The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

That Thistle squad isn’t up to much, best of a terrible bunch in League 1. Much of the same players that got relegated from this league, that’s not to say they won’t add well. 

We definitely need to add a few to compete near the top end of the league for sure, but most of our key players this season could not really be considered as part of the team who got relegated. Tiffoney, Bell, Foster, Docherty all joined this season, Graham and Brownlie were only at the club a matter of weeks before the leagues shut down, and Rudden was injured. Cardle & Bannigan are the only 2 I’d say were key this season who were properly part of the relegation side. 

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Partick obviously giving him a massive budget.

McCall says it’s a lower budget than what we had when he first came back to us (ie what Caldwell was given) - Take from that what you will. 

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

We definitely need to add a few to compete near the top end of the league for sure, but most of our key players this season could not really be considered as part of the team who got relegated. Tiffoney, Bell, Foster, Docherty all joined this season, Graham and Brownlie were only at the club a matter of weeks before the leagues shut down, and Rudden was injured. Cardle & Bannigan are the only 2 I’d say were key this season who were properly part of the relegation side. 

McCall says it’s a lower budget than what we had when he first came back to us (ie what Caldwell was given) - Take from that what you will. 

How have Ross Docherty’s paper mache knees held up so far? 

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How have Ross Docherty’s paper mache knees held up so far? 

He had an injury but it was when the leagues shut down in January. Ironically, he actually benefited from the season being postponed for a couple months as he was fit pretty much as soon as we started up again. 

So guys who do we want upfront? 

No idea but our main guy has to be able to score 10 goals in this league imo. Todorov seems to be away to Livingston.

If we’re in the market for 3 strikers then I could see Hopkin going for a more experienced striker, a guy who’s been doing quite well at a lower level and a young loan from a bigger club i.e Burnley.

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No idea but our main guy has to be able to score 10 goals in this league imo. Todorov seems to be away to Livingston.

If we’re in the market for 3 strikers then I could see Hopkin going for a more experienced striker, a guy who’s been doing quite well at a lower level and a young loan from a bigger club i.e Burnley.

Is he? Other than one ICT fan mentioning it I’ve seen no other mention and not been reported anywhere 

14 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Don’t quite know why he’d be back, he’s got no real links to the club other than he was on loan here with the last manager 

Hopkin would have seen him play for us while he was manager of Morton, maybe impressed by what he saw?

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

more experienced striker

Billy Mckay. I'd like to think Ayr could get him. Mckay beside an attacking young Burnley loanee with another backup striker on the bench 😊

Jordan White?  Devante Cole?  

Has Rafa de Vita still got a few games in him? 

This expectation that Burnley will provide players ready to make an impact for Ayr is bugging me, I hope it happens however seems like a long shot.

Are there any of our own Academy players with a shot of breaking through? Ecrepont aside.