The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Loan or permanent signing? I partially expected us to possibly go back in for him as McCall tried to get him in January. But would also make sense if he was at Ayr given he used to play for him

Just posted in the Partick Thistle thread wondering if you'd be after him again!

What are we still needing? Presuming Todd and Walsh are both offski I’d say we’re looking at 

1 x GK

Defence- we’re well covered in this area with 4x centre backs and 5x wingbacks.

Midfield- Could do with 2 here imo. One more defensive to compete with Chalmers, Murdoch and Miller and a more attacking midfielder to play behind the two strikers 

Strikers- We need two as a bare minimum and both need to be coming in as starters. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I'd be very surprised if Todorov ended up at Ayr not because I expect him to necessarily stay with us but more that he has been linked with sides in the top tier and Dundee were rumoured to be sniffing around recently as well. I expect he may have better offers on the table than what we can offer the guy. Maybe a co ownership deal might work...

Ok, the deal is you keep him and we take 12 points from you?

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What are we still needing? Presuming Todd and Walsh are both offski I’d say we’re looking at 

1 x GK

Defence- we’re well covered in this area with 4x centre backs and 5x wingbacks.

Midfield- Could do with 2 here imo. One more defensive to compete with Chalmers, Murdoch and Miller and a more attacking midfielder to play behind the two strikers 

Strikers- We need two as a bare minimum and both need to be coming in as starters. 

Would Moffat maybe be the attacking midfielder we are looking for? He is no longer a striker but believe he still has a lot to offer

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Would Moffat maybe be the attacking midfielder we are looking for? He is no longer a striker but believe he still has a lot to offer

Not for me. I love the guy but he should be no more than an impact player this season. 

Not for me. I love the guy but he should be no more than an impact player this season. 
Aye I think moff is still a good option for an attacking midfielder role, however we should be signing a starter for this position and using moff as back up

There's a lack of quality strikers at all levels of the game at the moment, hence the reason guys like Shankland and Nisbet get snapped up so quickly. I'm afraid anyone looking for a "20+ goals a season striker" is going to be sadly disappointed, especially with the style of play we're more than likely going to be adopting.

For what it's worth I think Drinan would be a perfect fit for a Hopkin team, however as others have said he's likely to be way out of our reach nowadays.

Who knows, we may pull an unknown gem from the Burnley U23 side as it did seem to be packed with Foreign U21 International quality but other than that it's more than likely someone who's been round the houses and failed to set the heather alight.

41 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Assuming they’ll try and announce season tickets at a similar time as a more exciting signing...

More than likely  season tickets will be announced before any new signings I