big clubs have one or two young ones they won’t play but would like playing elsewhere . Think the 20 year old equivalent of Robbie or Ross .... 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Scott Mercer is on there but I can’t for the life of me tenner if he’s a left back or right back. If it’s the former then he would be my number 1 target should Harvie move on. 

Mercer is an attacking Right back who can also play LB. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

19 minutes ago, North British said:

If 8 is the number then there maybe some shocks in there ....... 

More than likely to be younger players , there will be a a few of the furloughed I would expect , I still think we will have a squad of around 17/18 players capable of playing at this level week in week out along with 2/3 of the younger boys , a squad of about 20 should be enough with the number of games being cut , will also have another transfer window to help if we are carrying injuries , nearly every team will be in same situation 

I'm not too worried about the player situation as I still believe it's a buyers market (as it were) as there's going to be lots of Premier league (and equivalent level) players released and looking for clubs. There will also be many clubs worse off than ourselves financially and although we're losing quite a few it also frees up wages to sign new players.

As for squad size being reduced, I'd always take quality over quantity and we've definitely got a few youngsters who are good enough to be at least squad players, so all in all I'm pretty confident that we'll be fine.

Since Kerr has spoken to the Ayr Advertiser hopefully he might be on the back page of the Ayrshire Post with some updates. An interview with AU Media would be better though.

Also I hope this new shop/office/social club plan won't affect the money for players budgets etc. It's all good having a nice fancy new complex at the front of Somerset but as long as we don't end up in league 1 because of it.

The design plans look very modern which means it's going to make the rest of the place a bit more run down looking lol. A lot of tlc will be in order at Somerset to brighten it up, which Robbo has indicated is already in the plan thankfully.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Who were the others?

All youngsters I think. Murphy and one other who had been on loan all season and did very well were the only names. Was a bit unsure about posting it online as it doesn't seem to be official yet.  One had an offer at Brechin but wasnt interested. 

Edited by Hursty

10 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'm not too worried about the player situation as I still believe it's a buyers market (as it were) as there's going to be lots of Premier league (and equivalent level) players released and looking for clubs.

Worth mentioning that all the top flight clubs have already released players they intend to lose, and a fair whack have already found new clubs.

There won't be many left by the end of September at the rate its going.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning that all the top flight clubs have already released players they intend to lose, and a fair whack have already found new clubs.

There won't be many left by the end of September at the rate its going.

Already on the case , some of them may already have agreed terms with Ayr !!!! Can’t see Ayr still hunting for players in late September 

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Since Kerr has spoken to the Ayr Advertiser hopefully he might be on the back page of the Ayrshire Post with some updates. An interview with AU Media would be better though.

Also I hope this new shop/office/social club plan won't affect the money for players budgets etc. It's all good having a nice fancy new complex at the front of Somerset but as long as we don't end up in league 1 because of it.

The design plans look very modern which means it's going to make the rest of the place a bit more run down looking lol. A lot of tlc will be in order at Somerset to brighten it up, which Robbo has indicated is already in the plan thankfully.

New Hub will not affect playing budget ,