The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Aaron Drinan?

May be who @Finlay21 was referring to as our striker signing who the fans would be pleased with

Drinan is the most overrated player I’ve seen for us in the last decade. A large percentage of our support seem to see in him something I didn’t. We need a goal scorer. Drinan isn’t that 

8 hours ago, bazka6 said:

This expectation that Burnley will provide players ready to make an impact for Ayr is bugging me, I hope it happens however seems like a long shot.

Are there any of our own Academy players with a shot of breaking through? Ecrepont aside.

Ecrepont seems to have been “breaking through” for about 3 years now. 

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Drinan is the most overrated player I’ve seen for us in the last decade. A large percentage of our support seem to see in him something I didn’t. We need a goal scorer. Drinan isn’t that 

Wow ,did you go to games with a blindfold on when he was here ? As a nine he'd still be able to get double figures ,but I'd say he's way out of our league on cost .

8 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Wow ,did you go to games with a blindfold on when he was here ? As a nine he'd still be able to get double figures ,but I'd say he's way out of our league on cost .

I saw the home games he played in. I found him a bit meh. We have enough “attacking” players who struggle to score goals. An out and out striker is what we need

I think Drinan limits the way you can play if he’s your first choice striker but even then I think he’d probably hit double figures in a 36 game season. I’d rather we looked elsewhere though and I think we will.

I'd be very surprised if Todorov ended up at Ayr not because I expect him to necessarily stay with us but more that he has been linked with sides in the top tier and Dundee were rumoured to be sniffing around recently as well. I expect he may have better offers on the table than what we can offer the guy. Maybe a co ownership deal might work...

Edited by RiG

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'd be very surprised if Todorov ended up at Ayr not because I expect him to necessarily stay with us but more that he has been linked with sides in the top tier and Dundee were rumoured to be sniffing around recently as well. I expect he may have better offers on the table than what we can offer the guy. Maybe a co ownership deal might work...

I heard Dundee were sniffing around him prior to their promotion but not sure if he’s good enough for the top flight 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw the home games he played in. I found him a bit meh. We have enough “attacking” players who struggle to score goals. An out and out striker is what we need

Ok if we can get a 20 plus goals a season to come in with a proven track record then I'm all ears . I thought the remit was a target man in the Ally Graham mode  ,with a goal scorer at no 10 .

I can't think of anyone in our range that will be able to do that . But I'd be delighted to be proven wrong .

Knowing our luck, we’ll sign Shankland on 5k a week, be a huge deal for the club only for us to spend the first half of the season belting high balls at him.

if it is someone the fans will be pleased with, it must be someone either in the division that has done well or someone that is near the end of their career elsewhere, or someone that was with us before. They will presumably be a free or a loan and it’s too early to announce loans.

Dundee - doubt any of their players will be walking that they would want to keep and if they don’t want to keep them I doubt we will want them

Inverness - Todorov, outside chance

Raith - Vaughn has signed a new deal, don’t think they have anyone else of note that Ayr fans wouldn’t have something to complain about

QOTS - unless it is 45 year old Dobbie, they like Raith would be short in players to pick.

Morton - No

Dunfermline - McManus normally hangs about for 18 months before leaving, not much of a big lump

Arbroath - no

Alloa - Cameron has signed an extension with Kilmarnock, fans wouldn’t be pleased even if he did come to us

Hearts - No

looking at the Premier, within our scope

Forrest - Unlikely

Nicky Clark - unlikely

Billy McKay - maybe

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2021 at 22:19, Finlay21 said:

We will be happy with our reported centre forward 

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2021 at 22:19, Finlay21 said:

We will be happy with our reported centre forward 

Cant think outside of Drinan , White or Toderov for a target man type … None of them would have the fan's drooling . Also all three are probably beyond us . Who from the Premiership do we have an association with, that might take a drop ?

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Loan or permanent signing? I partially expected us to possibly go back in for him as McCall tried to get him in January. But would also make sense if he was at Ayr given he used to play for him

Thought about him as well, but can't be described as a centre forward . Now if you guys are kicking out Brian Graham ,well maybe ...