The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

52 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah bit of a fail on their part, with fans not allowed in I think  the  part time fans will drift away a bit.

Yeah I fall into this bracket due to where I live now and having a young family means I can’t do the 100 mile round trip for home games. I watch all the highlights and interviews usually. I already subscribe to the lottery and buy merchandise so it’s a bit annoying to have to pay for the highlights going forward.  Not sure if I’ll bother tbh

Edited by ecocme

Seems to be more going on with Anderson than is apparent. As mentioned perhaps a difficult time for traveling players due to covid. Can’t always expect too much from young loan signings and may allow for some movement in January. I wonder who the top earners are in our squad and how that matches up to performances on the pitch. Would imagine Walsh and Zannatta wont be too far away and getting more of these players firing will change our fortunes. Kerr selecting himself doesn’t exactly send out encouraging signals 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With the latest vaccine announcement, anybody still holding onto hope that we’ll (or at least some of us) be back at Somerset in the 20/21 season? 

Feels like things are going the other way.  Pretty much every fixture in English league 1 last night was postponed due to covid outbreaks.  The Rochdale club doctor has said that football should be stopped.  If that’s reflective of a wider view, then wouldn’t be surprised to see things paused for 2/3 weeks through January.

Marc Kerr Stats as our manager
Played 35 Won 13 Drawn 8 Lost 14
For 43 Against 48. For record purposes I have included last month's shootout against Stranraer as a win but the shootout goals are, of course, excluded. His win ratio is 37%.

For any anoraks, see below.

Championship/First Division stats for Kerr, McCall & Reid. I always find PPG to be an easy metric. For McCall I've shown an additional total excluding 16/17 as we were part time. I included Reid for completeness.

There can be no doubt we are underperforming in terms of results (setting performances to one side), my view is 2018/19 should be the benchmark so we should be achieving an average of 1.5 points per game.

I couldn't be fecked doing goals for and against.

Screenshot_20201230-153251_Sheets.jpg

18 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Certainly is sh*te that the club will soon be charging to watch the highlights and post match interviews. Don't think I'll bother paying for it either but its disappointing that the club will be engaging less with "part time" fans

Aye i don't agree with it, especially under the circumstances where no fans are allowed so you're relying 100% on online footage of games.

Bizarre decision making 

Edited by rb123!

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

In principle, I think any content that was free before should really stay free in some form

2 hours ago, ecocme said:

I watch all the highlights and interviews usually. I already subscribe to the lottery and buy merchandise so it’s a bit annoying to have to pay for the highlights going forward.

11 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Certainly is sh*te that the club will soon be charging to watch the highlights and post match interviews.

I am hopeful that highlights (in some form) will be freely available. My understanding is there will be improvements to the video player on the site as well. Apart from that, I know as much as anyone else at the moment!

3 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I am hopeful that highlights (in some form) will be freely available. My understanding is there will be improvements to the video player on the site as well. Apart from that, I know as much as anyone else at the moment!

That would be great if true. Always enjoy your highlights wuffster

36 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Certainly is sh*te that the club will soon be charging to watch the highlights and post match interviews. Don't think I'll bother paying for it either but its disappointing that the club will be engaging less with "part time" fans

It would be quite short-sighted to charge for basic content such as post-match interview or regular highlights. I realise the club will be looking to maximise revenue but the way to do that is to have sufficiently value-add content that free users can be tempted to subscribe. For example, having extended highlights where either the manager, assistant or even one of the senior players provides commentary would be worth paying for in my opinion and would be a clear differentiator from the free tier.

I do think that the club should be applauded for looking to create a revenue stream from this - and the content does seem promising so far.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:
Marc Kerr Stats as our manager
Played 35 Won 13 Drawn 8 Lost 14
For 43 Against 48. For record purposes I have included last month's shootout against Stranraer as a win but the shootout goals are, of course, excluded. His win ratio is 37%.

Who replaces him then? 

Who replaces him then? 

This is why I’d rather we held off to the summer before making any changes. We sack him now then we’re looking at the same names that were being touted when McCall left and most of them were fairly unimpressive.

At least at the end of the season managers at other clubs will be out of contract and might be looking to move. The only danger with this is that any out of contract player may move on due to any uncertainty.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Who replaces him then? 

It's nowhere near bad enough to consider the desperados kicking about looking for work.  Christ, Ross County thought John Hughes was the best available to them and that should tell you absolutely plenty.  

I still think we are miles away from a potential Kerr sacking.  He'd need to really balls up this season (8th or lower) IMO.

Worth remembering that he still doesn't have a full season worth of games under his leadership, it's been a lot longer in time than in football time.  

I'm no staunch defender of anyone who hasn't done good enough at Ayr (often accused of being too critical), I think he's done a really average job so far (which given circumstances gives me hope). 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is why I’d rather we held off to the summer before making any changes. We sack him now then we’re looking at the same names that were being touted when McCall left and most of them were fairly unimpressive.

At least at the end of the season managers at other clubs will be out of contract and might be looking to move. The only danger with this is that any out of contract player may move on due to any uncertainty.

Aye, Sacking Kerr at this stage would be a bit mental unless we had someone else lined up. I’ve said it a few times but he shouldn’t be sacked at the moment however his appointment was the wrong one.

I really don’t get the John Hughes dislike to be honest. There is no doubt he was a disaster at Raith but he’s been a success at other clubs. He won the Scottish cup at ICT for goodness sake. 

3 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:

I can understand the club wanting some extra income whilst there is no fans at the games. It's just disappointing that it seems to work shite on an iPad. I certainly wont be paying for it when I can only watch half of the videos posted. It's good news to hear Wuffster say he believes the highlights will still be free 

I’m sure Hughes is a good coach but it’s pretty much accepted that when it comes to recruitment he’s fucking awful. It’s also hard not to dislike the man when you hear him talk. Seems to be all about him and what he’s achieved.

56 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure Hughes is a good coach but it’s pretty much accepted that when it comes to recruitment he’s fucking awful. It’s also hard not to dislike the man when you hear him talk. Seems to be all about him and what he’s achieved.

There’s yer John ‘Yogi’ Hughes masterminding a stunning victory for Ross County at Easter Road.

What. A. Man

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There’s yer John ‘Yogi’ Hughes masterminding a stunning victory for Ross County at Easter Road.

What. A. Man

He's a great coach. You just don't put him in charge of signings. He gets pelters for Raith but those players were utter shite bags. His teams always try to play the passing game as well, its not hoof ball.

Edited by Trogdor