The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

My money is on Aaron McCarey who last played for Ross County. Played down south on loan for a few English teams as well.

Sandy Stewart would’ve known him from his brief time as a coach at Ross County and maybe recommended him.

Fits the bill perfectly [emoji23], sign him up

Was scouting for McCall  watching opponents before he went to Ross county with Owen Coyle, hope his signing doesn't impact on the Murdoch signing or I'll be really disappointed,  and surely must have seen a few keepers in his time.

10 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Are you happy with your squad

whats areas need to be filled?

I think players like Rose, Crawford, McDaid, Shankland etc will all easily be good enough for the championship however we’re still a good bit short at the minute. Based on the current squad I can’t see us finishing any higher than 9th however if we can get a GK, CB and CM( Murdoch preferably) then I’d be a lot more optimistic of midtble. Alloa being part time are probably a shoe in to finish bottom while I think we’ll be competing with QOTS, Morton and Inverness to avoid 9th. The rest will be fighting for the title and promotion playoffs imo. 

35 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Are you happy with your squad

whats areas need to be filled?

Goalkeeper and Andy Murdoch and I'd settle. 

I'm sure Mccall and Stewart will have the boys fit as f**k and trained for positions better, giving versatility across the field. 

The difference we have from recent seasons is that we have lots of young hungry players, many of whom could potentially go a long way in the game.

Guys like Shankland & Moore are only 22 and then we have Rose, McDaid, Forrest, Harvie & McGuffie who are all under 22 and Robbie Crawford only 23, the point is that they are all improving year on year and nobody really knows how good they could all be. I for one have been very impressed with them and believe that keeping them together as a team can only benefit their development further.

In previous years we've been full of League 1 and bottom end Championship journeymen, many of whom have been coming to the end of their careers, we knew and everyone else knew what kind of job they did and also their limitations, this team on the other hand are the complete opposite and that is what makes the coming season so exciting for many of us Ayr fans, as we really don't know just how good these guys could be and how far they could maybe take us.

It's always good to dream as without hope you have nothing......................

47 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The difference we have from recent seasons is that we have lots of young hungry players, many of whom could potentially go a long way in the game.

Guys like Shankland & Moore are only 22 and then we have Rose, McDaid, Forrest, Harvie & McGuffie who are all under 22 and Robbie Crawford only 23, the point is that they are all improving year on year and nobody really knows how good they could all be. I for one have been very impressed with them and believe that keeping them together as a team can only benefit their development further.

In previous years we've been full of League 1 and bottom end Championship journeymen, many of whom have been coming to the end of their careers, we knew and everyone else knew what kind of job they did and also their limitations, this team on the other hand are the complete opposite and that is what makes the coming season so exciting for many of us Ayr fans, as we really don't know just how good these guys could be and how far they could maybe take us.

It's always good to dream as without hope you have nothing......................

All true but we still don't have the other players necessary to help them shine, still a few weeks of hope to go.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Murdoch? McRorie? and who else possibly Ferguson but I doubt that now.Screenshot_20180710-111108_Twitter.jpg

I’m 99% it won’t be McCrorie. That deal is more or less dead. Murdoch, a keeper and hopefully a utility defender.

Murdoch, a Goalkeeper and Jason Talbot, who last played for Dunfermline on a freebie :-) 

Do we really want Ferguson? Do we really? 

Edited by Roxanne's man
Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to give me pink eye?