The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

More than likely  season tickets will be announced before any new signings I

Think they've missed a trick with not releasing them straight after FT in the playoff final. Might have got a wee bounce from people who normally don't buy them. 
In terms of what we're needing, we are probably missing a midfield thug to be our anchor and let the other two do the running. (I'm assuming we're set on 5-3-2). Not sure a young loan player would play this role. 

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Walsh is taking to The Caley about a return apparently.  Can't say I'm too excited at the prospect of that.

He wasn’t great last year, I really expected more from him but it never materialised. No doubt he will resign for caley and play a blinder against us lol 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

He wasn’t great last year, I really expected more from him but it never materialised. No doubt he will resign for caley and play a blinder against us lol 

The reason he moved was to be closer to his family (from Irvine I believe) so I'm surprised if the Twitter rumour has any weight.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The reason he moved was to be closer to his family (from Irvine I believe) so I'm surprised if the Twitter rumour has any weight.

Family is from Troon but near enough . I think there is a girlfriend in Girvan as well . Perhaps that isn't a thing anymore ..

1 minute ago, Dauntless said:

Family is from Troon but near enough . I think there is a girlfriend in Girvan as well . Perhaps that isn't a thing anymore ..

I saw him in Girvan about a month ago pushing a pram. Surely it would make sense to stay with us and be close to “home” rather than uproot and go elsewhere 

Walsh might be of more use if we get a centre forward that’s able to attack the crosses he puts in. Some of his delivery was ok last season but at the same time pointless as we’d nobody in the box!

I dunno about Walsh. He seems to be made of chocolate and by all accounts we won't be playing with wingers (if we go 5-3-2, it'll be the wing backs puting the crosses in) so I'm not sure why we'd re-sign him tbh. He could put some good balls in on his day and knew where the goal was but he was also a bit lazy.  

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I dunno about Walsh. He seems to be made of chocolate and by all accounts we won't be playing with wingers (if we go 5-3-2, it'll be the wing backs puting the crosses in) so I'm not sure why we'd re-sign him tbh. He could put some good balls in on his day and knew where the goal was but he was also a bit lazy.  

His favourite position to play is in the number 10 behind the strikers so maybe he could play there for us.  He gives us options to play in a different way 

Surely still useful to have wingers in the squad so we can change it up? Or are we going to stick to 5-3-2 all season regardless of results and be very predictable in the way we play

23 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Surely still useful to have wingers in the squad so we can change it up? Or are we going to stick to 5-3-2 all season regardless of results and be very predictable in the way we play

Mixing it up is a good thing but then would Walsh be happy not starting each week? I suspect he wouldn't be. 

I suspect we'll be shelling long balls to a big forward and playing for second balls. It can be effective at this level, I don't really care how we win football matches just as long as we actually win them!

Going by the 2 games I've seen him in this season, McGinty is fucking waaaaaash. He may have been decent in the other 30 odd games Morton played of course.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Going by the 2 games I've seen him in this season, McGinty is fucking waaaaaash. He may have been decent in the other 30 odd games Morton played of course.

He wasnt. It’s genuinely a baffling signing and clear evidence that Hopkin shouldn’t of been trusted to build a squad.