The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

On the bench more than the park in a terrible team 

A team that had an overweight McKernon and a hugely overweight Ryan Stevenson starting every week in the second half of the season as well. 

29 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If Hopkin is looking at Morton for new signings, there are solid Championship players among the squad he built. If you were to sign the likes of McAdams, Ledger or Jacobs from us then you'd be adding solid players who are better than what you have in their positions. They could be part of a team competing in the top half of the division if they aren't surrounded by shite.

On the other hand, if he's looking at the likes of Salkeld, Sean McGinty and Kalvin Orsi, then you're signing players who are miles out of their depth at this level and we don't even want to keep for League One.

I know Morton fans really aren’t fans of David Hopkin (understandably so) however am I right in saying one thing he is good at is having a good relationship with his players? 

So it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they’d be interested in linking up with him again. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I know Morton fans really aren’t fans of David Hopkin (understandably so) however am I right in saying one thing he is good at is having a good relationship with his players? 

So it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they’d be interested in linking up with him again. 

Yeah, plenty seem to adore him and talk about him being one of the best coaches they've ever worked with, so no doubt they'd happy to follow.

There are a few who appear to despise him, right enough :lol:

Anyone think we have a chance of Cameron and/or Toderov ?

Todorov away to Dundee apparently but he was someone I had thought of. I’d probably take Cameron back after how he did with Alloa.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Todorov away to Dundee apparently but he was someone I had thought of. I’d probably take Cameron back after how he did with Alloa.

The Cameron love in is a very strange one for me, I honestly can't remember any of our fans wanting him playing at the time he was with us and granted he didn't get much of a chance, however the reality is that he showed very little for us, and Alloa, despite his few goals, still finished bottom and quite a bit adrift of an absolutely shocking league.

Same can be said for lots of these Morton players we're supposedly being linked with and being honest I'd just as soon keep some of our own "duds" as opposed to signing new ones who actually failed even more than our own.

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Same can be said for lots of these Morton players we're supposedly being linked with

Those rumours are not being said  by anyone connected to the club or local media  , I would be surprised if we were interested in anymore than 2 of their squad 

26 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The Cameron love in is a very strange one for me, I honestly can't remember any of our fans wanting him playing at the time he was with us and granted he didn't get much of a chance, however the reality is that he showed very little for us, and Alloa, despite his few goals, still finished bottom and quite a bit adrift of an absolutely shocking league.

Same can be said for lots of these Morton players we're supposedly being linked with and being honest I'd just as soon keep some of our own "duds" as opposed to signing new ones who actually failed even more than our own.

Why would anyone be demanding he played when we had no idea what he was actually like as he barely played....

He then went to Alloa and it became clear he is far better than any of our other options. Your comment about Alloa only says more about his performances.  

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why would anyone be demanding he played when we had no idea what he was actually like as he barely played....

He then went to Alloa and it became clear he is far better than any of our other options. Your comment about Alloa only says more about his performances.  

People need to realise he was injured and unable to play  for over half his time on loan to us , don’t think we wanted to take the chance of extending his loan due to the injury , which possibly turned out to be wrong decision 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

People need to realise he was injured and unable to play  for over half his time on loan to us , don’t think we wanted to take the chance of extending his loan due to the injury , which possibly turned out to be wrong decision 

Fair enough point. It obviously only really became an issue when it was evident how bad Dre Wright was. We obviously let Anderson and Cameron go and only brought one striker in too. 

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If Hopkin is looking at Morton for new signings, there are solid Championship players among the squad he built. If you were to sign the likes of McAdams, Ledger or Jacobs from us then you'd be adding solid players who are better than what you have in their positions. They could be part of a team competing in the top half of the division if they aren't surrounded by shite.

On the other hand, if he's looking at the likes of Salkeld, Sean McGinty and Kalvin Orsi, then you're signing players who are miles out of their depth at this level and we don't even want to keep for League One.

Totally agree on these three and would throw in Lyon, Nesbitt (if McCowan goes) and Fjortoft (mentioned by D'Jaffo earlier) as well as players we should be looking at. 

I'm not saying we should sign everyone of the players mentioned before anybody misquotes me. 

Just out of interest Dunning, what's the general consensus on the 3 players I've quoted? 

I get the natural reaction is that they've been part of, let's be honest, a poor Morton team. For the better players in the squad it's not to say it'll define their careers elsewhere. 

Edited by BukyOHare

I suspect he wasn't fit when he was at Ayr. At Alloa he looked decent enough.

40 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Fair enough point. It obviously only really became an issue when it was evident how bad Dre Wright was. We obviously let Anderson and Cameron go and only brought one striker in too. 

Not bringing in a forward was a major concern, there must have been someone out there that could have done a job , I think Wright was a knee jerk reaction by previous management but Hopkin did have time to rectify it but for some reason didn’t 

12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not bringing in a forward was a major concern, there must have been someone out there that could have done a job , I think Wright was a knee jerk reaction by previous management but Hopkin did have time to rectify it but for some reason didn’t 

There most definitely was - Hamilton and Tiffoney for two! Would be interesting to know what drew Kerr and McArdle to Wright instead!

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

His career record is 1 in 3 which isn't bad but also not great given the levels, however I'd doubt he'd have score half of his Alloa haul playing for us given that we didn't create anything so would be hard to give a read across.

Craig Moore way ahead of him in my opinion, any day of the week.

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There most definitely was - Hamilton and Tiffoney for two! Would be interesting to know what drew Kerr and McArdle to Wright instead!

Tiffoney another No No for me, given what I saw of him last year.

Unless i'm mistaken in location the piece of land we allegedly own at Heathfield has a planning application for a housing development.

Wonder if Mr Smith has taken the land of LC and going to build Ashleigh houses on it.

Also regarding us purchasing the car park off of Kirkwood, i wonder if that means he isn't going ahead with his housing development behind the railway end, surely wouldn't sell his share of the proposed through road to the houses if he was still going ahead with it

Edited by rb123!