The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The signs are there that Fox has been on the decline for the past few seasons. 

If the rumours are to be believed, I can't believe we've raided Cappielow and not going for McAdams. In my opinion he was above average for the league last season. I don't see why teams wouldn't target him.

Still only 22, a very talented keeper, gaining experience and learning all the time with plenty of upside to develop and be with us for the long term, or for us to sell on. 

I wonder why Hopkin doesnt fancy him, unless he's got better offers already. Fascinated to see who we are getting. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

If the rumours are to be believed, I can't believe we've raided Cappielow and not going for McAdams. In my opinion he was above average for the league last season. I don't see why teams wouldn't target him.

Still only 22, a very talented keeper, gaining experience and learning all the time with plenty of upside to develop and be with us for the long term, or for us to sell on. 

I wonder why Hopkin doesnt fancy him, unless he's got better offers already. Fascinated to see who we are getting. 

Could be to do with rumoured off field issues 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Would we not have to pay a development fee? 

Ideally I'd love Doohan back but I can't see that happening, if we can get half decent keeper in I'd be fairly happy with the defence we need to find that old fashioned number 9 that we have been look for since Shankland left and they don't grow on trees unfortunately and a goal scoring number 10 to play behind him then I'd be confident we would be mid table pushing for top four.

I wouldn’t be too unhappy with Danny Rogers tbh. He had a bad time at Killie but I think he did quite well at this level before with Dumbarton and Falkirk. He was okay at Morton as well.

I wouldn’t be too unhappy with Danny Rogers tbh. He had a bad time at Killie but I think he did quite well at this level before with Dumbarton and Falkirk. He was okay at Morton as well.
Was player of the year at Dumbarton, picked as keeper in the championship team of the season when with Falkirk and played for the international football for the ROI not that long ago, maybe has a point to prove to his previous employer up the A77 could be a good shout.

58 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t want Danny Rogers anywhere near Somerset unless he’s here with a visiting team. He’s absolutely woeful now. I also hope we don’t go looking at Colin Doyle. Two worse keepers you’d struggle to find 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We are being linked with McCowan. What's he like? Could be be a first team starter in the top flight? 

His problem with us was consistency, actually quite similar to Alan Forrest where he could blow hot and cold. If he  turns it on he's going to be a real asset. I'm maybe being harsh on the consistency side though based on last season as you know how much of a bin fire we had around him, he was one of the few that was showing any form of passion towards the end.

He's absolutely suited to a team that is looking to push forwards on the ground quickly and attack rather than one shelling long balls. He's got the ability to step up just needs to make that final step of doing it regularly, which he will with the right coaching.

We are being linked with McCowan. What's he like? Could be be a first team starter in the top flight? 
I believe he could, with the right coaching there is no reason he can't flourish at that level. He has a lot of talent and has way, way more upside than McDaid.

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

His problem with us was consistency, actually quite similar to Alan Forrest where he could blow hot and cold. If he  turns it on he's going to be a real asset. I'm maybe being harsh on the consistency side though based on last season as you know how much of a bin fire we had around him, he was one of the few that was showing any form of passion towards the end.

He's absolutely suited to a team that is looking to push forwards on the ground quickly and attack rather than one shelling long balls. He's got the ability to step up just needs to make that final step of doing it regularly, which he will with the right coaching.

I know you lads don't have the fondest of memories of McDaid but can we safely say he'd be an easy upgrade on him?

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know you lads don't have the fondest of memories of McDaid but can we safely say he'd be an easy upgrade on him?

I wouldn’t say an ‘easy upgrade’ but certainly an upgrade. I was one of the minority who actually quite liked McDaid. 

Matured a lot this season when he first broke in to the first team he had a tendency to let his head go down and when that happened was a red card waiting to happen but seems to have grown out if that, he could be a really good signing and a upgrade on McDaid hope he goes to you because he's been linked with Killie as well.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I wouldn’t say an ‘easy upgrade’ but certainly an upgrade. I was one of the minority who actually quite liked McDaid. 

Aye I'd agree with this.  He is a better footballer than McDaid and a much better finisher but McDaid was quicker and a bit more direct (I also liked McDaid).   

Big move for him career wise wherever he goes - if he can keep improving attitude wise that would be a huge start

Edited by Hursty

Aye he’s a better player than McDaid. I’m not entirely sure how he’ll cope with the step up to the Premiership given he’s not the most consistent right now but on his day he’ll be a handful for the majority of the teams in that league.