The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

By all accounts Hopkin (or one of the coaches) were the ones who got the “no heart...” banner taken down at the QOS game. My mate is a steward and he says that the stadium guy was quite happy to have it up there but Hopkin or a coach said to get it down. Maybe they’d resort to screenshots as well 😑

Funnily I also heard this from a couple of people. Bizarre that Hopkin was then in the paper saying he understood fans frustration. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Funnily I also heard this from a couple of people. Bizarre that Hopkin was then in the paper saying he understood fans frustration. 

I don’t think it’s true , that would have been mentioned on here long before now if it was , I heard Hopkin at half time mentioned to the players if they had seen it and said how much it means to the fans for this club to survive in league , Moffat even came out and said something about how it drove them in , we can have a go at Hopkin for things he does  wrong a d  not just by comments which have no substance 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah I had to laugh when I saw that in the AP after him or his crew were the ones getting it removed. Probably just wanted to curry favour with the fans by giving fake platitudes 

To be fair, he can want it taken down, and also believe in the sentiment.

He probably knew well before then that the there were players not exactly busting a gut to stay in the league.

And the sight of the banner was maybe just going to add fuel to their already lazy fire.

Who knows…

39 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

To be fair, he can want it taken down, and also believe in the sentiment.

He probably knew well before then that the there were players not exactly busting a gut to stay in the league.

And the sight of the banner was maybe just going to add fuel to their already lazy fire.

Who knows…

Just find it strange that none of the fans involved seem to have posted on any Ayr forum about being asked to remove and the reasons , and it only comes out now about 7 weeks later through another source , can’t imagine Hopkin was interested in a banner being showed and asked for its removal 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Just find it strange that none of the fans involved seem to have posted on any Ayr forum about being asked to remove and the reasons , and it only comes out now about 7 weeks later through another source 

My mate says when the banner went up it was radioed through and asked if it was to be removed. The stadium guy said it was ok to keep it up. A few mins later they were told to tell the guys to remove it as the “manger” wasn’t happy and wanted it down. Not sure if it was Hopkin directly or a coach. Don’t think it was mentioned before as it never had any relevance, just posted it as someone else was alluding to Hopkin being a grass or lacking a thick skin 

2 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Phew...Cameron Blues has signed a new deal with Morton 

Had the fear we would sign him and Kalvin Orsi. Only player still at Morton who isn’t under contract that I would take is Aidan McAdams. 

I have it on good authority that Timmins would start a fight in an empty house. 

Doesn't take any criticism, constructive or otherwise, very well. 

Worrying that this is the route that the club are apparentlyooking to go down. As has been said already, it's a collective effort on and off the pitch, in the boardroom and terrace, if the club are to progress. 

It doesn't mean that differing opinions can't be aired. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Sadly we’ve seen a pretty rapid decline since Ian McCall left the club which shows he was probably more than just a manager. We just seem to be jumping from one cluster f**k to another. I don’t think I’ve ever felt as apathetic towards the club and considering we have Ayrshire derbies next season I really shouldn’t be feeling like that. I’m on the fence about renewing my season ticket if I’m honest, if it wasn’t for the fact that getting a season ticket is probably the only way of making sure I get into the games I wouldn’t be bothering. 

22 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Sadly we’ve seen a pretty rapid decline since Ian McCall left the club which shows he was probably more than just a manager. We just seem to be jumping from one cluster f**k to another. I don’t think I’ve ever felt as apathetic towards the club and considering we have Ayrshire derbies next season I really shouldn’t be feeling like that. I’m on the fence about renewing my season ticket if I’m honest, if it wasn’t for the fact that getting a season ticket is probably the only way of making sure I get into the games I wouldn’t be bothering. 

Pity you couldn't take McCall back.

We’re trying to be a different club to what we were under McCall. I think it’s fine having the manger oversee a lot of the clubs operations when you’re part time or start going full time. However there comes a point when it isn’t sustainable and you are better off leaving him in charge of the squad and on the training pitch. It’s going to take a while before we get this club into a proper shape off the pitch and it’ll probably look like the club is in a bit of disarray for the meantime.

The whole thing last night is truly embarrassing for Smith and the club but it’s the kind of thing someone who is more versed in football and with a bit of experience can have a word with him about so it doesn’t happen again. I think it would be hugely beneficial if we brought in a DOF type character not to oversee Hopkin so much (although it wouldn’t hurt to have someone help with recruitment) but more to help out Smith. He’s clearly a good businessman but good businessmen don’t automatically become good football club owners. There’s far more to it than that.

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re trying to be a different club to what we were under McCall. I think it’s fine having the manger oversee a lot of the clubs operations when you’re part time or start going full time. However there comes a point when it isn’t sustainable and you are better off leaving him in charge of the squad and on the training pitch. It’s going to take a while before we get this club into a proper shape off the pitch and it’ll probably look like the club is in a bit of disarray for the meantime.

The whole thing last night is truly embarrassing for Smith and the club but it’s the kind of thing someone who is more versed in football and with a bit of experience can have a word with him about so it doesn’t happen again. I think it would be hugely beneficial if we brought in a DOF type character not to oversee Hopkin so much (although it wouldn’t hurt to have someone help with recruitment) but more to help out Smith. He’s clearly a good businessman but good businessmen don’t automatically become good football club owners. There’s far more to it than that.

Think it’s concerning that a number of people are looking at a one sided story ( not stating you )  and coming to a conclusion, apart from the 2 people involved,  who knows what was said in a tweet between 2 people , for all we know it could have been a personal comment that he felt needed to be responded to and believe it should have remained that way 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Think it’s concerning that a number of people are looking at a one sided story and coming to a conclusion, apart from the 2 people involved,  who knows what was said in a tweet between 2 people , for all we know it could have been a personal comment that he felt needed to be responded to and believe it should have remained that way 

My lack of enthusiasm for next season is not just based on last night. It’s a number of things including a manager who I don’t think is up to much, signings which on paper look poor and knowing their is still going to be covid restrictions in place with regards to numbers of fans allowed to attend and probably no away fans for a large part if not all of next season (well aware this isn’t the clubs fault).